I think Des Hasler has won his last Premiership.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Always saying he is not a career coach and now having a contact until he is 55, I would presume the contract he is about to sign will be his last.

The success at Manly took a while to come and I think the Dogs are in as bad shape as we were when Des took over. Some differences are

1. We had a club legend in Steve Menzies in the ranks, the Dogs have nothing Pritchard, Ennis, Tolman and Barber just dont cut it.

2. We recruited a club legend in Ben Kennedy, good luck finding one of those.

3. Then Jamie Lyon finally come to the club he had wanted to play with for years, and another club legend was born. Good luck finding someone who wants to play with the Dogs with Jamies ability.

I would say that of the Dogs 2011 starting 13 not a single player would make the best 13 Manly could field during 2011. Maybe Pritchard, Idris and Barber might make our bench. Ryan and Ennis maybe.

Des will be lucky to get in the finals at the Dogs during his four years. Its just not enough time.

I wish him well but success will be hard to get at that club with their roster.

For the first time he'll be coaching players that see him as just a coach, not a god. Will they go that extra mile for him? Doubt it.

bob dylan said:
Always saying he is not a career coach and now having a contact until he is 55, I would presume the contract he is about to sign will be his last.

The success at Manly took a while to come and I think the Dogs are in as bad shape as we were when Des took over. Some differences are

1. We had a club legend in Steve Menzies in the ranks, the Dogs have nothing Pritchard, Ennis, Tolman and Barber just dont cut it.

3. Then Jamie Lyon finally come to the club he had wanted to play with for years, and another club legend was born. Good luck finding someone who wants to play with the Dogs with Jamies ability.

I would say that of the Dogs 2011 starting 13 not a single player would make the best 13 Manly could field during 2011. Maybe Pritchard, Idris and Barber might make our bench. Ryan and Ennis maybe.

Des will be lucky to get in the finals at the Dogs during his four years. Its just not enough time.

HE WILL TAKE PLAYERS WITH HIM....AND CRUSHER....

Dont get me wrong I wish him well, I just cant see him winning a comp with 4 years. 6 to 8 years maybe.

What players will he take, even if they could got Watmough, Foran, Wolfman, Stewarts x2 and Lyon I cant see that being enough. These guys will be all 2 years older and with the exception of Foran their best will be well behind them.

They may go for the money and cash in and good on them if they do, but Manly would not be expecting to have Lyon beyond 2012, Watmough and the Stewarts would all have a 2013-14 used by date on them.

This is our time of change, with or without Des.

We need to secure Buhrer, DCE, Foran, Lussick, Ballin, TRex, Riccardi, Whare, Mauro and Robinson. These guys will ensure success no matter who the coach is.

It seems the club is in a state of transition. Change has been forced upon us but in the end something positive may come out of this. This could have been catastrophic if it had happened before the GF. At least we have the off season to prepare for next year. From all reports this was going to happen at some stage, neither side being willing to make concessions. If these changes finally give us some stability it will have been worth it.

I don't agree with you.

If Des is passionate in coaching the Dogs I think they will make the finals each season. His work ethic, understanding of the game and rapport with playing staff is just too good for him not to be even slightly successful.

I do not care how good a coach is. If they don't have the players they won't be any good.

At this stage the dogs have in my opinion the worst roster in the nrl for 2012 and will compete with eels sharks and raiders fir the spoon.

Idris has left for Titans and if Hodgkinson is still there it would be an interesting 1st conversation, " Sorry I left your team. " "Sorry I didnt want you."

Des won't be a respected ex club player when he joins the Dogs, he'll be a blow in. He has no history with the Dogs, neither do most of the support staff. They may be in for culture shock.

Hey Bob, what about 2012 with the Sea Eagles. Have I missed something? Is Des going right now?

No Manly will win the comp in 2012, I am very confident, whether that is with Des, Tooves or Warren Ryan as the coach, our roster is superior to the opposition.

As time rolls on though I get the feeling Des may not be at the helm by the end of the season. I hope he is and that will be premiership number 3.

bob dylan said:
No Manly will win the comp in 2012, I am very confident, whether that is with Des, Tooves or Warren Ryan as the coach, our roster is superior to the opposition.

As time rolls on though I get the feeling Des may not be at the helm by the end of the season. I hope he is and that will be premiership number 3.
AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH, Bob please never mention Warren Ryan and the Manly coaching job in the same post again !!!!!!!

Moondog you are joking if you do not think he has an aura around him where ever he goes even at the bulldogs

Sorry Moondog, I used him as a "worst case scenario".

He is a deadset goose.

I had the misfortune to sit near him on the plane after Manly beat the Bronco's.

lsz said:
Moondog you are joking if you do not think he has an aura around him where ever he goes even at the bulldogs
I don't doubt that Isz. Just feel his aura will be severely diminished at the Bulldogs. His light will not shine as brightly when he leaves God's country.

bob dylan said:
Sorry Moondog, I used him as a "worst case scenario".

He is a deadset goose.

I had the misfortune to sit near him on the plane after Manly beat the Bronco's.
Wow, that's bad luck Bob. Sort of like a twilight zone incident. Hope it was'nt a long trip.

bob dylan said:

Don't underestimate Des though; its fair to say he has learnt a stack about building teams and getting them to their peak. Him starting at the bulldogs in 2012/2013 will be a different Des to the novice coach whom started at Manly way back when.....

Bob I normally agree with you but Tolman and Graham as starting props leave ours for dead in terms of minutes played and workrate

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2