i cant believe it-i agree with gasnier

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
the 2nd try by the scum shouldn't have been awarded.
slater taking out gift stopped the other defenders from sliding which would have negated the overlap created by the interference inside.
the other commentators thought it was a try but to my surprise gaz agreed with me!

Yup whether he was 10m from the play or 30, slater taking out stewart took us from man on man to them having an overlap. It is a clear sign that the refs have no idea of defensive structure or the actual play of the game

Aww c'mon guys that was a major dive. I hear its a nomination for best supporting actor Oscar.

Correct decision.

I can't believe you understood anything Gasnier said.

No try for me though, especially after they called no try on the field.

Chip and Chase said:
I can't believe you understood anything Gasnier said.

No try for me though, especially after they called no try on the field.

Fair point. In the video refs defence it was a long way from where the try was scored but there's little doubt it affected Manly's ability to defend the situation. In my opinion it was no try.

But Slater was 10 metres in front of the ball. He charged Gift with no intention whatsoever of getting involved in the backline movement. It was a blatant no try. In fact, Slater should have got 10 minutes in the bin for a professional foul.
And why was Manly penalised when we tackled Slater and he lost the ball?
Being at the game you don;t see everything. Perhaps it was clearer on TV.

Yet another reason why video refs HAVE to go. One man needs to be accountable for these decisions - the ref on the field. Spreading decisions across ever increasing committees just makes no-one accountable and increases the likelihood of bias making decisions.

Please tell me the video refs DO NOT hear the commentators.

Based on what i have seen this year that should have been called a no try.

Gift had a potential to affect the play.

Fortunately we won.

Luke Patton (ex bulldogs player) in the vid ref's box.

Try result therefore explained.

in the press conference toovey was asked "do you have an opinion about the melbourne try?"
his response "i do but i'm not allowed to say anything. but i'm sure you'll write something"

NYEagle said:
Aww c'mon guys that was a major dive. I hear its a nomination for best supporting actor Oscar.

Correct decision.

I concur. Gift could have held his feet and moved right, to stop DCE and Lyon being forced to cover their inside.

The VRs made the correct decision based on this innocuous contact prior to the resultant defensive readjustment.

A good time to find out that diving will be a bit factor in not getting the decision you're playing for.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6