How to Submit an Article on Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Guys,

There have been a few questions on how to submit an article on Silvertails. So I knocked together a real quick 4 minute video on doing this that you can watch here.

You'll have to excuse my speech in it, an incident with Matilda jumping head first into my face the other day has left me with a fat a lip and a myriad of ulcers on my bottom lip, I will re-record this at a later date to make it clearer.

Any questions let me know. I can make other videos on other features if you like

http://screencast.com/t/SOvU4sakYs

@Dan how do I get back into an article to edit it once it has been published ?? we used to have that option when viewing the article via the front page before, the little edit icon in top RH corner, but I can't see any options like that now.

Go to the front page and do it from here you should be able to login there and edit will show up on the article, that will also give you a greater control however let's ping @Jethro for more help as I am sitting on a plane about to take off so can't guide you for a few hours

Dan said:
Go to the front page and do it from here you should be able to login there and edit will show up on the article, that will also give you a greater control however let's ping @Jethro for more help as I am sitting on a plane about to take off so can't guide you for a few hours

Geez Dan, did you look at the date of C&C's post before you replied? It was Saturday the 31st of August 2013 :D

Weird the system sent out an alert for it.

Epic

I am not watching a 4-minute video (wasting my data) to learn how to post an article, which is on the official Manly site (and I'm surprised it's not already posted) considering @Jethro is usually so efficient and thorough with these things, sourced from the same place.

I'm referring to the really positive and enlightening article/interview with Epalahame Luaki on his recovery and insights on depression, how he's going at Manly and where he's at in his life and footy nowadays.

I'd do it myself if I knew how. Either quickly explain it or someone able to, do it for me, please.

Hit submit article >> add article >> choose a category >> hit submit

Dan said:
Hit submit article >> add article >> choose a category >> hit submit

Thanks mate.

Too buggered now (but will give it a go in the morn).

It's ultimately very positive and appropriate as yesterday was R U OK? day.

Simply ask any or everyone U love that simple Q.

(If I get the process right it'll be a day late).

But "better late than never" for sure.

STILL can't get it done.

Limited time at the minute (plus increasing probs with my Google-Chrome Notebook last couple of days).

Have asked a far wiser friend to do it. If not can @Jethro do it as efficiently as he does with these things please.

RiverEagle said:
STILL can't get it done.

Limited time at the minute (plus increasing probs with my Google-Chrome Notebook last couple of days).

Have asked a far wiser friend to do it. If not can @Jethro do it as efficiently as he does with these things please.

Obviously you missed this post that I put up in the 'Eagles Sign Epalahame Lauaki' thread on Monday.

It is the same article that appears on seaeagles.com.au. The MWSE article even states at the bottom of it that "This article first appeared on NSWRL.com.au" and that is the reason why I didn't submit the MWSE copy yesterday.

Jethro said:
RiverEagle said:
STILL can't get it done.

Obviously you missed this post that I put up in the 'Eagles Sign Epalahame Lauaki' thread on Monday.

It is the same article that appears on seaeagles.com.au. The MWSE article even states at the bottom of it that "This article first appeared on NSWRL.com.au" and that is the reason why I didn't submit the MWSE copy yesterday.

Yes, thank you mate.

HappilyManly just told me too.

I didn't see the article on the 1st page of the RL forum, and only stumbled on Hame's article last night myself (as it was R U OK? day and these things are important to me anyway). As most understand, or are becoming to.

Thanks again.

I knew you'd be onto it Jethro.

I'll still have to spend 10mins at some point to work out how to (Post an article) myself if the need arises.

Again @HappilyManly helped (with tips in a PM) there too.

As has @Dan above. I "should" be able to work it out!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6