1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate Billy Slater

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Chip and Chase, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Just thought I'd throw it out there.................

2. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I'd love to know what Orford found so amusing when congratulating Slater post-game.  Maybe he was suggesting it was a good thing we'd scored so few tries as it prevented Slater from sliding into our players feet first.

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Slater was exceptional tonight and showed us up.  He was in everything.  Brett needs another ten games to get back up to his silky best.  Next season I think.

4. piggyboy

piggyboy Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    have to agree with both C&C, and DSM5. I was at the game, and not only was he excellent, but got the crowd into the game whenever he touched the ball.

The one thing I enjoyed most was when Brett ran Slater down midway throughthe second half

5. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    His 3rd try should never have been as in my opinion, Cronk's pass to Johnson (at the 43:31 minute mark) leading up to the try was forward as Johnson caught the ball a good two sprinting paces ahead of where the ball was passed.

6. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    None of the calls went Manly's way tonight but we did not play well enough to deserve any. Slater was awesome and deserves every plaudit he gets. He is still a grub though!!!

7. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Agreed (especially the last bit).

8. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Slater was spectacular, one of the best broken field performances I have ever seen. He also was humble after the game.

Not much more to say, lets hope we don't see him again this year unless it is the GF.

NYEagle

9. bretta23

bretta23 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    how pathetic was that i hate billy and all those melbourne wankers what did the boys think this was just a nothing game the broncos will win then it only takes newcastle or parra to win and were gone and i bet it happens what a bunch of idiots.

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Why does it rain on the good and the bad? It makes me so angry that such an absolute dickhead has any talent at all.

If life was fair Orford would be a worldbeater and Slater and his mates would be loosing games somewhere in park football.

11. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    Theres only one billy slater
    With a packet of sweets and
    a cheeky smile
    Slater is a dirty peadophile :)

super song that :)
    (for comedy reasons only in no way do i think that grub slater has sex with kids because even they wouldnt root him)