Hypothetical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
For me a tie between: 1982 GF - I was kid & was at the game so I was shattered... 1995 GF - cause I hate the Dogs & we were the dominate force all season...

97 for me - I was meeting friends as the game was finishing and we were ahead when I parked the car. I entered the room punching the air to be met by the worst news.

Great topic Bones. I'll await the converse hypothetical topic: which GF win by Manly would you be willing to give up to save your life?

Very good question. All the GF's mentioned are painful for different reasons but i'll go with 1983. The great Phil Blake deserved a Premiership.

2012 GF qualifier
thought the 97 prelim final was worse when norths choked against the knights, but this game lol never felt so guttered as i was confident we'll win and have a chance of going b2b, even though we were scratchy throughout the year. Took me a few days to get over that loss. Played our worst game at the wrong time of the year lol

Mine would be 97, that was devastating, and Melbourne 2012, was at that game and was the worst feeling. I'll admit I cried when we lost. :(

95 - we was cheated
97 - we was cheated
07 - we was cheated

This leaves the parra match, however we was still cheated, the eels didn't donate their good juniors to us in the proceeding years.

1975 Prelim Final, beaten by Roosters 28-13 who dished up St Choke in the GF 38-0.

From those mentioned without a doubt 1982. The best team that year didn't win the premiership.

For me i would say 95 with ref's, the oppostion and it been a ARL V Super League GF with regards to the teams and who they were aligned with. As said earlier that mid 90's team doesn't get the attention it should as one of the great teams of that era and alot of that is down to only winning 1 premiership, if they had repeated or won mutiple times their standing outside of Manly fans would be a lot higher.

Also Bob did you mean 1983? Manly won the minor premiership that year by 8 points, 1982 they were 8 points behind Parra in the minor premiership and swaping spots on table. Manly did beat Parra 20-0 in the Prelim final in 82 though

Each of those results left a hole so its a tough 1 to call mate.
For mine that loss to Dogs 95 killed me in the sense we had been so f***ing dominant ALL year, plus they scored off a foward pass & 7th tackle & illegally took out Cliffy all day!! Fair game - ref seemed to miss it.
That Knights GF 97 was probably the worst in a photo finish as we lead all the way till THAT Albert try & it was an absolute heartbreaker.....thanks for bringing back horrible memories Bones!!! :p

Yeah thanks Bones. Now Im going to have to get back into therapy again due to 83, 95 & 97 memories. :p

MK Eagle said:
Each of those results left a hole so its a tough 1 to call mate.
For mine that loss to Dogs 95 killed me in the sense we had been so f***ing dominant ALL year, plus they scored off a foward pass & 7th tackle & illegally took out Cliffy all day!! Fair game - ref seemed to miss it.
That Knights GF 97 was probably the worst in a photo finish as we lead all the way till THAT Albert try & it was an absolute heartbreaker.....thanks for bringing back horrible memories Bones!!! :p

It was a draw heading for extra time, before Albert scores. Doesn't make the it hurt any less.

I realise the drug issue that blew up later, but I just can't deny the positive influence the Knights win had on League at the time, when it was in its lowest ebb. That the win is celebrated far more across the League community, ahead of the Broncos win in their own comp that year, is a good thing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6