How to beat the roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Chook's attack is Sonny, Manly's is Soniq :D

We need to grubber to Minni as his back is fused and he cant bend down. Plus he kicks out like that Scum # 1

Manly will win easy if they play footy :angel:

Kingy damaged the shoulder that was operated on last year :(
Wish Kitey asked Gus for a release :idea:

manlyfan76 said:
Beat them at their own game. Get rid of all our Jnr players and just sign a team of eastablished stars and pay them in brown paper bags.
Think u are confusing them with the Scum. . . . oh, sorry, its Both of them !

If true and king is out for a long stint, we will really need someone to stand up, is that jesse kid a front rower , who was on the bench last week....... or could one of our junior guys be ready?

I'm farking sick of giving away piggyback penalties. Possession and field position are our worst enemies. Th refs don't seem to favor us but we don't do ourselves any favors either. Our defense is the best in the comp so if we get at least equal ball in any game we should win.

Ralphie said:
c eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
re King

Apparently he has some issues with his shoulder, and it is going to need some work. He is currently deciding whether to try and play with the pain and have the op after the season, or have the op now
Crap that dont sound good at all, ex specially off the back of loosing joe already...... anyone know if sio or jake are able to step up.... or to early,i ha vent seen them play..... have we got many other options, george, lawrence,gower,kite...... might have to do.

Anyone who has dislocated their shoulder (I've done mine 7 times) would know that trying to play through the pain isn't a goer. I know I couldn't do it, although my other nickname is Marshie, because I am as soft as a marshmallow.

You should be called benji!

Roosters haven't played anyone yet, basically all of their wins against bottom 8 teams. Dream draw as well, with 6 or seven of the 8 first rounds played at home.

Keep the mentality from last week going. Forget about throwing it around, just play for territory and defend.

We have gone too far away from this style, I remember 2008 just grinding teams into submission.

We know the pricks in pink are going to find some reason to disallow half our tries so we're going to have to cross the line more than double what the chooks do.

COMMANDER said:
Roosters haven't played anyone yet, basically all of their wins against bottom 8 teams. Dream draw as well, with 6 or seven of the 8 first rounds played at home.

Keep the mentality from last week going. Forget about throwing it around, just play for territory and defend.

We have gone too far away from this style, I remember 2008 just grinding teams into submission.

This is the best point in this discussion. Exactly right. Its True that The chooks have had a great start but they don't have the memories of massive wins against massive opponents. We do. And if we hold the ball, and don't give away too many penalties, we win - without doubt.

Nor do the Brewsters have too many memories of beating the Northern Beaches Machine.

Their coach looks like he's had one Botox injection too many.

Mitch said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
re King

Apparently he has some issues with his shoulder, and it is going to need some work. He is currently deciding whether to try and play with the pain and have the op after the season, or have the op now

RLW Mole tweeted he is set for a LONG lay off with his shoulder problems...Not a fantastic sign, he usually has decent mail.

Yep surgery = season done I think

King has the same shoulder injury that he had before he came back. Gone for season I was told. Not sure if it is the same shoulder or the other one.

Don't buy into the hype of it being a battle of the premiership heavyweights. Every time we let the build up get to us, we go away from what we know best and eventually get beaten.

All we need to do is play the percentages and our class will show out in the end despite the pinkies doing their best to even it up.

We're the best team in this competition. I firmly believe that. No side can match us in the arm wrestle and our defense is second to none.

Play the game in two halves with full credit to the boys

I suspect Sao is ready to move up but will take a year or so before he becomes menacing. Trbojevic is still growing and though he may perform at 1st grade level, do we want to risk him at this stage. Mind you I think both of them will form Manly's book ends in the side by next year.

their only decent opponents have been Souffs & Raiders. look what happened in those games. Another over hyped bunch of hyphens

Roosters lost to Rabbitohs

Then they beat Warriors by 2, beat the broncos by one try, then smashed the eels (so what).

Roosters lost to Raiders

Then they beat the out-of-form Bulldogs, beat the dragons, and beat the panthers (yawn, yawn, yawn)

Yes they are in form, yes they are placing themselves in contention for the title but they lost to the two best teams (Raiders get extra respect for beating Storm).

Now they play the Eagles at Fort Brooky

There have been 5 games this year where the possession rates were as dominant as our game last week. Every game was at least a 30 point thrashing to the dominant possession team except the Manly victory. It was a remarkable effort for us to win that game. In this era no team can expect to win a game with so little possession. All we need is 50-50 ball and we will dominate the rorters.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6