I don't care about Hasler: Geoff Toovey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
CONSUMED with the task of getting Manly's stuttering premiership defence back on track, coach Geoff Toovey says he doesn't care about Des Hasler's highly anticipated return to Brookvale Oval on Friday night.

As Toovey's former mentor returns to the scene of his greatest triumph - and for Sea Eagles fans his greatest betrayal - the Manly coach has more immediate problems following another upset loss, this time 32-6 to the Knights in Newcastle on Saturday.
That defeat joins a list of surprise losses this season that includes Parramatta, Penrith and the Titans, highlighting the Sea Eagles' worrying inconsistency this year.
Manly can re-assert their premiership credentials in their round 20 match against the Bulldogs and, just as importantly for Sea Eagles fans, hurt Canterbury's minor premiership aspirations in the process. But Toovey is only interested in the former.
When asked about going head-to-head with Hasler for the first time on home turf Toovey replied: "I don't care to tell you the truth''.
When pressed further on the hype that is likely to build in the lead up to the game Toovey added: "I'm sure there will be''.
"Hopefully a few of our players will be back next week, they are up the top of the table Canterbury so our players will definitely be up for it. They are a quality side, we need to be on our game and prepare accordingly.''
Just as well the game will sell itself because Toovey's luke warm approach is sure to be matched by Hasler, who predictably played it low key ahead of the tough round eight clash won 12-10 by Manly.
The Sea Eagles are hopeful both Glenn and Brett Stewart, who missed the Newcastle match with injury, will be back to play Canterbury.
Likewise for Steve Matai, who was a late withdrawal and one of the worst affected by a flu which ripped through the Sea Eagles camp last week.
Despite the loss to the Knights the Sea Eagles' premiership hopes remain well and truly alive according to Newcastle coach Wayne Bennett.
"They came here with plenty of effort in their game it just went against them, it happens in the NRL,'' Bennett said.
"I would not write them off.''
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/i-dont-care-about-des-hasler-geoff-toovey/story-e6frexnr-1226426469812

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6