I see real issues.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is now the Gerry Anderson of the coaching world.

Come to think of it, Trent does look a bit like an amalgam of Mike Mercury, Troy Tempest, Scott and Virgil Tracy and especially Captain Scarlet.
I always thought Jamie Lyon looked a bit like Captain Scarlet...and there is definitely a touch of the Steve Zodiac about Tom Trbojevic.

Last edited:
I think it is understandable that John Cartwright has an 'eye on the Panthers' as his son plays for them...and Bryce is playing very well. I watched the Penny panthers last night and enjoyed watching them play. Unfortunately they just missed out on the win.
Bryce isn't the son of John.so you had better change that story . LOL

On paper, there is an excellent 1st grade team spread across the Nsw cup and 1st grade line-ups.

I always thought Jamie Lyon looked a bit like Captain Scarlet...and there is definitely a touch of the Steve Zodiac about Tom Trbojevic.
Ah yes, Fireball XL-5. He was blond, that's why I wasn't thinking of that particular puppet when discussing the Trentster.

Come to think of it, Nate Myles looks a bit like the good captain too.

Ah yes, Fireball XL-5. He was blond, that's why I wasn't thinking of that particular puppet when discussing the Trentster...

a
a225d7a622d6b28c17fc7622350f5eda
index_image032.jpg

Separated at birth?

Mate I think Koroisau is a terrific buy proved it in round 1 with his excellent defence and will be one of our best this season. Lussick played well on Friday but is ill disciplined and cost us a lot of opportunities. Myles is already our Best Buy from what he has given Jake and the other young forwards. He will come good, just needs time to find his feet. As does everyone else. Would you rather walker or hiku? Well this is why hiku was released so we could have the best young back in the comp. Hiku is good but not great. Who cares if carty says he rather be at Penrith, I'd rather be a Titans supporter at the moment. Even GI would probaly rather be at storm it's just how it goes. I love the manly now even though there not a team that's been together for years. They are a team of the future, walker, Trbojevic bros, knight, Koroisau are all future stars of the game and the future of our club, it's going to take time for us to play great footy for now just show patience, the wins will come.
Goods point agree with all above. Think this type of post is getting a little old and its only rd 1

She'll be apples!

Just gotta work a few kinks out. Too much talent there to be a bad team.

Faith and patience (dare I say) feathered friend!
I agree 100% on the playing talent side of the equation. The same cannot be said for the coaching ranks. Someone sign Ivan Cleary urgently.

Hi Sea Eagles Supporters,

I am 30 plus year supporter of Manly. I would like to hear fellow supporters thoughts on the current state of play at the club. I dont want to sound negative as it is only round 1, however I must say that there are some worrying signs. Firstly, why did Manly sign Nate Myles? Was it done to secure Cherry-Evans? Because outside of that outstanding QLD side, he has not been a terribly successful club player. Secondly, why were Koroisau and Lussick brought in? The former did not assert himself greatly at either the Rabbitohs or the Panthers, with the latter being ill disciplined and lacking a real work ethic. Thirdly, Why is Tom Symonds not the starting 1st grade lock? and what could possibly have possessed Manly to release Peta Hiku? I am confused. I also believe that Jamie Lyon needs to put the team first, and move into the halves.

It seems that there is no real 'maroon and white' left at Manly these days. I saw John Cartwright on Fox Sports and while it was just on his part, he did say that he still 'has an eye on Penrith'. Again not a huge issue, however did any of us ever hear Hasler say that he still had an eye on the Panthers where he started? Or David Penna saying that he still had an eye on the Eels? No. I fear that too much power has been handed to Fulton. While he was a tremendous player for the club, he did defect to the Roosters in 1977, yet he has a stand named in his honour at Brookvale. I dont recall Geoff Toovey ever defecting anywhere? I like Trent Barrett but must say that I fear that when a coach is so heavily endorsed by a conspiring saboteur like Zorba Peters, it is concerning.

I am disheartened that so much of Manly has been torn away. The only pleasing sign so far has been the return of Brenton Lawrence. I welome your thoughts...

The Bulldogs wanted our culture and I think they finally have it. When was the last time we beat them? We have become a team of over-priced mercenaries, kind of like where they were 5/6 years ago. And the ones that have been here for years and should know better have been the biggest sooks. I still can't believe Matai and Stewart are still here the way they carried on with Watmough and Foran, but we Manly fans have short memories. Stewart and Matai should take a lot of responsibility for Toovey's demise - a true Manly legend. I am surprised they have not copped more stick from fans on here. The Manly fans I know off this site reckon they should have been pissed off years ago...

The real joke is where ballin ended up
Shafted for his loyalty.

Manly has form though in bringing out the best of other teams discards. But the culture has changed cause the staff has changed. Time will tell. The boys just need a good game together.

The Bulldogs wanted our culture and I think they finally have it. When was the last time we beat them? We have become a team of over-priced mercenaries, kind of like where they were 5/6 years ago. And the ones that have been here for years and should know better have been the biggest sooks. I still can't believe Matai and Stewart are still here the way they carried on with Watmough and Foran, but we Manly fans have short memories. Stewart and Matai should take a lot of responsibility for Toovey's demise - a true Manly legend. I am surprised they have not copped more stick from fans on here. The Manly fans I know off this site reckon they should have been pissed off years ago...
I've mentioned that re: Stewart before.

He gets a rails run on here and yet he has been in cahoots with Peters for years. Partly I think because of the latter's sloppy detective work over the 2009 season launch and the subsequent wash up, which helped land Stewart with that four game suspension.

I think Peters has bent over backwards to support Stewart, and his family, ever since. And at times that might have been at variance with the greater good of the organisation.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4