1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to stay at Manly long term: Buhrer

Discussion in 'Uncategorized' started by Clint, Mar 17, 2014.

By Clint on Mar 17, 2014 at 2:24 PM
  1. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    Utility Jamie Buhrer says he wants to commit to Manly long term as the Sea Eagles continue to search for a solution to their NRL salary cap puzzle.

Read More

Comments

Discussion in 'Uncategorized' started by Clint, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +1,658 / 14
      Utility Jamie Buhrer says he wants to commit to Manly long term as the Sea Eagles continue to search for a solution to their NRL salary cap puzzle.

Off-contract star back-rower Glenn Ste[​IMG]wart's future at the club is under a cloud due to salary cap pressure, with Buhrer, also out-of-contract at season's end, putting in a timely reminder of his talents in Manly's victory over South Sydney on Friday.

Buhrer was one of the Sea Eagles' best in the upset win, in place of Stewart who was a late withdrawal with a groin injury.

With talk in-demand halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is set to sign a two year contract extension for around $1 million a year, the Sea Eagles cap squeeze is likely to only get tighter.

Buhrer has been linked to a move to Parramatta, but says he wants to stay at Brookvale.

"That sort of performance doesn't hurt, when you play good football your future will look after itself. I would love to be at the club long term," Buhrer said.

"It's well publicised we have some cap issues at the club and that is for my manager to sort out.

"I just have to keep playing games like this and that will look after itself.

"My manager is worried about that - I'm just worrying about playing good footy."

Buhrer says he isn't looking to be a replacement for Stewart.

"I've been playing a while now I know what I can do, I'm not Glenn Stewart," he said.

"Glenn Stewart is a great player in his own right. I was just looking to play my own game out there.

"I was confident in my own ability, and was able to put that forward.

"It was a good individual performance but I wouldn't have been able to do that without the team effort."

James Macsmith
      AAP

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8815286

2. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
      Ratings:
      +11,498 / 254
      Maybe Raelene Castle can share her 4 Excel spreadsheets, so that Manly can balance their books as well as the Dogs :idea:

• Like Like x 1
    3. Townsville Eagle

Townsville Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
      +171 / 0
      Yes, keep Buhrer if we can please. He is a very good footballer but needs game time to develop.

• Like Like x 1
    4. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +6,802 / 122
      Crazy if we let him slip away. Doubt that will happen though, he's a keeper.

5. BOZO

BOZO Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +3,855 / 192
      I they all want to stay at Manly some of them may have to accept a pay cut ?

• Like Like x 1
    6. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
      +7,800 / 58
      Well.....that ended well!