I can't believe it hasn't been said,!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
How good was it to have a fullback with number 1 on his back. There were a few times that I saw a ball put through and thought "**** I hope we get to that" and hopper was right there.

He is a fullback wrap him up and put him in reserves. He ain't Brett Stewart but he could be close

Didn't he wear 19 ? He was solid enough, but would still prefer Farrar.

the thing is I didn't even notice Farrar was gone! To be fair to Farrar, Hoppa has always played fullback whereas Farrar has taken a new role. Yet Hoppa just looked comfortable there. Even though Hoppa is injured he looked great. That run thru the middle was Stewartish.

"That run thru the middle was Stewartish."

Settle down mate, that was just a good ball. By the way Stewart or Farrar probably would have scored off it anyway. 

Yes c&c but what I meant was a fullback in the fullback position.

Farrar adds an extra ball playing option.

However hoppa runs a good line as a decoy or an option. If the ball had gone to him instead of Lyon for the first try he would have gone over for his first try.

Defensively he was in the right spot every time and I wasn't worried once about any of the kicks that went towards him and early in the second half when inglis was tackled on the line it was hoppa's positioning that went a long way to stopping him.

I like farrar but having a real fullback is so much better and we still scored plenty with a different attacking structure

Hoppa jr did very well last night. He certainly looks the goods.
However, I agree with others and would stick with Farrar for the moment.

Just depends on his injury. He definatly looked to be carrying his left leg last night, especially when he made that run.

Anyway Benny's out 4-6 weeks isn't he ?

I was very impressed with young Hoppa and if he was not fully fit then I guess he was even more impressive. Already he showed more than Robbo can at the back, and over the next few weeks it will be very interesting to see how he goes. It was good to see him in attack supporting around the ruck, and he also gave the assist for Matai's try.

Looked bloody good under the highball. I was a bit concerned that in the 20s game I watched he was a bit out of position and showed a lack of urgency at times, but last night I only saw that a couple of times which is good

He doesn't have the ability Farrar does in our set plays yet, but i wouldn't expect him too either

Must stay in the side regardless.

If we play into September the experience gained over the next 4 weeks will help no end.

Hoppa can play his part if we are to threaten for the title.

I would like to see Whare get another chance too over the next 4 weeks.

Yes he was definitely wearing the 19 on his back and was fantastic under the high ball. Unfortunately this is not one of Farrar's strong points. I'm kind of leaning toward retaining Hoppa in the run-on side.

I think Des "risk averse" Hasler needs to get some credit for taking a risk with Hoppa Jnr at fullback rather than go back to the Robbo option.

Utility Player link said:
I think Des \"risk averse\" Hasler needs to get some credit for taking a risk with Hoppa Jnr at fullback rather than go back to the Robbo option.

Des had no option

The only thing i negative i could think of about hoppa, was that he looked a little slow. Maybe because he was not fully fit?

great post Dan
I reckon he was under strict instructions to play a contained game
build his confidence
he could end up being a superstar
all he needs is some pace which I suspect he may have
and then some good coaching to get to read the game
its all good
Farrar has good attacking options but really suss under the bomb
fullbacks CAN"T be suss under bombs = period

Very promising display from Hoppa Jr.

I thought he looked pretty confident for a debutant in a high pressure position like fullback.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6