I will take it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
I will take it, but **** I am feeling flat right now. Part of that is due to the disgraces in pink but I will leave that out of this topic

We are still playing some good patches of footy, mixed in with some really, really poor patches

There are 2 guys that sum that up perfectly, Stewart and Watmough

Stewart, for 79mins, he had a blinder. In that other minute, he gave away a penalty and let in a soft try, a big black mark against such a good game

Watmough, plays with passion, never stops going, running the ball he was magic tonight, commited enough to play through injuries, but there are the other 2-3 little touches in his game letting him down

Will start off with the much maligned players tonight

T-Rex, very, very solid game, couldn't ask for much more from him tonight, will be interested to read the views on his blunders though

Bailey, I have had enough now. He looked ok running the ball at times, made a couple of good tackles, but too much **** in his game for mine. Trouble is I am not seeing a replacement right now

Robbo, again I don't think we can ask for much more from him

Rose, carried the ball well tonight I thought

Cross, that error is a glaring mark against him

Hodkinson, still doesn't offer a lot in attack, but in a lot of areas tonight, namely tackling and kicking, he played well. He has got us 4 competition points with droppies in crunch time this season so a massive well done to him there

Some of the other blokes

King, I will give him man of the match, simply on the captains knock of his in the final 10mins to try and force something, which he did. Played strong the full 80

Kite, i would like to applaud the balls of the man. Threw that awful, awful pass, yet had the courage to throw that 2008 Grand Final type ball from the kick off to send oldfield upfield.

Oldfield was solid again, I like him

Foran was non existent tonight, hence Matai and Oldfield not seeing a lot of pill

I just am not convinced on that effort tonight all in all. Defensively, I thought we went ok, that Mannering effort was as soft as they come, but their only other try was from an arsey kick, with a lack of urgency thrown in.

In attack, some of it is just dumb. As I said, Foran was non existent. Stewart and Lyon were destroying them early on, yet in the second half we don't use them at all !! Frustrating. I hated the set leading up to the field goal too, we should have fired a shot at them on 1 of the tackles

As I said, I will happily take the win and 2 points, but a lot of work to do

Oldfield reminds me of a younger version of Robbo.

I think Manly didn't really win this game but the Warriors lost it (by that I mean taking a penalty goal instead of going for a try)

Hmm, you're right about Foran being quiet. I wonder what the story is?

T-Rex had a decent game too. You say there's not much more to ask of him, but for such a big guy it kills me when I see him take a kick return or a hitup from within our own 10m line and he runs sideways.

T-Rex had a really great game. Yes he crabbed a bit but his two bomb takes were match winners. Then he got two tries as well.

Bailey is the one who offers so little. We suffered with Rodney gone but Joe did ok in his runs. All in all though there have probably been better games to watch with the Belrose Eagles.

The Warriors were just poor. Five dummy half runs most sets and they just didn't apply pressure. Which makes the score almost embarrassing. But we are still in it.

The two points was very important to us so I'm more than happy to take that. The Warriors have been in good form so it was good to beat them, but we seem to be making plenty of errors. Bailey was awful yet again and we are going to miss Rodney and I hope to god Des finds someone else to replace him with rather than keep Bailey in the team. He doesn't offer nothing, he offers dropped balls and stupid passes. He's like a less talented, smaller version of Cuthbo.
Williams was great again, yes he needs to run harder sometimes but I'm more than happy with his game.
Anyway we're still looking o.k. to make the eight which is the main thing.

"Anyway we're still looking o.k. to make the eight which is the main thing"

BUT running out of troops and that's going to make it real tough from here

Bailey was very solid apart from that **** offload and the poor play the ball.

He's an easy scapegoat.

Volley link said:
Bailey was very solid apart from that s**t offload and the poor play the ball.

He's an easy scapegoat.

The trouble is he always does it. It's like Choc and his dreadful hands, it just always happens.

I thought Bailey was hard done by on the play the ball penalty, i haven't seen a play the ball penalty for 5 years before that (ok, slight exaggeration). Some of the play the balls in the 2nd half left a lot to be desired.

Well it was ugly but we won, the problem is Injury's may be the death of us :(  Also where are all the T-Rex bashers tonight??? lolz.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7