Hypocritical Scumdogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Look, I can see where Raelene Castle is coming from with this because there is a flow on effect. Clubs like the GC would have sponsors ready to come on board simply because DCE, a Queenslander and future Aussie and Qld halfback, has signed with the club. If he does end up staying at Manly then its possible those sponsors could pull out as well.

But seriously, of all clubs to be asking for this the Scumdogs should be the last to ask for compensation.

IIRC they themselves have pulled out of contracts before the Round 13 deadline. Andrew Fifita being the most obvious example.

And they also have a history of enticing others to break contracts to join them. Three people that immediately spring to mind are Rod Silva, Sam Perrett and Des Hasler.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dogs-boss-raelene-castle-20150422-1mqvxd.html

Look, I can see where Raelene Castle is coming from with this because there is a flow on effect. Clubs like the GC would have sponsors ready to come on board simply because DCE, a Queenslander and future Aussie and Qld halfback, has signed with the club. If he does end up staying at Manly then its possible those sponsors could pull out as well.

But seriously, of all clubs to be asking for this the Scumdogs should be the last to ask for compensation.

IIRC they themselves have pulled out of contracts before the Round 13 deadline. Andrew Fifita being the most obvious example.

And they also have a history of enticing others to break contracts to join them. Three people that immediately spring to mind are Rod Silva, Sam Perrett and Des Hasler.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...dogs-boss-raelene-castle-20150422-1mqvxd.html
On the flipside the Roosters took Mason off their hands mid contract
SBW walked out mid contract to eventually the Roosters
And Barba walked out mid contract to Brisbane

Not defending them but I think most clubs have had players pull out of contracts

Inglis pulled out of a deal with Brisbane

Actually the Roosters seem to benefit alot of from players walking out or sacked eg Mason, SBW, Ferguson, Carney etc plus they have they still have Peter O Sullivan who was heavily implicated in salary cap cheating at the Storm

I don't get how the contract does not include a clause to forfeit the Rd 13 option? Simple enough to include as a condition.

I agree that Players should compensate a Club that they walk out on. There is a large cost in the recruitment process.

But it also needs to be applied to Clubs who release Players early that's not due bad behaviour . Like Bennet did when he took over at the Broncos.

The compensation should be handled by the NRL and given to a Club as an additional Salary Cap amount - like marquee player top up is. That way, Player Agents would not blacklist a Club by withholding the Talent pool.

This would have helped the Raiders who were severely disadvantaged by the drunks - Dugan, Fergo and Carney

Last edited:
Snake got it so right, a contract means nothing until the deadline ends.

I would love to see a massive fine issued to a club who taps up a player or coach and induces them to leave a club. The dogs did that with Hasler and it was at our expense.

I hope after the disruption that the contract negotiations have caused our club over DCE and Foran that a player is not allowed to negotiate a new contract until the NRL season ends in October till the end of January, that is 4 months to work things out but there has to be a cut off so the league can start a season without the frenzy we have witnessed.

Actually the Roosters seem to benefit alot of from players walking out or sacked eg Mason, SBW, Ferguson, Carney etc plus they have they still have Peter O Sullivan who was heavily implicated in salary cap cheating at the Storm

The Roosters pied piper....

522407-nick-politis.jpg

Osullivan has learnt from his mistakes at the storm..... He is no longer getting cought.

Does a contract mean anything any more? Players leave for "compassionate " reasons , mid season transfers, longer contracts etc

They are better off just sorting out a transfer / contract window to get this stuff done

Gee I reckon the whole process needs a major review, when players can start negotiating, when a team can make an announcement, is there a cooling off period.

If the farce that's been Manly the last six months it needs to be done before it all starts again for 2016.

I'm not blaming dce if he stays at manly , it's the system . Suck it up nrl for bailing the gc out of a deep hole . Your changing the rules regarding cooling off for round 13 because you screwed it up . We should all be talking about our teams that we love and support and be excited about it but instead we have to put up with all the innuendo that's screwing the game .

I'm not blaming dce if he stays at manly , it's the system . Suck it up nrl for bailing the gc out of a deep hole . Your changing the rules regarding cooling off for round 13 because you screwed it up . We should all be talking about our teams that we love and support and be excited about it but instead we have to put up with all the innuendo that's screwing the game .

Bailing out the GC by the NRL only prevented DCE from signing with the Sharks.
We were 400k off the mark from the GC and purportedly 200k from the Sharks. (we offered 800K).

If the GC didn't get bailed DCE would be a Shark contemplating a backflip instead of a Tit.

Smart move by the NRL to play the Bulldogs game tonight rather than tomorrow. If there is one set of fans who would disrespect the Anzac celebrations, it's them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6