Howard Should have Gone a Year Ago

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Whether you vote Liberal, Labor, Greens or Independent, it is becoming increasingly apparent that Howard should have gone when he was on top, about six to 12 months ago.

His desperate attempt to cling to power seems to be backfiring on him. My tip is that even if he makes another Lazarus style recovery he will be dumped by the Liberals in less than a year. Age has caught up to him!!!!

He needs to face up to bringing in work choices without a mandate.
We will give him a retrospective mandate :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh: :blaugh:

I have to agree that he looks tired and senile and he was pathetic in the debate and gibbered on without saying anything intelligent.

then again he has been pathetic in the previous 3 debates and yet still won the elections.

I cannot understand why neither party can see that more tax cuts are only fueling inflation. They need to invest in infrastructure like fats train lines, rural airports etcwhich are going to reduce the costs of food etc and then we won't need tax cuts.

More competition in the supermarkets would help keep food prices down and they should be encouraging a major supermarket chain from overseas to establish stores in OZ.

Unfortunately all political parties here are ****ed and have no idea.

More competition in the supermarkets would help keep food prices down and they should be encouraging a major supermarket chain from overseas to establish stores in OZ.

I can't remember where but I did see something the other day about one of the giant US stores making their move here in Australia very soon. It wasn't Walmart and I can't recall the name but they are very similar. Basically walk in a buy everything from big screen TV's to clothes and all your groceries. It apparently has Coles and Wollies very worried and I imagine Wesfarmers wouldn't be too happy about it. Wonder what Myer knew about this a few months back.

Do you mind if I plagiarise you tookey?

Thats a change ;)

I would have been happy if Costello took over a earlier on. But Liberals still has a better team imo.

I'm sure many people who are voting Labor federally also voted Labor in the NSW State election. :) :) Cheers Chaps

Do you mind if I plagiarise you tookey?

No problems.

Aldi is a start. I also heard that a US company is considering establishing itself here from the US. Can't remember the name but it may start with C. We need someone with big enough pockets to take on Woollworths and Coles and cut food prices because Woollies are doing what they want at the momement to everyone.

Tookey - we agree on infrastructure and tax cuts etc. Both parties are trying to outspend each other with empty promises targetted at interest groups. Infflation will eat into the tax cuts anyway. Economic management is the best thing Howard has going for him and yet he starts by $34 billion in tax cuts.

As for State Labor and Byso - what alternative was there to State Labor?? Certainly not the Libs then though with O'Farrell and a few good new MPs, there seems hope for the Libs. Their time will come at the next election. However I don't base this on the Daily Tele and their scare campaign about on the spot fines. That is the best idea in law and order for years and yet the telegraph screams. They are morons as it that Gallagher guy who is the opposition spokesman.

My letter to the local rag:

Isn’t a shame that the major parties are so lacking in vision and imagination that the best they could do in the first fortnight of the election campaign is announce another raft of massive tax-cuts.

Can’t they see that all more tax cuts will do is fuel further inflation?

Wouldn’t it be far better for them to invest in bold infrastructure projects like fast train lines, rural airports and appropriate highways that are going to reduce the costs of food so that tax cuts aren’t really required?

Instead the best we people in the Central West get is more dithering and millions wasted on studies and surveys.

If there’s 34 billion dollars sitting around looking for something more useful to do than upgrade every television screen in the land to Plasma, why not bite the bullet and use around one-fifth of it to immediately green light the three major projects that would open up and transform the regional areas of the country’s largest State?

I refer of course to the Inland railway between Melbourne and Brisbane, the Bells Expressway that will circumnavigate the Blue Mountain bottle-neck and a major inland international airport linked with a fast train to Sydney.

Surely it’s not that hard?

Well I say fair enough to criticise labor for putting out the tax cuts, but what do you think would have happened had they refused to match the cuts?

There would have been a massive swing to Howard, that's what. After all they do have to get in to government before they can do anything.

They could have spent some of the surplus on better public transport in NSW, subsidise tafe costs and another univesity in western sydney (I heard the other day that western sydney has the same population as Adelaide and Adelaide has 3 universities to western sydney's one).

yeah but western sydney is full of westies :)

Matas do you think the run of the mill Daily Liberal reader (thats the paper not the party for city folk) would understand those long words.................like train ;)

They could have spent some of the surplus on better public transport in NSW, subsidise tafe costs and another univesity in western sydney (I heard the other day that western sydney has the same population as Adelaide and Adelaide has 3 universities to western sydney's one).

Yep, all of those are good ideas, but I am talking about the practicalities of trying to win an election from opposition. If you oppose tax cuts it is political suicide.

yeah but western sydney is full of westies :)

Matas do you think the run of the mill Daily Liberal reader (thats the paper not the party for city folk) would understand those long words.................like train ;)

Our paper is a bastion of good journalism. It's just the television news that is dumbed down for the people in Orange.

The writers cater to their audience.

Is the Coalition popping off our soldiers in Afghanistan in a desperate attempt to resurect the Tampa?

"The writers cater to their audience" Crap.

Journos tell their audience what to think.

and that other comment is too sad and warped to comment on, even for you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4