How we look so far

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are not exactly sitting pretty, but we are standing tall and proud, and that is a great sign for us in 2012. No complacency or premiership hangover visible. I don't think we really deserved to win either of the last two games, yet we so easily might have if a little luck was on our side.

Last night the Illawarra forwards seemed to roll up-field too easily in the first half. It was a credit to our team that they came back so strongly in the second half. A lot of other teams would have slumped to a bad loss from 12-nil.

Look at the young & inexperienced players we used last night. Oldfield is still learning, Whare is new, Buhrer & Lussick are still adjusting to NRL, Skinner on debut, Harrison only has a couple of games behind him. Another debutant was on the bench. And, despite all his achievements, even DCE only has one season up. It's a very positive sign that last night's line-up really took it to an NRL heavyweight on their home turf. The second half was a quite good quality, and at times we really had them on the run.

Last year we had the most consistent season I can recall from a Manly team. The matches we lost were extremely close, and the players showed a great determined attitude each time. So far – we are showing a similar spirit this year.

If we keep doing that we will be a real threat at the end, regardless of injuries and suspension.

All looks ok given our draw and injuries.next week will decide if we get a pass mark or not.despite the fact we will be hot favourites with Hayne back that will be tight.At full strength we can beat anyone,anywhere.

i don't buy the injury/suspension thing...

i still think a team with:
b stewart
j lyon
k foran
d cherry-evans
m ballin
a watmough

should have beaten the sharks and the dragons

Let's face it, we've been spoilt by 5 years or so of success, losing one or two games doesn't worry me in the slightest. I'm happy to see how the players are putting in 100%.

We haven't had much of a problem with injuries, suspensions and contract negotiations distractions over the years. Toovey has already proven himself in my eyes because with all the distractions players could easily drop their bundle. Instead we see a very competitive team out there.

I thought it might of been a blowout last night after the dragons got to a 12-0 lead, but the team came out in the 2nd half and gave them a scare for a while. I'm proud they fought to the end and win, lose or draw if they keep that up what else can you ask for?

Once we get these contracts sorted and players back from injury we will once again be one of the teams to beat and we have a roster than can take the 2012 premiership.

Brookie said:
i don't buy the injury/suspension thing...

i still think a team with:
b stewart
j lyon
k foran
d cherry-evans
m ballin
a watmough

should have beaten the sharks and the dragons

That's a fair point although I do think such a long time playing away from Brookie can't be making there job any easier. I'm also still concerned that a few of the boys might be not 100% focused due to contract issues.

IMO we'll probably lose either Stewart or Foran and the sooner it's sorted the better.

Even tooves just said on the footy show that getting back to brooky will help with the 50/50 calls ect. I can't wait till round 6!!!

A ground like Kogarah is a formidable home advantage too to the home side. Like Brookvale. The crowd are right behind their team. Let's face it, Manly have never won at Kogarah since the SGI JV started.

We won 2 tough games as underdogs. note that we have been poor starters previously.

Loss by 3 to a commited sharks who proved thay are good by winning in nth qld.

Last night should have been a 7-6 loss.

7/10 performance. going ok

The Dragons won't play any better this year, we were certainly not at our best,we had a very short turnaround ,we had TRex, Matai and Stewert out, they had 55% possession and the benefit of a very vocal home support on a ground that we have not won on forover 15 years.
Things are not as bad as they appear

I agree with Susan, next week will be important to show just where their attitude is at. I expected Parra to be desperate last night but they were terrible. They'll be even more desperate next week but that doesn't mean they'll play any better.

Going ok. Things will look a lot better after we win the next three games. And even better again when Matai, Stewie and T Rex
come back.

I think we look like a solid top 4/top 8 side, but we will need to improve a lot to be premiership condtenders imo.

The good news is I think it is possible. It all hinges on how quickly Tooves learns (as well as the usual issue of minimal injuries/suspensions at the pointy end of the season).

It is a really tall order to expect Tooves to take us all the way in our first season. To be honest I would be thrilled if we get close. If we actually achieve it, it would be one of this club's greatest achievements and Tooves would forever go down as a club legend (well, even more of a legend than he is already!).

Peter C is correct. Understrength and we lose the close ones to the better sides. Full strength and we put them away, no problems.

Brookvale said:
We must finish top 6.

If we are injury and suspension free, then theres no stopping us

Agreed. At full strength and with no distractions i can't see why we will not go all the way.

Even compared to 2011 we are on track.
In 2011 dragons flogged us. In 2012 we lost, without three stars, in a much closer game. (improvement)
In 2011 we beat the Warriors at Brookie, in 2012 we beat the warriors in NZ. (improvement)
In 2011 the tigers beat us, in 2012 we beat the Tigers. (improvement)
In 2011 we played crap at cronulla until the last 20 mins and just won. In 2012 we played crap at cronulla until the last twenty mins and just lost. (carbon copy performance but with a different result)
4 points from these four games in 2011... 4 points from these four games in 2012.

bones said:
Even compared to 2011 we are on track.
In 2011 dragons flogged us. In 2012 we lost, without three stars, in a much closer game. (improvement)
In 2011 we beat the Warriors at Brookie, in 2012 we beat the warriors in NZ. (improvement)
In 2011 the tigers beat us, in 2012 we beat the Tigers. (improvement)
In 2011 we played crap at cronulla until the last 20 mins and just won. In 2012 we played crap at cronulla until the last twenty mins and just lost. (carbon copy performance but with a different result)
4 points from these four games in 2011... 4 points from these four games in 2012.

Fu*n bang on dude, thats how you dissect our season thus far. :idea:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6