I Am Sick To Death Of All This SBW BS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** off to boring Union now. Don't want to see that mercenary prick in the Rugby League World cup at all.

Dean Ritchie wrote in today's paper that if he does go to Rugby Union, 'Rugby league fans would feel shattered'. Roosters fans maybe, but most RL fans wouldn't give a toss. I don't dislike SBW, but I want him to go back to Rugby.

bones said:
Dean Ritchie wrote in today's paper that if he does go to Rugby Union, 'Rugby league fans would feel shattered'. Roosters fans maybe, but most RL fans wouldn't give a toss. I don't dislike SBW, but I want him to go back to Rugby.

I dont hate him either, as a matter of fact he is one of the best players in the game right now.

But he is no better a player than Smith, Thurston, Lyon, Cronk, Gallen, Watmough, Burgess, Stewart, Slater, Inglis etc.

But I am sick of the hype and BS the media carry on with.

Sick of the greed and disrespect his shows to rugby league.

I don't understand why people think he is greedy or disrespectful ?? Is it because he only signs one year deals wherever he goes ?? If I'm being honest I actually admire that about him.

He is prepared to back himself and prove that he has every confidence in his ability that he will be able to get another contract at the end of each season. How many other players do you know that have the balls to play season to season and back themselves ? These days they all want long term deals, 3 + years, so they can get complacent and have some security if form drops or injury hits. SBW lives and dies on his ability, whatever sport he chooses. It may be mercenary like, but he is a professional sportsman so that's his lot. Loyalty as a sporting notion died years ago.

He gets overhyped by the Channel 9 muppets, but that is because he is obviously on a 3rd party deal through Gyngell and we all know Nein won't miss a chance to cross promote one of their "products". I wouldn't say he is the standout best player in the comp, but only bitter people would deny that he is not one of the top 5 players in the game. He single handedly won that GF for the Roosters last week, he doesn't play - we win.

Chip and Chase said:
I don't understand why people think he is greedy or disrespectful ?? Is it because he only signs one year deals wherever he goes ?? If I'm being honest I actually admire that about him.

He is prepared to back himself and prove that he has every confidence in his ability that he will be able to get another contract at the end of each season. How many other players do you know that have the balls to play season to season and back themselves ? These days they all want long term deals, 3 + years, so they can get complacent and have some security if form drops or injury hits. SBW lives and dies on his ability, whatever sport he chooses. It may be mercenary like, but he is a professional sportsman so that's his lot. Loyalty as a sporting notion died years ago.

He gets overhyped by the Channel 9 muppets, but that is because he is obviously on a 3rd party deal through Gyngell and we all know Nein won't miss a chance to cross promote one of their "products". I wouldn't say he is the standout best player in the comp, but only bitter people would deny that he is not one of the top 5 players in the game. He single handedly won that GF for the Roosters last week, he doesn't play - we win.

That is without doubt the single most articulate and intelligent post I have ever read on a sporting forum. Period.

bob dylan said:
bones said:

I dont hate him either, as a matter of fact he is one of the best players in the game right now.

But he is no better a player than Smith, Thurston, Lyon, Cronk, Gallen, Watmough, Burgess, Stewart, Slater, Inglis etc.

But I am sick of the hype and BS the media carry on with.

Sick of the greed and disrespect his shows to rugby league.
I am with you guys,its because he see,s how desperate the league are in keeping him here,so he plays them,because they will do almost anything to keep him here in league,but the thing is,surely the roosters cant afford to keep him now,so there will be a few players offloaded to keep him.

Chip and Chase said:

agreed 100% C&C with everything you said.
I had that exact conversation with the bride during the week. SBW is prepared to back himself and his ability. He does an ACL and he doesn't get paid for 12 mths.
+, like you said, if he doesn't play last Sunday we win.

Latest news is he is staying with Roosters. Not sure on the length of deal but it is being reported he has knocked back Chiefs and NZRU.

Its all on again Next Year. Start saving up now for your GF tickets,

Manly V Roosters

Sunday, 5th October 2014,​

cause they may well be $500+ each. If you want a good view of the game, maybe $600. :-/

I have no real problem with SBW. My huge difficulty is with the NRL saying they'll do everything they can to keep SBW in the game. This does not mean 'in the game'. This mean 'at the Roosters'. If he is so good for Rugby League that the organisation running the game will go out of their way to make it financially worth his while, then that should come with a rider which says 'sure, we'll make sure you earn your millions, but that will have to be at Parra or Wests Tigers, teams that are struggling.'
Does anyone think for a moment that we'll get help from the NRL when it comes time to try to retain DCE? If Cherry puts up his hand and says I think I'd like to be a Wallaby, is the NRL going to swoop in and find third party deals to have him stay at Manly?
I think not.

I hope he does stay, would prefer to beat Bondi boys with him in the team & have no doubt Manly will do just that.
Agree about the double standards to keep him & they were doing the same with Inglis & were also attempting to do favours to bring back Falou, its like a special favour to the club involved & even if it was Manly its simply not fair on the other 15 teams.
Far as praising his form , he has had a great year in games I have seen , often proving the X factor including the GF against Manly.
The opportunity to shut the media circus up was in the GF & 1st half it was mission accomplished. The way he cut us up 2nd half after switching attacking zones he deserved recognition, if Choc had those 2 moments of magic I would have expected him to get the accolades as would most on here.

Money Bill, the name suits him well !!

Good luck to him, I have spent a lifetime working and saving for my retirement , he plays 28 games of footy, then a few World Cup games, fights some fella and in a year he gets what's taken me almost years to accumulate .

I am jealous !!!

But seriously who cares, I switched off to all things. " Roosters" about 930pm last Sunday night. Didn't buy a paper, didn't watch TV for about 3 days but admit I did get on here a little .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6