I Support The Penns & Kelly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
Let me preface this by saying I've had enough of this and intend this to me my last post this season as I go off on a break for a season of NRL.

I have been dumbfounded by those criticising Kelly and the Penns. I can only assume you have an agenda when one considers the facts. The Penns effectively had no say in the management of the club whilst the Quantum faction with the football club voted as a bloc. The facts are that had the Penns had the control the following series of events would not have happened and we would be in a different place now to what we are.
Had the Penns had control:
1. Des Hasler would not have left the club.
2. Gifty would have been re-signed.
3. Watmough would not have left.
4. DCE would have been allowed to walk just like Hodkinson was allowed to walk.
5. Foran would have been re-signed.

We would have brought through another developing half and they would have done a great job. As it stands now the damage was done when they let Hasler go. Had they not dumped Gift we would be good today. My only criticism of Tooves is that he didn't fight hard enough for Gift. He was instructed by the Board to let Gifty go. Most of us would do what our Directors instruct us to do, but I bet Hasler would have fought tooth and Nail and he would have been retained.

Penn has had control for what 4 months???? Since then he has brought in a well respect CEO in Kelly, added resources to the football operations and progressed the development of Brookie far more than I imagined. Make no bones about it, Kelly is a great CEO, probably the best in the League. He and Penn have been trying to pick up the pieces, but the truth is that DCE was always going to the highest bidder and Foran was lost due to the departure of Gift and Watmough. There was little they could have done that they didn't do. So to those that are carrying on about the Penns and Kelly, wake up to yourselves and look at the facts.

See you in season 2016 when hopefully we only have players here that want to be here.

Let me preface this by saying I've had enough of this and intend this to me my last post this season as I go off on a break for a season of NRL.

I have been dumbfounded by those criticising Kelly and the Penns. I can only assume you have an agenda when one considers the facts. The Penns effectively had no say in the management of the club whilst the Quantum faction with the football club voted as a bloc. The facts are that had the Penns had the control the following series of events would not have happened and we would be in a different place now to what we are.
Had the Penns had control:
1. Des Hasler would not have left the club.
2. Gifty would have been re-signed.
3. Watmough would not have left.
4. DCE would have been allowed to walk just like Hodkinson was allowed to walk.
5. Foran would have been re-signed.

We would have brought through another developing half and they would have done a great job. As it stands now the damage was done when they let Hasler go. Had they not dumped Gift we would be good today. My only criticism of Tooves is that he didn't fight hard enough for Gift. He was instructed by the Board to let Gifty go. Most of us would do what our Directors instruct us to do, but I bet Hasler would have fought tooth and Nail and he would have been retained.

Penn has had control for what 4 months???? Since then he has brought in a well respect CEO in Kelly, added resources to the football operations and progressed the development of Brookie far more than I imagined. Make no bones about it, Kelly is a great CEO, probably the best in the League. He and Penn have been trying to pick up the pieces, but the truth is that DCE was always going to the highest bidder and Foran was lost due to the departure of Gift and Watmough. There was little they could have done that they didn't do. So to those that are carrying on about the Penns and Kelly, wake up to yourselves and look at the facts.

See you in season 2016 when hopefully we only have players here that want to be here.

I don't support them I support Manly frankly I couldn't give a **** who owns the club I just want us 2 have a stronger roster than we have today.

Nothing has really happened since they took over that warrants them getting my support yet.

We still have leaks out of the club, we have an abrasive CEO and all reports that they players haven't really taken too. We have lost one, maybe both halves. Kaspersky sponsorship isn't sorted beyond this year. Tooves doesn't seem to be getting the support he deserves and needs and we don't look like the confident, happy and United playing group and club you need to be to achieve success.

I'm prepared to give them time, as it would appear the wounds were there before they took over. But let's face it, there has been not much good news coming out of manly since they took over and good leadership would not let this happen. They need to give us some faith to believe in them, I'm not talking about rash recruitment decisions, I'm talking about a clear and concise vision for the direction of our club, now that it looks like the original plan of keeping cherry and foz hasn't worked out.

I am with Raplhie top post!

Good post @Ralphie and really sorry to hear you are leaving ST.

