How the Dragons almost screwed the WCC for everyone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Proper link

http://stevemascord.com/2011/06/14/world-club-challenge-saved-by-sydney-peace-meeting/

A SUMMIT between NRL boss David Gallop, Rugby Football League head Richard Lewis and St George Illawarra boss Peter Doust has ensured next year’s World Club Challenge won’t be called off.

British officials were dismayed the Dragons negotiated such a favourable deal from this year’s clash with Wigan that the prizemoney had to be slashed and little profit was made despite a full house at the DW Stadium.

The RFL wanted the NRL to make competing in the pre-season showpiece compulsory – or else the entire fixture would be cancelled.

“I had a meeting with Richard and Dousty and the good news is it went well,” Gallop tells Rugby League Week.

“The World Club Challenge will definitely be on next year.

“We’ve decided to have a video conference later in the year between our club representatives and some English club representatives to discuss ways to make it successful and workable for everyone involved.

“The fact is, competing in it was always compulsory – regardless of what people might have thought.”

Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership – he was there to resolve any lingering ill-feeling over this year’s match. The joint venture beat Wigan 21-15.

“We want to have a template which all clubs go by in future,” said Gallop. “There was a template before but the Dragons weren’t able to fit it for a number of reasons so they negotiated a few extras.”

There will be no additional teams or move away from a UK venue for the time being. RLW understands the NRL may kick off a week early next year – on March 2. That means the WCC is likely to be on Sunday, February 19.

Filed for: RUGBY LEAGUE WEEK

http://stevemascord.com/

Berkeley_Eagle said:
link dont work

I think there's a new one,but go to stevemascord.com and find the story in the main column.

Just wondered what the extras that saint greed negotiated were?

What an arrogant assumption that the chokers will win the 2011 comp. If that's Gallups opinion, then we are no chance.

Considering our performance post WCC i am not upset re better conditions for the NRL teams

Ralphie did you actually read the article?

lsz said:
Considering our performance post WCC i am not upset re better conditions for the NRL teams

Ralphie did you actually read the article?

"Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership – he was there to resolve any lingering ill-feeling over this year’s match. The joint venture beat Wigan 21-15."

Did I misunderstand that sentence?

Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership

Read that again

He did not attend because he assumed they were going to win

"Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership

he was there to resolve any lingering ill-feeling over this year’s match.

What's that all about? Who's this 'Doust' fellow? How's he going to be involved in the 2011 premiership?

lsz said:
Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership

Read that again

"Doust did not attend the meeting two Fridays ago because it’s assumed the Dragons will win the 2011 premiership

:huh:I'm a simple bloke, but I don't want to think about it anymore anyway.

I'm looking forward to my 2nd WCC trip next February :D

I don`t want to speak too soon(as we havent played them yet)..BUT
they are only 1 point clear of us(Manly) & melb ,& then bookies have paid out on them already,maybe thats why Doust acts like that .If one betting firm has already paid out on them no wonder he is acting all smug..

Love to see them get back to the chockers they were

Ralphie said:
lsz said:

Read that again

Maybe the sentence should have read :
"The reason Doust will attend the meeting is not because he assumes the dragons will win the premiership this year, but because they played in the last WCC. "
But I can see how it was easily taken the wrong way.

bones said:
Ralphie said:
lsz said:

Read that again

Maybe the sentence should have read :
"The reason Doust will attend the meeting is not because he assumes the dragons will win the premiership this year, but because they played in the last WCC. "
But I can see how it was easily taken the wrong way.

true,bones.some re-wording changes everything.as it stands,though,it reads correct "he did not attend because he assumed they were going to win",as opposed to "he did not attend,because it was assumed they were going to win".

Gotta love the ambiguity of the English language.
"I once shot an elephant in my pyjamas. How he got in my pyjamas I'll never know" Groucho

Hahahahaha now I know those arrogant pigheaded f***wits are no chance to win this year. I have never seen anything like it with these ****s. They assume automatically they are going to win again in 2011. Oh how sweet it's going to be to see them cry into their beers lamenting what could of been. I doubt they will even make the GF this year. Lost to the Sharks drew with Parra lost to the Titans give me a break.

I swap a WCC Trophy for 2 competitions points in first grade! Who cares about beating some pommie bludgers, I'd much prefer to smack the Eels next monday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4