I need some test rats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yup that one is in California

The bandwidth costs are ridiculous in Australia so we get half the bandwidth and limited to 10mbps which is an issue in busy times as the connection choked up.

So want to see value for the us server.

If some Aussies can use the same file download link but with the new ip that would be great

Dan said:
Yup that one is in California

The bandwidth costs are ridiculous in Australia so we get half the bandwidth and limited to 10mbps which is an issue in busy times as the connection choked up.

So want to see value for the us server.

If some Aussies can use the same file download link but with the new ip that would be great

Since being 'here' I noticed that as well. Anything electronic based is much much cheaper, as is electricity, cars, food, alcohomol, etc.

Dan said:
Can i ask for the same tests to be run with the IP

Just determining difference between a US based server and Brisbane, based on network latency and speeds

This is 4 times slower than the 38ms from yesterday.:s

4 Packets min=173ms max=230ms ave=194ms

HappilyManly said:
Dan said:

Just determining difference between a US based server and Brisbane, based on network latency and speeds

Yup latency in response is tolerable as long as overall download is ok. Can you try downloading the 100mb file from 67.20.55.14?

10mbps is such a narrow bandwidth for the traffic we get and I'm worried more about that than the original ping rate

Dan said:
HappilyManly said:
Dan said:

Yup latency in response is tolerable as long as overall download is ok. Can you try downloading the 100mb file from 67.20.55.14?

10mbps is such a narrow bandwidth for the traffic we get and I'm worried more about that than the original ping rate

Can you send me the command - is it fget - its been a while since I did these fun things :D

Just http is fine

http://67.20.55.14/test100.zip

(Ps it's wget)

But http is better it gives me a truer idea of the speeds people will get with browser overheads

Ok too much latency. Lightening fast for me but you get that on a 120mbps connection ;)

Think I'll take a 6 month punt on the Brisbane server and deal with the slowness from my end

Dan said:
Ok too much latency. Lightening fast for me but you get that on a 120mbps connection ;)

Think I'll take a 6 month punt on the Brisbane server and deal with the slowness from my end

boo!

since when was anything from qld remotely up to date?

Didn't TPG takeover Pipe Networks who laid some new submarine cables via Guam?

We are screwed in Oz with speed and costs for data :mad:

The issue is bamdwidth costs. Australia has 3rd world internet, it's ridiculous so to make it affordable they have to limit bandwidth and network output speeds,

Sucks but such is life.

@glabaleagle the superior internet speeds we get should really overcome any latency issues that are caused by Australia. I'm sure you are sitting on a 100mbps or more connection even in your ramshackle moose blind

Some more tests for you please

http://23.229.123.150/100mb.img

Started a couple of times but don't really know how to do this ... if you need more feedback more detailed instructions required!

Just download the file and tell me how long it takes and I can make some rough estimates from there

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4