Ian Roberts on Graham Lowe

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=186952.msg324865#msg324865 date=1300580469]
And the point of this topic would be ?
  Shows the calibre of our front office.  Several staff from front office seem to suggest little has changed with the Lowe modus operandi.
[/quote]

Oh Ok

So if i dig into the big collection of league books I have and find a quote talking Lowe up then that carries through to his work now as well ?

Surely you can admit Lowe has not done much at all since being here KE, at least from what we can see.

I'm not the one running the agenda mate, I make very, very little comment on what he has or hasn't done, because I am not one of the posters pretending to know what goes on behind the scenes ;)

swoop link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186952.msg324864#msg324864 date=1300580032]
Ian strikes me as someone who just wanted to be held, Bozo probably suited his personality more than Lowe did.

However I gotta admire the tenacity of someone willing to quote a 13 year old biography for another Lowe blow. Pity our current forwards aren't that dogged.

Matabele loves living in the past and puts the boot into anyone he dislikes at the club even with 13 year old material.

But funnily enough doesn't have a problem with any in the Penn camp. He's been reluctant to say much about Zorba who's media manager for years but as far as I can tell hasn't moved with the times.

As mata says himself "shows the calibre of the front office" but can only point at one person who's been there a couple of years while the other has been there for as long as I can remember.
[/quote]

Those long enough on this site will remember Zorba, week-in, week-out, getting the Lowe treatment from Matabele. Maybe worse. Zorba in a black hat.

That all changed suddenly and dramatically at the same time that Zorba's nephew Penn (white hat) bought into Manly.  That Penn (white hat), Zorba (black hat) family relationship must've been quite a dilemma for Matabele.  Seems his hatred of Delmege (black hat) overrode his hatred of Zorba.  Lowe was appointed because of Delmege's intervention, so automatically wore the black hat, even before he took up the position. 

The interesting part from all this is that now Zorba has transformed into a white hat for Matabele.

Black and white thinking is a wonderful thing indeed. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Garts link=topic=186952.msg326285#msg326285 date=1300788201]
Surely you can admit Lowe has not done much at all since being here KE, at least from what we can see.
  Note he avoided your question?
[/quote]

No question avoided mate, I just don't have the delusions of granduer believing I know the ins and outs of the front office like some do, so don't bother commenting on it

Rex link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186952.msg326024#msg326024 date=1300743243]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186952.msg324864#msg324864 date=1300580032]
Ian strikes me as someone who just wanted to be held, Bozo probably suited his personality more than Lowe did.

However I gotta admire the tenacity of someone willing to quote a 13 year old biography for another Lowe blow. Pity our current forwards aren't that dogged.

Matabele loves living in the past and puts the boot into anyone he dislikes at the club even with 13 year old material.

But funnily enough doesn't have a problem with any in the Penn camp. He's been reluctant to say much about Zorba who's media manager for years but as far as I can tell hasn't moved with the times.

As mata says himself "shows the calibre of the front office" but can only point at one person who's been there a couple of years while the other has been there for as long as I can remember.
[/quote]

Those long enough on this site will remember Zorba, week-in, week-out, getting the Lowe treatment from Matabele. Maybe worse. Zorba in a black hat.

That all changed suddenly and dramatically at the same time that Zorba's nephew Penn (white hat) bought into Manly.  That Penn (white hat), Zorba (black hat) family relationship must've been quite a dilemma for Matabele.  Seems his hatred of Delmege (black hat) overrode his hatred of Zorba.  Lowe was appointed because of Delmege's intervention, so automatically wore the black hat, even before he took up the position. 

The interesting part from all this is that now Zorba has transformed into a white hat for Matabele.

[/quote]  Zorba was smart enough to take some of the advice proffered on this forum.  How many knockers are there today with all the Sydney papers running the same line on Brett Stewart ensuring a bumper crowd if it's a fine day on Sunday.

Wake up and smell the roses Mr Zebra.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=186952.msg326406#msg326406 date=1300835392]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186952.msg326024#msg326024 date=1300743243]

[/quote]

[/quote]  Zorba was smart enough to take some of the advice proffered on this forum.  How many knockers are there today with all the Sydney papers running the same line on Brett Stewart ensuring a bumper crowd if it's a fine day on Sunday.

Wake up and smell the roses Mr Zebra.
[/quote]

And all these articles are because of Zorba? Please, you can't seriously believe that, and if you do why has it taken 2 years for it to happen?

Does Zorba have to rely on forum members to point out what his job and responsibilities are? He's a dinosaur and needs to step aside and the club should get a professional media manager in his place.

You bias is unbelievable.

So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a "professional"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me. 

Matabele link said:
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me.  
No, he's not. You know aswell as I do that he's not up to it.

You said yourself and I quote  " Zorba was smart enough to take some of the advice proffered on this forum"

Yeah, he's a real professional.

Matabele link said:
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me.  

Matabele, Does the same argument hold true for Lowie who has been involved at a senior level in the sport for nearly 40 years?

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186952.msg326799#msg326799 date=1300929171]
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me. 

Matabele, Does the same argument hold true for Lowie who has been involved at a senior level in the sport for nearly 40 years?
[/quote]

For me no.  I will say he knows the industry from his days of coaching.  However his top level coaching days were a long time ago and he was not a top level coach for that long from memory.  Being a CEO in this day and age is completely different.

I work as a finance manager in the property industry. I have been in this industry for over 12 years.  Does that mean I can now be a project manager or engineer? Fark no.

this bashing of Lowe & Zorba is becoming a bit tedious, how about we all just start supporting our team for a while

Seems to have calmed the waters somewhat.  Signed a few good ones, and generally kept the ship afloat and chugging forward.  Not ideal, but not the wreckage Matas always hints at. 

It will be a good chuckle if we win the comp this year with Lowey at the wheel.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
this bashing of Lowe & Zorba is becoming a bit tedious, how about we all just start supporting our team for a while

Gee I thought it was going to be a positive week after all!!

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
Best thing ive heard this year on this site.

Garts link said:
[quote author=vidmar link=topic=186952.msg326809#msg326809 date=1300931731]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=186952.msg326799#msg326799 date=1300929171]
So someone who has worked in media for 30 years is not a \"professional\"?  That's unbelievable bias if you ask me. 

[/quote]

For me no.  I will say he knows the industry from his days of coaching.  However his top level coaching days were a long time ago and he was not a top level coach for that long from memory.  Being a CEO in this day and age is completely different.

I work as a finance manager in the property industry. I have been in this industry for over 12 years.  Does that mean I can now be a project manager or engineer? Fark no.
[/quote] Thanks goodness someone understand the start of this thread.  Roberts is hardly enthusiastic about Lowe's coaching credentials or style, in his book he claims Bozo was infinitely better.

Yet he has lobbed back into the joint some 20 years later, primarily because there was a dearth of candidates because of the way Mayer was treated. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6