I Support The Penns & Kelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lol I kinda agree. F$$$ Foran as well if he leaves. We should have let him go to the dogs 3 years ago if he was that uncertain even then.

Had the Penns had control:
1. Des Hasler would not have left the club.
2. Gifty would have been re-signed.
3. Watmough would not have left.
4. DCE would have been allowed to walk just like Hodkinson was allowed to walk.
5. Foran would have been re-signed.
I'm a member of the Football Club but none the wiser as to their role in the decisions raised by @Ralphie.

As I understand it, until recently Penn controlled 3 of 7 votes on the board, with the FC and Quantum having 2 each.

If that was the case, Quantum can not be blamed for anything on their own as they would have needed support from the FC.

We have all heard about a bloc of Quantum and FC voting against the Penns from Ritchie, Rothfield et al but its not like everything they say can be trusted.

It would be nice to get some clarity at some point as 4yrs of endless speculation is making being a Manly fan less fun by the day.

@vidmar?
@Jonesyv2?

I imagine we are all feeling how Penrith fans felt 4 years ago when they started culling club legends, Gould was making some tough calls, and made everyone drink Oak milk.

Given time, I believe this changing of the guard will make us stronger. Let's get the back office right, a refreshed team, and we can build a new decade of dominance.

I'm disappointed with some players leaving etc, but excited for what the future holds for this great club.

As an aside, I have been taking a mental note on every prick at work who has chimed in with their two cents worth on manly this year so far. All these fly by the nighters with sudden superiority complexes is starting to Piss me off. They will get theirs....:devil:
I loved it when Gould made Jennings walk around the field giving tickets to fans bought with his contract money. Classic.

How can anyone know what the Penn camp would have done if they'd had control back then? Those 5 points you listed are only your opinion of what they would have done, they are not facts. They may well be right, but we will never know. Hypotheticals are not facts.

I hope this doesn't degenerate into some of the old arguments.

I've had way too many of those on here , almost walked away and I know many who don't post on here any longer , or wouldn't have a bar of the place for those reasons.

What's done is done, let's move on to the future, whatever that might be.

I hope this doesn't degenerate into some of the old arguments. What's done is done, let's move on to the future, whatever that might be.

Managed correctly it would be a very healthy thing to do. One single thread (no spin offs) and all post in that one thread with a defined topic. If no-one goes outside the boundaries (if they do mods can fix) then would it not be a sort of blood letting cathartic experience for quite a few people.

Considering there isnt any other place to do it, I would think it well worth the effort, even if views are strong and opinions varied.

Managed correctly it would be a very healthy thing to do. One single thread (no spin offs) and all post in that one thread with a defined topic. If no-one goes outside the boundaries (if they do mods can fix) then would it not be a sort of blood letting cathartic experience for quite a few people.

Considering there isnt any other place to do it, I would think it well worth the effort, even if views are strong and opinions varied.
It's all been said before, can't really see any value , although it could just be about the new set up I guess.

I receive a fair few calls each week from FC members and I'm happy to take them and answer questions as best I can.
So, if there any Football club members that wish to take up that option then please by all means call and leave your details on the FC line 1300 1972 73 and I'll call you back?
Understandably, I'm reluctant to enter debate or go in to much detail on public forums for what should be obvious reasons?

It's all been said before, can't really see any value , although it could just be about the new set up I guess.

I agree a lot has been said and maybe too much, but I get the feeling its ill directed and there hasnt been constructive progress in a well defined debate. Anyway, just a thought.

I receive a fair few calls each week from FC members and I'm happy to take them and answer questions as best I can.
So, if there any Football club members that wish to take up that option then please by all means call and leave your details on the FC line 1300 1972 73 and I'll call you back?
Understandably, I'm reluctant to enter debate or go in to much detail on public forums for what should be obvious reasons?

Vid, why not take advantage of one forum thread exclusively here set out to inform the brethren. A well defined topic so ensure the questions are focused. It would save a lot of time and hopefully inform a lot of members for the better.

The " Talking Bulldogs " radio show on 2SM have just mentioned there is a apparently a meeting of the Manly board in the next couple of days....is this a normal scheduled one or are they throwing fuel on the fire ???
Some guy came on & stated to gibbsy to read between the lines that toovey will be gone as he isn't liked by the penns.

Vid, why not take advantage of one forum thread exclusively here set out to inform the brethren. A well defined topic so ensure the questions are focused. It would save a lot of time and hopefully inform a lot of members for the better.

Thanks mate and I know your intentions are for the best BUT as mentioned, it's unrealistic for a Q & A session such as you're suggesting to be done on a public forum - I'm not a spokesperson for the Sea Eagles and as a board member I need to abide by and respect the protocols that we (all) have agreed to?

That doesn't mean I don't take my accountability to the members very seriously - I do and the offer still stands for those that may wish to contact me.

Hi Vidmar as a board member who happens to be present do you have any positive message to cheer the howling masses?

Some guy came on & stated to gibbsy to read between the lines that toovey will be gone as he isn't liked by the penns.

That's the only part of the Penn takover i am not comfortable with. I don't know the inner workings but there hasn't been any positive reinforcement from the club with regards to Toovs. Especially with the media bashing he is copping atm i just feel he is going to be made a scape goat for this whole mess and i hate that thought as he is as passionate as anyone about the club :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6