Hunter Stadium centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
with all the money they have already been given now they want more?

The Newcastle Knights are pushing a proposal for a training centre of excellence to be built at Broadmeadow, as part a new master plan for the sporting and entertainment precinct.

State agencies Venues NSW, which manages Hunter Stadium, and the Hunter Development Corporation have been consulting the city’s major sporting clubs and other stakeholders about options for the precinct’s redevelopment.

A plan will go to the Baird government this year.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/3637506/hunter-stadium-centre-of-excellence/?cs=303

I used to see both the jets and the knights training at the Uni gym all the time. Decent enough facilities but not for first grade sides. Hope they get it.

bulls#!t,
they can have a new training facility after brookie has a similar amount of money spent on it as they have had on their stadium!
Totally agree that brookie deserves money, more than any other team needs a training facility. But I do think Newcastle deserves a proper training facility.

Who owns the Knights? Can that area even financially support a team?

It's the second largest city in the state. It deserves a first-class stadium. They are already being dudded by Baird and co. on several fronts, so if this upgrade is realised, I say good luck to them.

And of course I also want an improved Stadium Brookvalia.

It's the second largest city in the state. It deserves a first-class stadium. They are already being dudded by Baird and co. on several fronts, so if this upgrade is realised, I say good luck to them.

And of course I also want an improved Stadium Brookvalia.
The populations of Newcastle and Northern Beaches are pretty similar, so you'd expect some similarity in facilities. But if we're really serving the North Shore and Central Coast as well ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7