1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How will the media treat a loss?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by fLIP, Jun 7, 2005.

1. fLIP

fLIP UFO Hunter

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +790 / 15
    Guys, just say we go into this match against souths on the weekend, a team struggling for a win, lingering close to their inaugral spoon position; what would happen if we lost?

Keeping in mind that manly are missing the following due to various reasons:

Kite
    Kennedy
    Menzies
    Heckenberg
    Hill
    Leuluai
    Cleal
    Matai
    G Stweart

Do you think the media would use a loss, coupled with the monaghan saga to depict a side on the fall or will they say it as it is and defend manly's loss like they have the Bulldogs, Roosters, Knights, St George all season. Just another side missing a lot of players?

As much as I would like it to be told as it is, I feel we would be dragged through the dirt over a loss this weekend and thats why I think its most important to win this one.

2. Duff

Duff Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +555 / 10
    They'd say that we failed the depth test. Against the Bunnies, you'd maybe have to say fair enough. We couldn't have it at a better time given who we play over the next few weeks.

3. c_eagle

c_eagle Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If we do lose and that's a big if imo, I want to see us get a bit of a kick in the bum by the media, it'll give us extra motivation for the next week.

We wont lose though, it's still a pretty class 13 that we are fielding. The extra desperation that may not have been there because of the low ranking of the opponent will now be brought with the enthusiasm of young players being given a shot in the big time. It won't be one sided but I'm pretty confident.

4. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    it will be dragged through the dirt, do doubts about it

5. byso

byso Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0
    I dont care really it would spure them on to improve.

6. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Same as they treat the Bulldogs in the current situation