How Will Ricky Stuart Go With Canberra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MissKate said:
How about all the sacked players at parra, surely stuart should commit to the grand plan he was putting together at parra.

Indeed. How do you rip apart a playing roster, then walk? With that kind of cash being offered i would do the same too probably.

The Raiders do have the makings of a good team. Thats why i am curious as to how he will do. Things could go either way. Perhaps he might shock us and actually get some of their players reaching their potential...but based on previous teams coached, its just so hard to see happening

One of the little known facts in Rugby League is how wealthy the Raiders are. They are the only club with extensive commercial and industrial business interests all over the country run as a separate entity to the football operation. Masters wrote an article on it months ago-it was amazing how far their business interests stretched and how profitable they are.

This does not help them re players as the salary cap is in play and players don't want to live there but re coaching (which is outside the cap) they basically have a blank cheque. Pity the individual running the business concern is not picking the coach.

I give Stuart a year coaching Canberra then he'll renege on the deal and enter politics. With his mastery of doublespeak and proven track record of nonachievement and backsliding he'd be a shoe in for the top job...

susan said:
One of the little known facts in Rugby League is how wealthy the Raiders are. They are the only club with extensive commercial and industrial business interests all over the country run as a separate entity to the football operation. Masters wrote an article on it months ago-it was amazing how far their business interests stretched and how profitable they are.

This does not help them re players as the salary cap is in play and players don't want to live there but re coaching (which is outside the cap) they basically have a blank cheque. Pity the individual running the business concern is not picking the coach.

didn't someone comment on here about getting charged a $10 admin charge on top of the ticket price when they purchased at the ground a couple of weeks ago. If conservatively you estimate 5,000 people did that, they make a cool $50K each game, not a bad earner in itself

First paragraph in Brad Walters article today. The rest of the article makes excuses, saying that a big reason Parra are so **** is because the coach doesnt have the facilities or training equipment other clubs have. Lol whatever

"After being hailed as the best Parramatta coach since Jack Gibson when he signed a three year deal, Ricky Stuart's departure is set to be met with a bitter response from players, officials and fans amid claims the team has gone backwards in his first season."

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Lord Eagleton said:
So mail is getting pretty strong about Stuart going to Canberra next year. I find this situation very interesting given his track record of losing, how little success he has had in recent years, and the fact that Canberra have some great young talent ripe for him to balls it all up. He will be expected to get them results quickly. Can his coaching really do it?

What do you think his impact will be on the Raiders next year?
Will they go forwards or backwards?
Who's the Canberra halfback? Lol he should be very nervous

Place your bets

I think he will go alright Lord . Have met Ricky , one of my best mates went to school with him and Don Furner jr who is one of his best mates , his wife is from Canberra . If I know two things he likes its money and Canberra - and with 7million for 7years ; not to mention drama at Parra he would be mad not to take it .

7 million for 7 years. Crazy money. Are they sure they want to tie him up for that long, big,big gamble.

If I was Ricky I'd jump, the Eels will sack him in a heart beat, so $7m for 7 years?? hell yeh!! Take that.

I don't quite get why he is so in demand. I can see why he did fairly well at the NSW job, his intensity over that shorter period works in his favour and he doesn't really need to coach the best. However over a season(s) I think he would be very wearing on the team.

Why wouldnt you jump and take the money when if he has a losing streak 2014 he could be sacked and someone else could have snapped up the Raiders job . 7 years could give you plenty of time to get systems in place and move forward .

To be successful a club needs a coach that is a great technical brain, a manager of personnel, a firm leader and compassionate ..not necessary to the public but a must for the players ..look at Bennett Bellamy toovs Madge Robinson. Stuart fills a lot of these roles but I do not think he is compassionate. U need players all going in the one direction. The above coaches can do that in various degrees and times. With Ricky it is so rare. Maybe at "home" he can change his spots but I doubt it.

I see the parra side of things but coaches are sacrificed every year by dickhead boards . There was talk that the tigers would be paying 3 coaches at one stage next year. If you work in a system like that, why wouldnt you

Stuart will probably only serve 3 or 4 years at canberra but he now has his super covered. IMO stuart doesnt seem the best coach but he is a hard task master and does demand discipline. After Carney, Dugan and ferguson the club does need to start again.

Until the NRL changes the culture of contracts and the wriggle room , it is just part of the game

This is for the media hacks that trawl this site looking for scoops.

I think the best team that could do with a bit of Ricky Stuart hardball coaching is the Wallabies. They need a rocket up them big time. Ricky is the sort of man and coach that could deliver that sort of regime change.

Read it here first baby.

Think the Raiders should persist with Dunneman......... until Bellyache's contract with the Storm is up (when the big three retire) and grab him then.

Fox sports reporting Ricky has signed 3 years with Canberra and left the joke that is Parramatta.

manlyfan76 said:
Fox sports reporting Ricky has signed 3 years with Canberra and left the joke that is Parramatta.

....which means he'll probably stay for 1. Fair dinkum, is there any such thing as a contract ?

If I were the Slime, I'd be cheering.

You know, maybe this next club will be the one where things change for Ricky. Maybe after the Roosters, Cronulla, NSW and the Eels he has worked out what gets a team winning and what doesnt. Perhaps the next few years at the Raiders we will see champagne rugby league. Lets be honest, he's due.

Its just really hard to call it based on track record, isnt it.

I think Ricky is as weak as p*ss. After sacking 12 players, rightly or wrongly, take a wooden-spoon club lower in his first year then run out on them after one year is just lower than low!

I never rated him as a coach, considering all of his coaching career's results.

Good luck, Raiders.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6