How to sign up to the Tipping Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I've had a few queries regarding signing up and paying to join the 2013 Silvertails tipping comp, as a couple of users have found it a little confusing. So I'll try and explain the process.

The SER8 abridged version as follows

1. Select Tipping Comp at top of page, then 2013 Tipping Comp
2. Click on Round 1 (current Round) and make selections
3. Hit 'submit' at bottom of the page
4. You will see a message at the top of the page that says, "Payment is due before round 10 (etc etc) Click Here to Pay now"
5. Click and pay!

See below for more details!

The C&C "Tipping Comp for Dummies" version.

Go here to the Jan Davis Tipping comp page to start the process. Please note the generous support of the Sea Eagles Fan Hubs

Tipping Comp

You will see a list of available Tipping Comps from 2009 onwards at the top of that information page, click on the link for the 2013 comp.

At this point you may get a message that says

You must be registered and logged in, to enter and use the Silvertails Tipping Competition

That's because there are two log ins for the site, one for the forum and one for the rest of the site content. If you get that message follow the log in process at the top RH corner as you would normally. This will send you back to the home page so you'll have to go back to the tipping comp page and start again. (you can access it through the menu bar at the very top of the site).

After you click on the 2013 Tipping Comp page you should be taken to a page which has the list of upcoming rounds (only the first 7 rounds are listed to start with). Click on the Round 1 link on the LHS of that list and that will take you to the list of games for Round 1 of the competition. There you will be able to make your selections for the games for that round by using the drop down menu at the RHS of each game. The optiosn are the two sides and a draw. Make your choice for each game. Please note that the default choice is the away team, which is the pick you will receive should you neglect to place your tips.

You will also be required to pick a score for one of the games each round. This is our diferentiation mechanism to pick the weekly winner of the double pass to Brookie should two or more tippers score the same amount of points in a round.

Finally you will notice one game is highlighted by a gold star on the far RHS. This is the "Bonus Game" for the round and is worth double points.

Once you have made your selections and picked your score hit the "Submit" button at the bottom of the page. This will lodge your tips and you should receive a message at the top of the page as follows

Your tips have been saved, good luck

You should also receive an email confirmation that you tips have been received and what those tips were. At this stage that email won't detail your pick the score details, but that may change in the future.

There is a "Next Round" button at the very bottom of the page which will take you through to the next round of games should you wish to submit tips in advance.

Most importantly you will see a message at the top of the page that says

Payment is due before round 10. If you have not paid by round 10, you will receive away games, before being excluded from the comp, at Round 15
You will not get bonus points, if you have not paid

Click Here to Pay now

This will let you know whether you have paid or not. When you click on the Pay now link it will take you to another page which will require you to enter your Silvertails Username and Silvertails Email Address(the email address you used when you registered at Silvertails) This is required so we know which user is paying, if you don't complete these details we have no way of knowing which user the subsequent payment has been received for. After you enter that information click on the "Pay Now" button and you will be taken to the PayPal page where you can log in with your PayPal details and complete the payment process through PayPal. Alternatively you can also pay with Credit/Debit Card should you not have a PayPal account. You should receive subsequent confirmation of payment through PayPal via email. Similarly we will receive notification of your payment receipt once it has been processed.

If you do both of the above correctly then your name should appear on the

2013 Tipping Comp Ladder

This ladder is also accessible at any time through the tipping comp menu in the banner at the top of the site. If your name appears on this list than that means you are registered AND paid up and hence eligible for bonus points and of course the prizes. Please note that it can take a day or two for payments to clear sometimes, so be patient. However if you feel you have paid AND entered your tips for at least one round and your name doesn't appear on that list then please PM me and I will check it out.

If you do all the above correctly then you should be all good to go. You may get some weird errors when you first try, but clear your cache (delete temporary internet files) and try again and that should hopefully work. If you still have problems probably best to PM Dan as I'm a luddite when it comes to the technical aspects of the site. The best idea is to check that you receive the email confirming your tips have been lodged and that your name is on the Tipping Comp ladder which confirms your payment has been received.

Some other points worth noting

* You can certainly join the comp and enter tips without paying up front, HOWEVER you will not be eligible for bonus points or prizes until you pay. Please note that the Bonus points ARE NOT RETROSPECTIVE. You only start receiving bonus points from the round that your payment is received, it is not backdated. So if you want bonus points from Round 1 then get your payment in pronto, because it some cases it can take a day or two to come through. No payments will be received after Round 15 so if you don't pay by that date then you will be removed from the comp.

* If you can't (or don't wish to) submit payment through the PayPal portal then PM me and we can organise direct deposit details (or some other accpetable payment method).

* I have had a couple of enquiries from people who don't wish to join the tipping comp but are willing to make a small donation towards the upkeep of the site. If you follow the payment process detailed above the price is fixed at $25.00. So if you wish to make a donation of a lesser (or greater :p) amount then PM me and I will give you the details of how to do that. Of course those offers are as equally appreciated and we are grateful of any assistance.

CHANGING OF TIPS

You can submit tips in advance as rounds are added to the tipping competition, and I know some people like to do that in case they forget (which happened to me a couple of times last year, and let's be honest that's the only reason @[Clint] beat me :rolleyes: ).

Please note that you can change your tips at any time after they are lodged. In fact you can change your tip in any individual game right up till 5 minutes before that game kicks off, so you'll never be caught by last minute team changes or injuries.

Hopefully that pretty much covers everything you need to know to get involved. Of course if you have any questions or problems then please don't hesitate to post here or PM me.

A big thank you to all those who have signed up so far, but we still need more help so please have a think about whether you can support us and assist in keeping this place functioning as a vibrant Manly Sea Eagles community. Remember there are some great prizes on offer and you will also be closer to achieving that elusive "True Supporter" status if you sign up.

C&C can I suggest at the very top of the sticky, just put something simple like:

1. Select Tipping Comp at top of page, then 2013 Tipping Comp
2. Click on Round 1 (current Round) and make selections
3. Hit 'submit' at bottom of the page
4. You will see a message at the top of the page that says, "Payment is due before round 10 (etc etc) Click Here to Pay now"
5. Click and pay!

See below for more details!

..... Otherwise the volume of the info is a little daunting. I remember when I first put in my tips I went back later to try to pay and it took me a while to work out where the 'click here to pay' button was. I eventually found it, but now that I have paid I can't see it so I forget why I found it hard to spot at first…

Excellent summation of all the info, by the way :)

Hi C&C I payed on the weekend but when I hit submit tips its comes up with a page that says invalid token and doesn't save my tips.

Mick have you tried logging off and clearing cache/deleting cookies &temp internet files? If no luck just PM to Chip and Chase, he is on the case.

mickqld said:
Hi C&C I payed on the weekend but when I hit submit tips its comes up with a page that says invalid token and doesn't save my tips.

@[mickqld] I assume you worked it out as it seems your tips have been lodged. If you are still having problems let me know.

The best way of checking if your tips went through is to make sure you get the confirmation email from Silvertails listing your tips. If you don't get that then there may be an issue and you might have to try again. Remember it will be sent to the email address you used when you joined at Silvertails

You need to login via the front end, clear cache etc. The forum and website login are no longer linked

Your account is unchanged on that system, it will have your old password.
Login at http://www.silvertails.net/index.php?option=com_user&view=login

Thanks mate, but I am trying to log in with that link using my old pass word and also my new pass word and neither get me in.

have you cleared all your browser cache etc?

Let me change your password and try it

Works fine. I will PM you the password now

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4