How to stop salary cap rorting

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Love it how News Ltd finds a story to chase the Titans around the time that Melbourne are under salary cap scrutiny. There has been very little Telegraph heat on the Storm on the issue, again proving how a media company should not be running a code of football.

And Schubert flew to the Gold Coast today, not Melbourne.  There again, where would you rather spend Easter?

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
But what would happen to a team in the 2nd tier that cheats the cap?

They couldn't cheat the cap as they wouldn't have any of the TV money. Div 1 would get most of the TV money, when you got promoted you would get your slice of the pie (same as UK premier league).

Here is a very simple solution.  Remove the cap and replace it with a points system.  Something like this:

Oz representative in the last three years you are pointed at 2,000.

SOO representative in the last three years you are pointed at 1,500

City v country would be worth 1,250 points.

A regular player with five seasons worth 1,000.

If you are a local junior the points would reduce.

In the first few years your points would go up accordingly starting at 200 first year, 400 second year etc.

If you played for one club (say like Beaver) for a long time your points would be discounted.  Any change to a new club your points would not be discounted and be back to square one.

Each player could be point graded as at 1 January each year.

Overall the top 25 or 30 players players cannot have a value exceeding 25,000 or 30,000 points.  Of course other factors would be taken into consideration that space precludes me from elucidating further.

Rich clubs could not buy the premiership as they would exceed their point allocation.  Poorer clubs would still get a crack at good players.

And finally - let these blokes earn what they can during their short careers.

As per C Smith's performance tody on the not so Super Saturday - I am surfing the net not watching it because of him.  I think he needs a lot of improving to make him bearable.  Having said that I now don't mind L Daley, he has improves somewhat.  Hope C Smith dose as well.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2