I love Wayne

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Sometimes I love the way Wayne Bennett treats the media; with the contempt they deserve.

Asked about his decision on Sunday, Bennett replied: "I can't answer that for you. I don't know.

"Well, I do know, but I just don't want to share it with you."

Asked if that suggested an announcement would be made soon, he replied: "Suggests nothing."

But he did say the mass of speculation in the media was not affecting him.

"I don't write it and I don't read it, so how does it impact on me? It doesn't," he said.

"It's my decision. If you all stop trying to tell me what I should be doing and what I'm supposed to be doing, then I might make it a lot quicker."

He trips himself up a touch in this one though haha

He says he has made his decision then in the last lines says that he hasn't

Please that wasn't a mistake it was calculated. The guy loves media attention. Gorden Tallis put it best saying Bennett is as big a media whore as Wendell Sailor, he just does it a diffierent way. There is 2 ways to get attention, one is to constantly talk like Wendell and the other is to give them nothing and pretend to ignore them like Bennett.

He now has the reputation, and expectation, that wherever he goes the club will win the comp. He's good - but surely no-one is that good!

The Who said:
He now has the reputation, and expectation, that wherever he goes the club will win the comp. He's good - but surely no-one is that good!

He is not that good really.

21 Years at the Ponies and only 6 Premierships?

28.5% success rate

Whilst i acknowledge his coaching ability, I have to say I can't stand the blokes smug attitude. Reminds me of a funeral director.

Good on wayne, it's nobody business but his
And his family. Good luck to him wherever he
Goes.

He has never said he is good. Players play for him Like Bellamy.

It's all media hype. Awesome quote: I know where I am going but telling you, haha

ABC has just announced that Bennett will be holding media conference at 1pm today to say that he'll be coaching the Newcastle Knights

abcgrandstand
Wayne Bennett agrees to four-year deal with Knights - announcement due 1:00pm AEST #nrl

so Tinkler got his man, nice payday for Bennett coming up

Money talks hey Wayne ? suppose the unlimited use of a tinkler private jet was part of the deal to keep you closer to family with the $10million dollar cheque

I have a great deal of respect for Wayne Bennet's coaching, although in saying that he's never had a "nufty" team he's always had a side of superstars to coach BUT fair dinkum he comes out while ago and says" it's not about the money it's about the challenge"

BULL****!!!

It's ONLY about the money....8 to 10 Million in 4 years, private jets etc etc.

Look I dont blame him, but just come and say " this is my last contract I have to take the best one to ensure my kids are taken care of when my wife and I are no longer here to do so"...not one person would blame him!

But now he just looks like the mercenary that he really is....oh and I suppose the "love child" will follow him as well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Not the bloody Red & Blue.

Bennett is a legend, and I thought a pretty smart guy, until he chose to go with the Knights.

Naa, it'll be good for the entire Hunter region actually, as much as it pains me to see the imminent improvement of the Knights on the rugby league field in the coming few years, Bennett in Newie will be a good thing for a massive footy-loving region in country NSW.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Mark from Brisbane said:
I have a great deal of respect for Wayne Bennet's coaching, although in saying that he's never had a "nufty" team he's always had a side of superstars to coach BUT fair dinkum he comes out while ago and says" it's not about the money it's about the challenge"

BULL****!!!

It's ONLY about the money....8 to 10 Million in 4 years, private jets etc etc.

Look I dont blame him, but just come and say " this is my last contract I have to take the best one to ensure my kids are taken care of when my wife and I are no longer here to do so"...not one person would blame him!

But now he just looks like the mercenary that he really is....oh and I suppose the "love child" will follow him as well.
I don't agree for one simple reason: namely, what makes you think Crowe didn't offer a similar amount of money and fringe benefits?

Bennett has got himself into the enviable position where he is in high demand. He could pick his favoured project/home knowing he'd be paid a motza whichever way he went.

I just don't like the man.I don't like gai waterhouse,and I think bart cummings is boring as bat ****.How do I get around that-when they're on TV or radio,I turn it off,change channels,or turn it down.

Not a big fan but he does get the best out of his players. He will go close to winning a premeirship there with the juniors coming through.
The reason he hates the media was to do with a article written about his son which was pretty bad.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2