I thought the young winger last night did a good job

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was no knock-on; Coward kicked it into him, Oldfield didn't play at it. Just one of many bad decisions.
But he had a good game and should be retained, with T-Rex taking a seat on the bench and being used as an impact player. . .  provided someone can fire him up.

I don't think they will stick with him

Watching The Club on TV over here last night, and Crusher was quoted as saying that an under 20s player going up to NRL you can't expect much more than 4 straight games from them at that level before taking them back down again

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I don't think they will stick with him

Watching The Club on TV over here last night, and Crusher was quoted as saying that an under 20s player going up to NRL you can't expect much more than 4 straight games from them at that level before taking them back down again

Had Crusher been drinking? Far be it for me to contradict the great man but there are dozens of Under 20 players who, once blooded, remained in First grade.

It is the philosophy of our club I think mate. All mentioned that reserve grade is needed as a stepping stone. Our club has never really rated the 20s imo

I don't know about dozens coming straight from 20s and staying though mate, I can only think of a handful off the top of my head in Prior, Foran, Matulino, Linnett and a few others.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
It is the philosophy of our club I think mate. All mentioned that reserve grade is needed as a stepping stone. Our club has never really rated the 20s imo

I don't know about dozens coming straight from 20s and staying though mate, I can only think of a handful off the top of my head in Prior, Foran, Matulino, Linnett and a few others.

Ingliss, Slater, Boyd, Mortimer, Inu, Sandow, Coote, Graham, Douglas, Ferguson, Pearce, Nielsen, Dugan, Folau, Gillett  . and others I can't think of - all under 20 when they made their debuts, and stayed in first grade.

agree barry.he just looks like a footballer to me.well done to the young bloke.if he doesnt get another run ill give it away.

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=184704.msg285381#msg285381 date=1282019856]

Ingliss, Slater, Boyd, Mortimer, Inu, Sandow, Coote, Graham, Douglas, Ferguson, Pearce, Nielsen, Dugan, Folau, Gillett  . and others I can't think of - all under 20 when they made their debuts, and stayed in first grade.
[/quote]

It isn't the age mate, it is the comp they came from.
The likes of Inglis, Slater, Boyd, Inu, Douglas etc were around before the Under 20s comp started, and were playing against men in the Qld Cup or NSW Cup, a far better preparation for NRL footy

The Warriors have a young kid at the moment who is going to be a star, and they have at time taken him out of their 20s side and put him into their reserve grade side to try and bring him through quicker

I thought he played very well last night for his first game.  Probably needs to beef up a bit as he was stopped in his tracks a few times.

Overall though I think we need to get him signed indefinately before the rorters see him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4