Hybrid Game - Telegraph 14/10/11

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle-rock08

Reserve Grader
I just read in the Telegraph that there are preliminary plans to play a hybrid union/league game at ANZ.

Does anyone know the rules of the hybrid game?

Hopefully if will be more of a success then the Aussie Rules- Gaelic Football farce...... At least both codes use the same shaped ball.

have seen a few mins of the concept played out once on tv, gus gould was rambling about it.
Basically from what i gathered its a mix of rugby league and union. From what i saw they alternate the tackles each time between a league play the ball and a rugby play the ball. limited tackles, scrums where rugby scrums, line outs for certain things, etcc...

Basically it looked stupid!

Here is a video. It was trialled at brookie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-oPbG0WAwo

eagle-rock08 said:
I just read in the Telegraph that there are preliminary plans to play a hybrid union/league game at ANZ.

Does anyone know the rules of the hybrid game?

IMO this is just stupid. Rugby League basically is a hybrid, it's a derivative and a far superior one

wait just watched the video, not a bad idea all over.

But hows this quote

"If we stand still, we will go backwards"
bahahahaha, no you won't you will stand still sir

Daniel said:
The Who said:
Quote of the year from Dywer: "If we stand still we'll go backwards".

no prizes for second :)

Looks like Golden Point to me. We both posted at the same time. You just used your position as the creator of the site to edge ahead!
I prefer to think of it as great minds thinking alike.

I'd actually go watch the game. I was a big fan of union when I was younger, and a huge fan of league now. If they reduced the kicking in Union it would be a better game.

Excited to see how it fares

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4