I think Des Hasler has won his last Premiership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Des is a true mastercoach.

As a seasoned professional with recognised success I don't think he'll struggle at all in taking the Bulldogs to the top. Their success will be a bitter pill to swallow.

There is a reason why the Bulldogs are ecstatic with his signing. He arguably has the best credentials for success and they've got him for three years.

Pittwater Legend said:
There is a reason why the Bulldogs are ecstatic with his signing. He arguably has the best credentials for success and they've got him for three years.

They have him for 4 years.

Pittwater Legend said:
Des is a true mastercoach.

As a seasoned professional with recognised success I don't think he'll struggle at all in taking the Bulldogs to the top. Their success will be a bitter pill to swallow.

The following is true

An old mate of mine had a race horse trained by Tommy Smith for 3 preparations and it never won a race.

They won't give him the 4 years he needs, after 3 they will replace him with the next big thing.

bob dylan said:
The following is true.

An old mate of mine had a race horse trained by Tommy Smith for 3 preparations and it never won a race.

To me that's irrelevant. Hasler is a great leader and will be in charge of a group of men.

The Manly 2004 side was ten shades of ****. As a coaching novice it took Des one season to get the side into the finals. Ever since we have become the most envied team in the competition on the field.

I'd be shocked if they don't finish higher than 6th in his first season in charge.

I hope he fails, but I know he wont. The dogs will at very least go close to winning a premiership during his 4 years. You're also kidding yourself when you say they have a rubbish roster. They are a few good signings away from having one of the better teams in the comp on paper, and if anyone can turn someone like Pritchard into a consistently devastating player it's hasler.

I can't support the bloke anymore, and what he has done (despite the inept board pushing him to the brink) is like a knife to the back of everything this club stands for. But that said no one can argue what a great coach he is and what an incredible job he has done for us. No matter how we feel right now, he will always go down as a Manly great. It's just such a shame that his legend will most likely end with him as a bulldog.

Pittwater Legend said:
bob dylan said:
The following is true.

To me that's irrelevant. Hasler is a great leader and will be in charge of a group of men.

The Manly 2004 side was ten shades of s**t. As a coaching novice it took Des one season to get the side into the finals. Ever since we have become the most envied team in the competition on the field.

I'd be shocked if they don't finish higher than 6th in his first season in charge.

And as I said show me their Menzies, Kennedy and Lyon and I will see success. But if you are telling me Barber, Pritchard and Ennis are the best they come up with they will struggle to make a final series.

I wish him well and hope he finds success but at a team that looks like its the departures lounge at mascot I cant see it happening unless the sign a Thurston, Lyon, Slater or Cameron Smith or two.

As much as i want the Bulldogs to fail under Des, i get the feeling they will be fine. The board aren't necessarily looking for immediate success, they are looking for a change in culture and reputation, which they will get under Des. Whether they win a comp under Des is irrelevant, they want him to build a team that will be successful for years to come, even after he is gone.

bob dylan said:
I do not care how good a coach is. If they don't have the players they won't be any good.

At this stage the dogs have in my opinion the worst roster in the nrl for 2012 and will compete with eels sharks and raiders fir the spoon.

The worst roster? I disagree. As hard as it is to say i think with some discipline, having Ennis back and the addition of James Graham from England they will be a top four side.

Jack Gibson won three premierships at Parramatta, went to Cronulla and failed to deliver them one. Frank Stanton won premierships at Manly but couldn't repeat that at Balmain. Let's hope Hasler follows these trends.

bones said:
Jack Gibson won three premierships at Parramatta, went to Cronulla and failed to deliver them one. Frank Stanton won premierships at Manly but couldn't repeat that at Balmain. Let's hope Hasler follows these trends.

It will depend on how many players Des pinches from manly

Rusty said:
They won't give him the 4 years he needs, after 3 they will replace him with the next big thing.

Toovey

bob dylan said:
Pittwater Legend said:
bob dylan said:
The following is true.

The Manly 2004 side was ten shades of s**t. As a coaching novice it took Des one season to get the side into the finals. Ever since we have become the most envied team in the competition on the field.

And as I said show me their Menzies, Kennedy and Lyon and I will see success. But if you are telling me Barber, Pritchard and Ennis are the best they come up with they will struggle to make a final series.

I wish him well and hope he finds success but at a team that looks like its the departures lounge at mascot I cant see it happening unless the sign a Thurston, Lyon, Slater or Cameron Smith or two.

Or a foran, Stewart bros and DCE

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4