How the mighty have fallen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The side showed some flair but we didn't play for the full 80mins. Their were some poor optins taken and some of the dropped ball didn't help. Des needs to correct the plenalty count against us, its hurting the side. I still think we can bounce back and I for one ain't going to hit the panic stations. If only Orford could have kicked 2 or 3 more goals we would have won the game. The bounce went with the warriors and there's plenty to take out of todays loss.

Agree with you Eagle. A much better effort than last week. Need to improve in several areas but we're on the way up. In general I think today's game was a good quality and exciting game of football.

I thought there were a few promising signs but there was a lot of mess, At no stage was I convinced that we were going to win. I knew it would come down to the very last minute and it did.

We were messy all over, it shows how much snake does for us and I think that we are underestimating the impact that being without Stewart is causing us. We dont have him yelling out things from the back, we dont have his timing in attack and defense and we are missing the x factor.

We looked sloppy and tired

I am sure we will come good eventually and i am not putting the red marker through this season yet, but there is no smile on my face and a few wins will make us come good.

I just am not sure we will make it this year, we look like a lost team of the early 2000's at the moment.

At least last year our first few losses were by only 6 points and were low scoring affairs, this is a shambles at the moment

I also think people under estimate the defensive work and leadership (and a cool head) Beaver gave us. I really, really missed my weekly bit of Beaver action this week.

It's not just about snake missing. Our defence was hot and cold and we made way to many errors and gave away dumb penalties.

The warriors last try was a 50/50 bounce of the ball that could have gone eaither way but why did we end up playing in our own 20 for them to come anywhere near our tryline and score.

one other big mistake was stranger danger being tackled on out over the sideline rather than going further in field????? could have been another eagles try.

I would like to see Cuthbo run straight at the line full pace rather than try to turn and offload everytime and have someone like snake, killer, ox or matai sniffing at his heels. 

DSM5 link said:
Agree with you Dan.  I didn't think eight points was enough, but it should have been.

I dead set just fell off the couch!

I think we will account for the Panthers next week and that will help us out big time, but I am not going to start the season in my head until we have Brett firmly back in place and we have more of the team we had last year.

By round 9 at worse we will be back amongst the high flyers

Kiwi, just tell your mates that there's two trophies in our cabinet that are going to sit there until at least the end of this season. There were no trophies awarded today and no trophies in the Warriors cabinet.

Bradza link said:
Kiwi, just tell your mates that there's two trophies in our cabinet that are going to sit there until at least the end of this season. There were no trophies awarded today and no trophies in the Warriors cabinet.

LOL, trouble is I was using that line all last week with "You don't win anything in March". I will get through it

Bradza link said:

nah just take it on the chin mate, we lost. Living in the past gets you no where

missing_something link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179773.msg214655#msg214655 date=1237712444]

Beaver is going to be a huge loss for us this year and we can thank gallop for that.

Gee fair suck of the sav, I dislike what Gallops done with the game as much as anyone but everyone has a salary cap and they choose how to use it, had Des thought Beaver was important enough he would have kept him and not bought say a Tony Williams or Chris Bailey - Manly choose not to retain Beaver and didn't even offer him a contract, that’s hardly Gallops fault.
[/quote]

Ok lets blame John Howard for the fact that Beaver is playing in ESL.

Gallop should make players with 12 years at one club excempt from the salary cap and from the top 25 player list.

The game needs senior players like Menzies because if he was here I doubt that we would have had the **** fight that we had after the season launch.

We just dont seem to have fresh legs like the other teams just yet. The trip to England and the late start of training has us about 5wks behind the other teams I think. Our forwards especially look a little flat . Our backline is a bit of a mess due to injury/stewy. Throw in the off field rubbish and we were bound to have a slow start. 

We need to grind it out the next few weeks and get a couple of wins from somewhere. They wont be pretty but I dont think we will mind too much.

tookey link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=179773.msg214659#msg214659 date=1237712798]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=179773.msg214655#msg214655 date=1237712444]

Beaver is going to be a huge loss for us this year and we can thank gallop for that.

Gee fair suck of the sav, I dislike what Gallops done with the game as much as anyone but everyone has a salary cap and they choose how to use it, had Des thought Beaver was important enough he would have kept him and not bought say a Tony Williams or Chris Bailey - Manly choose not to retain Beaver and didn't even offer him a contract, that’s hardly Gallops fault.
[/quote]

Ok lets blame John Howard for the fact that Beaver is playing in ESL.

Gallop should make players with 12 years at one club excempt from the salary cap and from the top 25 player list.

The game needs senior players like Menzies because if he was here I doubt that we would have had the S**t fight that we had after the season launch.
[/quote]

lets stop looking for excuses and outward blame, we have no-one to blame but ourselves we have played extremely poorly the last 2 weeks

tookey link said:
Watmough and Mattai are playign like they are still pissed form the season launch.  Geln S was struggling for breath out there today and the team doesn't seem commited and mentally switched on like they were last year. 

Maybe we need to play the storm to get the etam fired up. 

Most of the tries against us today were bad one on one attempts rather than bad reads or shape in the line. That comes down to personal preparation. A few need to play like they want it more, rather than waiting for it to happen. I was furious when we were on the line 8 points in front and Choc threw a speculator out. A kick into the in goal and we win the game.

Agree, there were a few other shockers when we were up by 8 - Heath's knock on from dummy half.

Agreed, there were just to many silly errors from players who should do better.  It's concentration that's lacking at the moment.  One on one misses in defense, allowing their players to make breaks especially through the middle.  Players looking at others to make the tackle.  Glenn Stewart seems to not be right.  He's just not pressing through the line like last season.  Brett's problem playing on his mind possibly?  3rd game a win. 

Too much blood letting.
Please stop comparing the current raw recruits to the battle hardened veterans that fought out last years campaign.

The salary cap means eventually all great sides crumble, it is a foregone conclusion - BUT, it doesn't happen in 1 year or in 3 years, it happens slowly over time, as other cashed up clubs w/ good coaches atract the top talent away.

Our current problem is NOT the above, granted too many fresh faces, but the main problem as anyone can see is in defence, and that is a team effort.

I like the fact that we have lost two straight for several reasons...
1. As reigning GF winners it is hard to go under the radar, but this makes it alot easier.
2. We have a metric ton of top talent coming back in the next couple of weeks. Now is the perfect time to get our fringe players fired up and learning from their mistakes (somethign that doesn't happen when you are a passenger in a winning side... lesss focus on this).
3. DES will #$$%% these guys up, and they know it. This week is NOT going to be fun at training, and i'm guessing they will have plenty to play for in the weeks ahead.

It will take more than a win against Panthers and Knights to convince me though

If you want just 1 incident then it has to go to Bani.

Their tap and he is 10m in from the sideline and his opposite who strolls over untouched.

I could see it happen as they rushed up to take the tap.  We were strolling back to have a beer before taking up our defensive positions.  The crowd were screaming for us to turn and get set.  No problems!  Bani invited Manu in to have a chat and plant the ball.  All very lazy.  I don't want to talk about it any more.  Bring on next weekend. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6