How to avoid $10,000 fines

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Instead of coaches being interviewed post-match, why not select a passionate fan. Imagine the rants, sprays and entertainment. It would be TV Gold.
Then an opposition fan gets his say.
It would be better than any boxing weigh-in media conference. And best of all the NRL couldn't fine anybody because the fan isn't employed by the club.
I'm sure there are plenty of us who would love to get our ever-so-suptle message across.

Frogz said:
I reckon we should just boycott the media interview, post match, after games like the other night.

didn't wayne bennett get fined for not participating in press conferences. damned if you do, damned if you don't, the nrl will screw you anyway they can

The Who said:
Instead of coaches being interviewed post-match, why not select a passionate fan. Imagine the rants, sprays and entertainment. It would be TV Gold.
It would be better than any boxing weigh-in media conference. And best of all the NRL couldn't fine anybody because the fan isn't employed by the club.
I'm sure there are plenty of us who would love to get our ever-so-suptle message across.
best idea to ever hit this forum - amazing idea - fans could enter online and be chosen having signed an agreement to not be pissed or it would descend into a farce

bazeagle said:
The Who said:
best idea to ever hit this forum - amazing idea - fans could enter online and be chosen having signed an agreement to not be pissed or it would descend into a farce

not to be too pissed!

Frogz said:
I reckon we should just boycott the media interview, post match, after games like the other night.

My momma used to tell me if you can't say anything nice, just don't turn up to the post match interview.

Don't know if there is any obligation to turn up, but I can see why Wayne Bennett responded as he did in a lot of them.

MissKate said:
Frogz said:

didn't wayne bennett get fined for not participating in press conferences. damned if you do, damned if you don't, the nrl will screw you anyway they can

Mabye tooves and killer could go to the press conference, and just give one word answers to all questions.

E.g.
How did you think the boys played?
Good

There are technically participating.

The NRL has turned into NAZI Germany. All those speaking with objective, logical ideas will be dealt with. Anyone criticising the regime will pay. The coaches are the jews and Todd Greenberg is Heinrich Himmler.

Eagles2nv said:
MissKate said:
Frogz said:

Mabye tooves and killer could go to the press conference, and just give one word answers to all questions.

E.g.
How did you think the boys played?
Good

There are technically participating.

Greenberg will want to fast-track Darius Boyd into a head coach role, he is a natural.

If the NRL is so against misinterpretation then there should be an NRL official that sits in and if a Journo asks a questions that should not be answered then should say 'next question'.

Otherwise just go with one word responses at the post match presser and there will be no fine and even better no news for the scum to report on and blow out of proportion.

If it's warranted (like Friday night) then it's worth the $10,000 to speak up on behalf of everyone. Not like he went off without a good reason.

What is Manly's stance on misinterpretation?? Maybe we could fine Toddy 10k for accusing Tooves of attacking the officials integrity, when he was actually just being emotional. This whole drama must have caused Tooves a mountain of off field stress by now. I'm surprised he can still get in to work in the mornings. He probably can't look at a newspaper any more, and it's all Todd's fault. I say sue the NRL for the emotional stress this whole situation has caused Toovey.

mozgrame said:
What is Manly's stance on misinterpretation?? Maybe we could fine Toddy 10k for accusing Tooves of attacking the officials integrity, when he was actually just being emotional. This whole drama must have caused Tooves a mountain of off field stress by now. I'm surprised he can still get in to work in the mornings. He probably can't look at a newspaper any more, and it's all Todd's fault. I say sue the NRL for the emotional stress this whole situation has caused Toovey.

That's the way, play the victim, works very well for some, I mentioned somewhere earlier we just need to put Toovey into rehab for a couple of days, that will sort it all out and have the nrl pandering to his every whim

MissKate said:
mozgrame said:

That's the way, play the victim, works very well for some, I mentioned somewhere earlier we just need to put Toovey into rehab for a couple of days, that will sort it all out and have the nrl pandering to his every whim

Yep! Our CEO should be telling Toovey to stay down until the whole thing has been reviewed. Hang on.......;)

Kevin Sheedy used to talk about "Martians" who cost his side victory. Or you can use over the top sarcasm and praise the referees. Plenty of ways to get the same point across.

Tooves ( and Des ) are masters of the "blunt force attacks" - need to use the other strings to his bow like Wayne Bennett does.

Kevin Sheedy used to talk about "Martians" who cost his side victory. Or you can use over the top sarcasm and praise the referees. Plenty of ways to get the same point across.

Tooves ( and Des ) are masters of the "blunt force attacks" - need to use the other strings to his bow like Wayne Bennett does.

The Indian said:

correction, des 'used to be'. in just under 2 seasons at the dogs all the passion has been knocked out of him. he works at the dogs as a coach but he used to live for Manly as a coach

I wonder what the NRL would do if the following happened:

Reporter - So Tooves how did the boys play?

Tooves - Sorry I cannot comment as I might incur a $10,000 fine.

Reporter - Tell us how the refs were tonight?

Reporter - Do you think you will win next week?

Reporter - Why won't you answer any question Toovey?

Tooves - are there anymore questions I cannot answer? No? Thanks! Goodbye!

Then get up and leave.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8