I like what the club is doing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
It's good to the club working furiously on getting closure on many of the things on the players minds. Just in the last week we have heard about:

Lawrence close to signing
T-Red close to signing
Kingy retirement announcement/judiciary challenge
Watmough free to shop
Efforts to get Gift to play at Brookie Sunday
Forans gag order (obvious on the Sunday footy show)

These are very important developments. I'm sure the Manly club knows of the uncertainties around the team playing on their minds. You can see they are trying to give closure to as many players as possible during this extended period between games in whatever way necessary to get them buzzing again and ready to bond together and refocus on winning the premiership this year.

I personally thinks it's awesome and I'm expecting a physically fresh and mentally locked in Manly starting Sunday. I think the extended break between games came at a perfect time.

NYEagle

I agree that the long break has come at the right time. They should be rested, well trained for the opposition & very hungry for the win. If not heaven help them especially on here.

mickqld said:
I agree that the long break has come at the right time. They should be rested, well trained for the opposition & very hungry for the win. If not heaven help them especially on here.

Well I won't be calling you negative if they lose Sunday. I'll be worse than you and you'll be calling me overly negative!.

It's a mute point anyway, I expect a big win.

NYEagle

NYEagle said:
mickqld said:

Well I won't be calling you negative if they lose Sunday. I'll be worse than you and you'll be calling me overly negative!.

It's a mute point anyway, I expect a big win.

NYEagle

It's my job to be negative...LOL. Heaven help us if I ever become positive on us.:D

It worries me how close Sterling & Foran are, Sterlo says that Foran is his favourite player.
Hope I'm wrong, Foran to the Slime, nightmare!

eagle40 said:
It worries me how close Sterling & Foran are, Sterlo says that Foran is his favourite player.

me too. He seems to get a lot of offers for the Sterlo, and the Sunday Footy show. He also came out and publicly professed his love for Brad Arthur. I get the feeling it's on the cards.

Snake said:
eagle40 said:

me too. He seems to get a lot of offers for the Sterlo, and the Sunday Footy show. He also came out and publicly professed his love for Brad Arthur. I get the feeling it's on the cards.

Don't go there Fozzy, it's just a vindictive Sneaky Pete trying to balance up for Eels losing Killer.:p

Snake said:
eagle40 said:

Foran's closest mate is reportedly Mitchell Pearce. His mum was close to the Roosters recruiter. But Foz didnt join the Roosters. Foz was also very close to Dessie. But he didnt join the Dogs. I think also you'll find that he will soon also be wearing the captaincy of the Sea Eagles, when Lyon calls it a day.

For mine I think Foran doesnt make decisions based on mateship or adulation of coaches but rather on where he feels best placed. He likes playing alongside DCE, even though they arent apparently close, because he can see the benefit in his play. And I think he enjoys playing for the Sea Eagles and within the secure and effective coaching structure they have, otherwise he would have left during their recent crises. He's no fool.

I think you'll find he'll stay put as long as the money remains in the ball park of what's offered elsewhere.

I just hope regardless of the quality of the player, the club flushes all the cancer out at the end of the season. Im at a point where I don't care who anymore.

Id rather support a team that comes 16th, but loves the fans, each other, but most importantly the club, than a team that comes 1st, and is full of self indulgent pricks.

Thats really harsh, but it is, what it is. I go for our team because its my demogaphic, and because of you guys, and what the club used to stand for, being the die for the jersey mentality.

Ryan said:
I just hope regardless of the quality of the player, the club flushes all the cancer out at the end of the season. Im at a point where I don't care who anymore.

Id rather support a team that comes 16th, but loves the fans, each other, but most importantly the club, than a team that comes 1st, and is full of self indulgent pricks.

Thats really harsh, but it is, what it is. I go for our team because its my demogaphic, and because of you guys, and what the club used to stand for, being the die for the jersey mentality.

Ryan, we have never won a spoon, and we are not going to start next year.

Ryan said:

I doubt a team of self indulgent pricks would be coming first

Ryan said:

This is why I don't post much anymore.

Yes, we won GF's and have been successful for a decade but after we do something spectacular it is the followed by controversy whether it be players leaving, coaching and staff leaving, boardroom brawls, off field dramas and so on. For the fans it leaves an empty feeling and I am a bit sick of it.

If we happen to win this years GF we will have little time to celebrate before 3 or 4 top players decide whether to jump ship or not.

I'll always love and support Manly, but it would be nice to celebrate a successful season.

Can we travel back in time to 2008? I really, really didn't celebrate that GF win enough at the time :(

swoop said:
Ryan said:

This is why I don't post much anymore.

Yes, we won GF's and have been successful for a decade but after we do something spectacular it is the followed by controversy whether it be players leaving, coaching and staff leaving, boardroom brawls, off field dramas and so on. For the fans it leaves an empty feeling and I am a bit sick of it.

If we happen to win this years GF we will have little time to celebrate before 3 or 4 top players decide whether to jump ship or not.

I'll always love and support Manly, but it would be nice to celebrate a successful season.

Couldn't have said it any better mate.

Reading over this thread, it just sounds like the success has made the fans a little spoiled.

The final 40 minutes of the 2008 season, especially after how soul crushing the 2007 GF was, just obliterating Melbourne, plus Beaver's piroutte, Ox beating the knockers, FORTY NIL, all of it - means I'm pretty content (even 6 years on). 2011 was a bit of extra icing on the cake but Manly fans shouldn't really complain. 10 years of finals, 4 GF's, 2 wins - not a bad trot. How'd the whinging be if we were Parra or even worse, Soufs*?!?

*wont kick the Sharks while they're down

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4