I am deleting yours posts in a minute [sic]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not quite sure what sic means, however to have a locked topic that some people can respond to while most cannot must be the ultimate in Silvertaildom.

The club(s) clearly have issues going forward, and I was quite surprised Dan that you decided to pull the pin here, I thought you were much less into censorship than that.

The problems for the club of course surround the fact that there are many 1000's of people who like the Sea Eagles but currently only a smaller number of millionaires prepared to pitch in with large $. Therefore the quandary between control being kept to the millionaire owners v. the need for a large and committed proletarian mass of concerned supporters.

Screaming Eagles minus any voting rights was always highly sus imo. The FC has a certain reputation (old boys club), nonetheless I joined a couple of years ago precisely because they have voting rights.

As Matabele succinctly expressed in the locked topic - FC and Screaming Eagles membership need to be combined.

Is this something we are not allowed to discuss - even in (our) off-season?

And how come you said you would delete the posts but you didn't?

Totally agree with these comments, no one should post after a topic is locked just poor form.

Sic means the mistakes are those of the original quote.

I agree about replying after a topic is locked though think it is due to cw and matas simply not realising it is locked.

To answer your post. I am not so much anti censorship as it's often avrequirement in many situations. My reasons for locking the topic are many. Amongst them that I don't wish this site to be a vehicle for anyone to push party agendas. Despite claims to the contrary the main combatants in this on going discussion are close to their side of the party and right or wrong their opinions may not be entirely their own.

I am happy for the site to assist with improving the team and it's continuence. However I am not happy for this site to be a place where each aide of the party can push their agenda through the voices they have available and above all I wish for this site to be completely independent.

I have never had any association with any official of the club and that in part has always been a large part of our success. I have my opinions and they are mine only. Not having any association has meant that I am free of any conscious or sub-conscious influence.

Of late I would say that you would have to agree that this site has seen some posts that have broken from the independence that we like to breed here. There is nothing wrong with this in general and I am not having a go at anyone, it's just there is a point where even I have to say enough is enough and it is clear that the argument won't be solved by the circular discussions we have seen and I can see no benefit for the members of the site in keeping them going and ultimately my concern is the members of this site and the site not the internal bickerings being made public

Excuse errors but typing on the iPhone is a bitch. The laptop is in the office and if I go in there I will start working through midnight again as I have been the past fortnight

Dan link said:
Excuse errors but typing on the iPhone is a bitch. The laptop is in the office and if I go in there I will start working through midnight again as I have been the past fortnight

I hear you, I've got to take this laptop out of the lounge room it does me no good for the same reason - I need to confine the computers to the office.

Up my boss essentially told me off for over working he doesn't want me ending up run down and sick. If I step in the office I will check my work email and that will be it I will be stuck there especially as the offices in emea and dc start winding up

Everyone knows Screaming Eagles and FC membership need to be combined, but you can see from some of the debate here in recent days it ain't gunna happen in th near future (and both FC and Club Management have their role to play in the impasse).

Hence Dan wants to keep the site free of meaningless debate. 

Spot on matas. Everyone knows the arguments

Sorry Dan - as the reply box came up on my screen I just replied without realising it was locked. Happy for you to delete any offending comment - or I will do so if you like. :)

Canteen Worker link said:
Sorry Dan - as the reply box came up on my screen I just replied without realising it was locked. Happy for you to delete any offending comment - or I will do so if you like. :)
  Don't blow byso's conspiracy theory of your Machiavellian intentions. 

Thanks Dan I am relatively new to the site but was curious.
Independence sounds like a worthy goal but, like censorship, tends to work in favour of one side, namely the status quo. And as for keeping the site free of meaningless debate – what will happen to all the Ox topics??!!!!  ;D

Cheers anyway

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=181799.msg243030#msg243030 date=1253625073]
  Don't blow byso's conspiracy theory of your Machiavellian intentions. 
[/quote]

thats rich coming from you :p

SeaEagleRock8 I agree however the site is in some danger of being a pinup board for all things each side wants aired. I am no fool even if I play it sometimes, and I am sure no-one wants to see this become just another meaningless forum for everyone to post their party line and I am sick of seeing people howled down personally for disagreeing with either side of the debate.

The forum here is all fun and games and people arguing about football is great, I am all for a certain freedom of speech, and so are the members.

I very rarely close, lock or delete posts and generally I don't take the decisions to do so lightly, I feel in the case of the post that this references I was more than justified and the agreeance that was received from several is testament to that

You could do something along those lines and allow Vidmar and co the right of reply and I will happily link to the blog.

you are both correct that the rank and file are getting a little weary of it.

I do realise that some people will want to debate it, so maybe another subforum for it may be another tack to take?

thats another good idea.

Maybe, i will help set up the debate blog or something.

Matabele link said:
Everyone knows Screaming Eagles and FC membership need to be combined, but you can see from some of the debate here in recent days it ain't gunna happen in th near future (and both FC and Club Management have their role to play in the impasse).

Does this mean no more DSM orford rants?

lsz link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181799.msg243020#msg243020 date=1253619789]

Does this mean no more DSM orford rants?
[/quote]

No not at all.

- Vidmar is closely alligned with the FC
- Matas and others have other allegiances and allignments

It's just a never ending argument full of conflict of interests. Niehter party will be turned to the others, like the god debate.

Orford debate is opinion of the people involved and exactly what this site is for.

I am moving this and the other post to the general forums

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4