How to beat souths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Steve76

Reserve Grader
For starters, only way to ruffle the feathers is to take gifty out. Not illegally, but in his face and smash him, dump him on his arse..
The exact same way he did to us in the first round and the exact same choc attacked us in the first game.
He has moved on so be it. He's not maroon and white anymore.
Respect the fans and do whats necessary to win.

going a bit left field but if we can score more points than them I think we can come away with the win

Smash that turncoat Gifty. Traitor!

Is snake playing or will he be replaced by Tom T at the last minute? (I am making this up but I thought it would a nice way for the bros to not do what they never wanted to do - play against each other).

Stretch them like we did the Broncs. Right, left, then right again and whooska - try time :clap:
Then the Bugos and Sutton can protect the middle all they like.:nod:

Stretch them like we did the Broncs. Right, left, then right again and whooska - try time :clap:
Then the Bugos and Sutton can protect the middle all they like.:nod:

I actually think you might be right, their middle will be a different situation to the Donkeys.

We have speed on the edges, our forwards probably can't win the battle but if they can reduce their effectiveness then anything is possible.

Bring Matai into the pack for 10 minutes and have him line up the Burgess brothers.
Don't allow souths (and the refs) to trap us on our line with their offside defence (not sure how we do that).
Play expansive football like last week.
Have Tom T in the starting line up.
Chip behind the line to put the south defender in two minds re rushing up (offside) and choking our attack.
Stop the forward roll on that the souths forwards get through successive surrender tackles and Issak Luke darts from dummy half.

The key will be how well our forwards aim up. If they can at least hold their own we're in with a chance. The refs will play a major role. If we get the same big ten meters and liberal policing of the play the ball that we got last week, I think we'll win.

Throw a couple of 'Yo mamma' jokes Isaac Luke's way and watch him lose his nana then get sent off. They get lost in attack without him IMO.

Send Hasson out their to put a old fashioned coat hanger on Isaac Luke. If he gets suspended for a few games then that's ok by me.

So the consensus seems to be that good defense and good attack will be the best strategies. I am constantly amazed by the new insights that appear on this site.

Slow them down in the ruck = minimise the dangermen - Inglis & more so tonight ....Luke

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6