If guilty what will happen???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If a club has systemaically doped then no punishment can be too servere.

I'm fully confident that we are clean.

But theoretically had we been doping with full knowledge of everyone in the club then i would fully endorse the stripping of our two premierships (provided we doped those seasons) and the loss of points from this season and next as well as a huge fine.

For mine, i wanted the same for the Bulldogs and the Storm and would be a hypocrite if i didnt expect the same here.

That said i would never stop supporting the club. The club is bigger than the current players staff and administration.

Now this whole post is absolutely redundent as i have no doubt we are clean and deserved champions!!!!

I think its amazing that it's been suggested that blokes like Don Singe and Dean Robinson and associated club doctors have been linked with any wrong doing.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Garts said:
There are way too many variables or unknowns at this point in time. Did the players know what they were doing was illegal? If a club doctor gives you a needle to assist with being able to take the field, train or assist with pain or have a injury heal quicker who's responsibility is it to ensure the substances are not banned? I would say the club and its medical staff. Why should players be punished for being told what to take by a qualified staff member at the club. If they knew they were taking banned substances, i.e. like Armstrong then that is a different story.

Anyway I have no idea what the facts are so its hard to make a accurate comment, all we can do is speculate.

My assumption is none of this has come out yet, I was just wondering of it had and I missed it??

If it's speculation then I guess we don't need that either!!

BUT it's an interesting topic I feel.

I agree that its interesting and I do not care if people want to discuss it. Its a big topic and people are naturally curious in what has happened and also worried for Manly as a fan. I'm just saying I am not even going to try at this point, too many unknowns.

bones said:
I am confident that Manly will be cleared of any wrong doing in this saga. However, if they are ever found guilty of anything that resulted in a premiership being stripped, they would lose my support, and membership, for good.

Like when Des left :)

bones said:
I am confident that Manly will be cleared of any wrong doing in this saga. However, if they are ever found guilty of anything that resulted in a premiership being stripped, they would lose my support, and membership, for good.

Same here, i don't think supporting a Rugby League team will interest me if extensive steroid use nullufies a Manly premiership.

Yes , ill still watch the footy but only on tv, will never buy merchandise or membership again.

But all in all i don't think we'll have much to worry about.

IF (and that is a big if like I typed) this is rife throughout our game, then perhaps we have to simply draw a line in the sand and say " from this point on the following will be applicable"

Players

First strike...2 year ban

However those named (or unamed) are deemed to have had their first strike but are allowed to play on BUT if found out again..life ban!!

Second strike...life ban.

Coaches and support staff (who are perhaps the "potentially" more guilty ones here).

Life ban from the game.

Now you might wonder why I don't give them any leniency, well the reason for that is they would have known exactly what they were doing (as opposed to perhaps a naive 18 year old given a drink and is told it's vitamins).

I don't think for one mnute that too many of the players are that naive but would hate to see a player rubbed out of the game for simply obeying orders.

In essence we rub out the coaches / doctors etc etc who were guilty of administering this BUT we draw a line in the sand so that the game can continue.

The ramifications of mass suspensions, clubs being booted out etc etc are things that have huge impacts on thousands and thousands of jobs / sponsorships etc etc....any code that goes through this will be set back decades....so regardless the people in power must not see that happen.

By the way lloydy back in my day we had a Pommie (10 Pound Pom) lady teacher, hot as anything who sat at the head of the class, on her desk, in a mini skirt showing the boys exactly what she wanted, boy those were the days!!

I reckon the majority of the drama is going to be drugs in the AFL and gambling on A League.

There may be a few individuals be exposed in the NRL but the systematic approach to dopping will be in the AFL.

Mark from Brisbane said:
IF (and that is a big if like I typed) this is rife throughout our game, then perhaps we have to simply draw a line in the sand and say " from this point on the following will be applicable"

Players

However those named (or unamed) are deemed to have had their first strike but are allowed to play on BUT if found out again..life ban!!

Coaches and support staff (who are perhaps the "potentially" more guilty ones here).

Life ban from the game.

Now you might wonder why I don't give them any leniency, well the reason for that is they would have known exactly what they were doing (as opposed to perhaps a naive 18 year old given a drink and is told it's vitamins).

I don't think for one mnute that too many of the players are that naive but would hate to see a player rubbed out of the game for simply obeying orders.

In essence we rub out the coaches / doctors etc etc who were guilty of administering this BUT we draw a line in the sand so that the game can continue.

The ramifications of mass suspensions, clubs being booted out etc etc are things that have huge impacts on thousands and thousands of jobs / sponsorships etc etc....any code that goes through this will be set back decades....so regardless the people in power must not see that happen.

By the way lloydy back in my day we had a Pommie (10 Pound Pom) lady teacher, hot as anything who sat at the head of the class, on her desk, in a mini skirt showing the boys exactly what she wanted, boy those were the days!!

Agree mate, Coaching staff have to wear the most of any of this. A naive kid will only take steroids if he is encoueaged to.

COMMANDER said:
I reckon the majority of the drama is going to be drugs in the AFL and gambling on A League.

There may be a few individuals be exposed in the NRL but the systematic approach to dopping will be in the AFL.

You'll note that in my first post this is a generic post, not aimed at Manly....I am talking all sports here (and given their CEO's were all represented then it's safe to asume they are all in this!!)

So a good point Commander (even if you are a bloody Queenslander!!!)

Mark from Brisbane said:
COMMANDER said:

You'll note that in my first post this is a generic post, not aimed at Manly....I am talking all sports here (and given their CEO's were all represented then it's safe to asume they are all in this!!)

Mate you have lived in Queenlsand long enough to be a Qlder, you little scamp. I here by dubb thee "Queenslander".

Can't wait to see you in the mighty maroon this year.

Mark from Brisbane said:

Players

Life ban from the game.

NRL wise Mark there is at least 3 clubs that could be right to go within three months

The penalty the Knights got for the 1997 farce seems to be the precedent.

COMMANDER said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
COMMANDER said:

Mate you have lived in Queenlsand long enough to be a Qlder, you little scamp. I here by dubb thee "Queenslander".

Can't wait to see you in the mighty maroon this year.

7 (almost 8) years does NOT make one a Queenslander.

Although I must admit, I do go for the Heat in the BBL, and have been to a few Reds games and cheered.

AND...wait for it.....I do feel a sense of pride when I see Queenslanders who have been knocked over by natural disasters, stand up proud and say "we'll be right we are Queenslanders"

So maybe (god help me) I am turning.

I'm most worried from this saga about the the infrance that players were bribed into under performing. If you go back in these forums for 3-4 years you'll read how worried we were about the influence that gambling would have on sport in Australia.
All sports have sold out to the gambling organisations, and for mine this is the root of the problem. Our concerns have been unfortunately realised. When big money is involved, criminals can corrupt weak-willed players and officials (by bribes, supplying them with drugs, blackmail etc).
Has sport passed the point of no return? Can we give up the 'sponsorship' money paid by gambling firms in a bid to clean up the NRL, cricket, AFL etc?
Don;t for one minute think I'm condoning taking drugs. But at least players do that in order to perform better. The thought that a player threw a match is more revoluting to me.

On the up side this could open up a new area of potential sponsorship by pharmaceutical companies. Pfizer made 50 billion last year!

If anyone knows about "The Mitchell Report" than came out a few years back in Major League Baseball in the US - I think there will be a lot of similarities here. Only major difference was MLB didn't have a drug policy at the time.... Main takeaway is that the players were ultimately held accountable - which is the way it should be here.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7