1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate the Bullpups!!

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by MK Eagle, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Recently theres been a massive hate against Storm - mainly because with Manly they have been our biggest rivals & with some help from the infamous 2nd book + inventive illegal cheats.
    There is a new contender who has also tinkered with the cap , has inarguably the grubbiest supporters on the planet , smug underhanded board members & overrated, overpaid players. They also try to replicate the Seaeagles success not by practising the Manly method of dedication , hard work & good ethics but by attempting to underhandedly lure players on the back of stealing the coach mid season with an almighty carrot. As a youngster in the 80's I at least respected the tough uncomprimising Dog foward pack but these days the intimidation is long gone & they just make me sick - if it looks like a dog & smells like a dog .............

2. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    Nope still hate the Storm but Dogs have moved up to 3 for me behind Parra

3. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,743 / 57
    LOL with the good ethics. You weren't around when we poached coach Bozo plus Boustead,Cleal,McCabe,Barkley from the Rorters or when we poached Boyd,Dorahy,Brown,Ribot from Wests.

4. bones

bones Bones Knows Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +8,999 / 102
    Dogs are now most hated for me, then Storm, then lol@Souths.

5. Andrew..

Andrew.. Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Alstonville
    Ratings:
    +1,902 / 27
    I never had one particular team I despised above all others but now it's all changed. It's not because they have our recent coach, it's the smug attitude that gets up my nose.
    Does anyone else feel as though they are media darlings ? Also is it just my imagination or was he Hasler at Manly and Des at the Bulldogs.

6. SeaEagle007

SeaEagle007 Well-Known Member

Eagle Vale, Campbelltown
    Ratings:
    +247 / 14
    DOGS First , then all the teams that joined superleague Second!! I still respect all the the teams that were aligned with the ARL.

7. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,654 / 14
    Parramatta initially, from the great clashes of the 80's.
    Then for a lot of years it was Drugcastle from 97 that I despised the most. (and this still hurts)
    Then obviously the Storm.
    I think the past five weeks has been all our own doing and could have been sorted in house.
    I don't blame the Bulldogs for being proactive and getting on the front front. I think it probably highlighted our inemptness (word??spelling??) and good luck to them.
    Hopefully from this we have learnt a lesson and can now move forward under Tooves.
    1) Parra
    2) Storm
    3) Bulldogs
    Souths very close 4th

8. mosto

mosto Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +992 / 10
    Interesting thing for a supposed Manly fan to bring up. I guess you subcribe to the theory of the non-Manly morons that if Manly buys players they're just rich a***oles trying to buy a comp, but if any other club does it it's just good business

9. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    The Bronco's top my list but I guess that may have something to do with the media exposure they get up here.

10. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    In no particular order, the teams i hate are

St Choke
    Newcastle
    Storm
    Parra
    Broncos
    Cowboys
    Titans
    Raiders
    Dogs
    Eels
    Panthers
    Tigers
    Sharks
    Roosters
    Bunnies

11. quinny

quinny Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Sure we waived our fat cheque book around, and Bozo was a favourite son returning home. Different strokes in my opinion.
    Ethics is something the club had plenty of with Arko in charge. He didn't get his reputation for bad ethics or underming another clubs whole management.
    He simply made offers they could not refuse.
    I don't blame Des for doing similar-it's the destructive way he wanted to leave, turning staff against each other and even supporters (as on this very forum)
    That will be HIS legacy....unfortunately

12. Peter C

Peter C Well-Known Member

Sydney
    Ratings:
    +741 / 16
    Sorry mickqld, disagree with you here,all of those players and Fulton were all OFF contract at the end of THAT year, no one had clauses to break existing contracts and follow Fulton.

13. MK Eagle

MK Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +247 / 0
    Disagree also Mick without apology - theres more than the backdoor poaching - the Bulldogs club has a vulgar feel from the fans thru to the front office. The Seaeagles have always maintained integrity & honour in tough times & in the good times.
    These Dogs guys eat their own & if you look at the Hasler situation he would still have the reins at Manly if he chose too, even though circumstances were not perfect. At this hypocritical Bulldogs family club the so called legends are burned at the stake every time the going gets tough - I was around for these ethics.

14. Brissie Kid

Brissie Kid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +827 / 10
    Good ethics? Manly didn't poach those players from a grand final winning team a week after they won and thus destroy commerical gains that winning a grand final should deliver a club.

The Dogs can buy whoever they want, I don't care. The unethical part is that the Dogs wrecked Manly's chances of making good merchandise and new sponsorship money over the summer from winning the grand final.

If any other NRL club had seen its grand final aftermath wrecked by another club the media and NRL would have been all over it. Instead, so far all I've seen is Manly portrayed as incompetent fools and the Dogs as smart movers.

It is the lowest of lows what the Dogs did by announcing Des as 2013 coach a week after the grand final. It was all done to get Des to the Dogs in 2012 and to hell with what damage that did to Manly in the mean time.

15. 1947

1947 Active Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    Hi everyone I am a new member on this site but longtime Manly supporter - so thought I would join up.

For me dislike: Dogs & Storm = followed by Parramatta & Souths :p

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Given your user name its probably best if we all invoke the John Cleese adage of "dont mention the war".

Welcome 1947.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kingoftherodeo

kingoftherodeo Active Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 7
    Time for eagles to release our book of feuds ; ) I'd buy it!

18. Earnie the Eagle

Earnie the Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +359 / 16
    This is the dogs anti Manly chant here, thought about putting it here but you can read it yourself along with other teams, talk about low.

http://www.bulldogsarmy.com/chants.html

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I'm sure the stadium will be shaking from all five or so of them that actually make any noise. Their supporters are much like the Dragons - more flags than people.

As for the morals question, I'm with Mick. Of all clubs we can hardly cry foul when someone else comes in & tries to poach our players. However, the Bulldogs are no better in that respect, it's just that their supporters are idiots & don't realise it.

Also, lol superleague scum.

20. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    Classy supporters, using the work rape in their chants.