Ian Roberts on Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele you are full of ****, dredging up old crap to justify your attacks on everyone who isn't in the Penn camp. How long has our media manager been around? But we won't dare criticise uncle Peter, would we? lol

Who gives a f**k what Ian Roberts says/thinks.. he's going into acting, doesn't do much in the development or running of the club. His book is old isn't it? I've read plenty of Manly books in my time, but not his.
This thread is a failed attempt at proving a point imo.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300989129[/time]

I used to have an issue with Zorba as media manager, particularly with the new media, but all this takes to improve is the hiring of some younger administrative staff to look after twitter and facebook etc. Barring the new sponsor announcement on twitter this area has  picked up in terms of quality and professionalism.

I can guarantee there would be no other media manager in the country that would be as close to the Manly boys and give as much support to them as Zorba does.

SwornEagle link said:
I used to have an issue with Zorba as media manager, particularly with the new media, but all this takes to improve is the hiring of some younger administrative staff to look after twitter and facebook etc. Barring the new sponsor announcement on twitter this area has  picked up in terms of quality and professionalism.

I can guarantee there would be no other media manager in the country that would be as close to the Manly boys and give as much support to them as Zorba does.

I'm not questioning Zorba's support and good relationship with the players. That's his strength but he hasn't kept up with the new technology and this is where he fails. I've been saying that he should step aside and as you said bring someone in who has the skills.

I'm not saying that we get rid of him completely because I believe he has a role at the club but not in his current position.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=186952.msg326871#msg326871 date=1300941027]
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186952.msg326809#msg326809 date=1300931731]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186952.msg326799#msg326799 date=1300929171]
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me.  

Matabele, Does the same argument hold true for Lowie who has been involved at a senior level in the sport for nearly 40 years?
[/quote]

I work as a finance manager in the property industry. I have been in this industry for over 12 years.  Does that mean I can now be a project manager or engineer? Fark no.
[/quote] Thanks goodness someone understand the start of this thread.  Roberts is hardly enthusiastic about Lowe's coaching credentials or style, in his book he claims Bozo was infinitely better.

Yet he has lobbed back into the joint some 20 years later, primarily because there was a dearth of candidates because of the way Mayer was treated.  
[/quote]

If anyones career at this club is overrated is Mayer.   The only credit he deserves for our premiership success is being unable to land about dozen big name players we chased which forced the club to ultimately give players like Stewart (G), Hall and Bryant a go.

Crusher & Des built our squad back from the depths and he just road the coattails.

As for Zorba, to be honest, I think he's a bit of a dinosaur.  He holds grudges and can quite frankly be rude to people.  The media manager needs to be everyones friend because its about doing favours for people and plenty of back scratching occurs.  Its hard to do that effectively if you burn too many bridges.

Matabele link said:
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me. 

Matabele, Does the same argument hold true for Lowie who has been involved at a senior level in the sport for nearly 40 years?
[/quote]

For me no.  I will say he knows the industry from his days of coaching.  However his top level coaching days were a long time ago and he was not a top level coach for that long from memory.  Being a CEO in this day and age is completely different.

I work as a finance manager in the property industry. I have been in this industry for over 12 years.  Does that mean I can now be a project manager or engineer? Fark no.
[/quote] Thanks goodness someone understand the start of this thread.  Roberts is hardly enthusiastic about Lowe's coaching credentials or style, in his book he claims Bozo was infinitely better.

Yet he has lobbed back into the joint some 20 years later, primarily because there was a dearth of candidates because of the way Mayer was treated. 
[/quote]

Once again Mata, if I go thorugh my league books, and find a quote from someone saying Lowe is the best coach they have ever had, does that mean he is great to have back at the club now ?

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186952.msg326993#msg326993 date=1300966021]
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me. 

[/quote]

For me no.  I will say he knows the industry from his days of coaching.  However his top level coaching days were a long time ago and he was not a top level coach for that long from memory.  Being a CEO in this day and age is completely different.

I work as a finance manager in the property industry. I have been in this industry for over 12 years.  Does that mean I can now be a project manager or engineer? Fark no.
[/quote] Thanks goodness someone understand the start of this thread.  Roberts is hardly enthusiastic about Lowe's coaching credentials or style, in his book he claims Bozo was infinitely better.

[/quote]

Once again Mata, if I go thorugh my league books, and find a quote from someone saying Lowe is the best coach they have ever had, does that mean he is great to have back at the club now ?
[/quote]

No,it makes you an idiot for looking for some obscure Lowe reference in a book written by a player or former admin man noone really gives a flying **** about,he has to just be a placeholder of sorts,he stopped the infighting and now we need a REAL CEO to move forward,we ALL know this

Mata knows this,but this is his way of firing potshots at our former owner and the man who saved us,he hates him for god knows what reason,personally i think both owners were rather childish,but i still love the both of them,its not the hate on Lowe he is concerned with,its actually a Delmage potshot written by a man who would bite the hands that feed him,now he has you hook,line and sinker

Nice catch Mata,2 pages of bull**** attest to your fishing skills :)

i'm getting sick of the same old sh**t being produced about lowe etc from the same ol keyboard heroes (and you know who you are) . PLEASE get a job FFS. I'm not a supporter of any faction but lets just discuss our team and prospects for the season not the petty back-stabbing diatribe that is being produced here. please.

its the same people over and over again and i's sure i'm not the only one sick of reading it..

Shane link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186952.msg327113#msg327113 date=1301024578]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

now we need a REAL CEO to move forward,we ALL know this

[/quote]  Well done, you're getting closer to understanding.

Shane link said:

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No,it makes you an idiot for looking for some obscure Lowe reference in a book written by a player or former admin man noone really gives a flying f**k about,he has to just be a placeholder of sorts,he stopped the infighting and now we need a REAL CEO to move forward,we ALL know this

Mata knows this,but this is his way of firing potshots at our former owner and the man who saved us,he hates him for god knows what reason,personally i think both owners were rather childish,but i still love the both of them,its not the hate on Lowe he is concerned with,its actually a Delmage potshot written by a man who would bite the hands that feed him,now he has you hook,line and sinker

Nice catch Mata,2 pages of bulls**t attest to your fishing skills :)
[/quote]

I should listen to your expertise, you know all about looking like an idiot lol

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=186952.msg327156#msg327156 date=1301034102]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No,it makes you an idiot for looking for some obscure Lowe reference in a book written by a player or former admin man noone really gives a flying f**k about,he has to just be a placeholder of sorts,he stopped the infighting and now we need a REAL CEO to move forward,we ALL know this

Nice catch Mata,2 pages of bulls**t attest to your fishing skills :)
[/quote]

I should listen to your expertise, you know all about looking like an idiot lol
[/quote]Yes, folk like you never cease to amaze me.  I could write my PhD on the topic with what I've observed on here.

What a waste of your time-posts like these deserve to be on the end of delete buttons. I thought this was a supporters forum. DCE is the big news, not this BULL****!!!!

What good is it if our players play their hearts out when many people involved in the club have reservations about Lowe's ability and management style? 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6