I agree with most you posted here, except for the part regarding Ha$ler. I had heaps of inside knowledge back in those days and whilst Penn may have wanted him, he also agreed and acknowledged that De$ was a control freak with way too much power, I don't believe he'd still be here even with total control by the Penns.

Hope you decide to return but if not, enjoy the holiday.

I imagine we are all feeling how Penrith fans felt 4 years ago when they started culling club legends, Gould was making some tough calls, and made everyone drink Oak milk.

Given time, I believe this changing of the guard will make us stronger. Let's get the back office right, a refreshed team, and we can build a new decade of dominance.

I'm disappointed with some players leaving etc, but excited for what the future holds for this great club.

As an aside, I have been taking a mental note on every prick at work who has chimed in with their two cents worth on manly this year so far. All these fly by the nighters with sudden superiority complexes is starting to Piss me off. They will get theirs....:devil:

The " Talking Bulldogs " radio show on 2SM have just mentioned there is a apparently a meeting of the Manly board in the next couple of days....is this a normal scheduled one or are they throwing fuel on the fire ???

If Foran leaves which seems to be almost certain though he has a bit to answer for.

With DCE going to the highest bidder we could have bid more for him if we knew what Foran was doing. If Foran doesn't believe the club is right for him then why string it out 6 months so that we lose the chance of retaining DCE.

I am not suggesting what DCE did was right/ethical/loyal etc however if we knew what Foran was doing a few months ago then we could have at least made other plans.

Having them both of at the same time was always fraught with danger. They should've offered them both an extension and upgrade years ago and given it to the first one who accepted. Would've got them off contract in different years and been able to focus on one at a time.

I love and will always love the club, but We've stuffed up in so many ways recently.

The " Talking Bulldogs " radio show on 2SM have just mentioned there is a apparently a meeting of the Manly board in the next couple of days....is this a normal scheduled one or are they throwing fuel on the fire ???
Normal board meeting I think you'll find. I was talking to Vidmar in January and he said they have them monthly about the middle of the month.

G'day all,So what you're basically saying is that the Qantum side were the bad guys who had no interest in the well being or best interest of the club at heart and that the Penn side is the good guys who can do no wrong.I 've always been told that there are two sides to an argument.I don't have any real idea as to the machinations of our boardroom squabbles other than what I've read on here but to suggest that one side is totally to blame for our current imbroglio defies credibility to me.
As an interesting aside didn't Kaspersky offer to buy out the Penn shareholding?Is it also true that Kaspersky will no longer be involved as a major sponsor at the conclusion of the current deal?If so lets hope that our new C.E.O. and board are as great as you say and can arrange an even better sponsorship regime.
cheers mike

Maybe that's why they get all emotional .

Ha good one !!

Let's face it Scott Penn & Joe Kelly now run the club, these meetings are just " procedural" , although I imagine they would all be venting their thoughts in a private way.

G'day all,So what you're basically saying is that the Qantum side were the bad guys who had no interest in the well being or best interest of the club at heart and that the Penn side is the good guys who can do no wrong.I 've always been told that there are two sides to an argument.I don't have any real idea as to the machinations of our boardroom squabbles other than what I've read on here but to suggest that one side is totally to blame for our current imbroglio defies credibility to me.
As an interesting aside didn't Kaspersky offer to buy out the Penn shareholding?Is it also true that Kaspersky will no longer be involved as a major sponsor at the conclusion of the current deal?If so lets hope that our new C.E.O. and board are as great as you say and can arrange an even better sponsorship regime.
cheers mike
Mike always two sides, except for those on here with Rose coloured glasses.

BUT, as I have said before , the Penns won the war, so all hail the Penn's and lets go kick some butt!

cheers mike
No, we just all know that Quantum were broke.

If Foran leaves which seems to be almost certain though he has a bit to answer for.

With DCE going to the highest bidder we could have bid more for him if we knew what Foran was doing. If Foran doesn't believe the club is right for him then why string it out 6 months so that we lose the chance of retaining DCE.

I am not suggesting what DCE did was right/ethical/loyal etc however if we knew what Foran was doing a few months ago then we could have at least made other plans.
**** DCE.!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4