How the 15 clubs can end the eels season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
The smart money is for all 15 clubs to band together and refuse to sign eels players until Round 15 Friday 17th June. This means the eels will be over the cap and unable to compete for points until after this time. The eels have the bye in round 16 and this will leave 10 games in which they can earn points.

The only hope they would have is to shift players offshore to England however given the number of ex cons and lead time for working visas which are required for a super league contract it is highly unlikely they will do any deals before round 15.

Thus a simple pact between the 15 teams not cheating this year for contract dates and payments of eels players to commence until after round 15 and the clubs have achieved what Greenburg was too soft to do. And if you wanted to add to their extensive wooden spoon collection the deal could simply be to sign no players at all until next season.

Justice needs to be served not a glimmer of a fairytale finals series.

The smart money is for all 15 clubs to band together and refuse to sign eels players until Round 15 Friday 17th June. This means the eels will be over the cap and unable to compete for points until after this time. The eels have the bye in round 16 and this will leave 10 games in which they can earn points.

The only hope they would have is to shift players offshore to England however given the number of ex cons and lead time for working visas which are required for a super league contract it is highly unlikely they will do any deals before round 15.

Thus a simple pact between the 15 teams not cheating this year for contract dates and payments of eels players to commence until after round 15 and the clubs have achieved what Greenburg was too soft to do. And if you wanted to add to their extensive wooden spoon collection the deal could simply be to sign no players at all until next season.

Justice needs to be served not a glimmer of a fairytale finals series.

I'd agree but if Corey Norman was forced to leave and we were able to get him in someway I'd go for him no matter what

I'd agree but if Corey Norman was forced to leave and we were able to get him in someway I'd go for him no matter what
If they lose Norman they won't be making the finals anyway. I'd be happy for Manly to 'help' them out by taking him off their hands.

I think it will come down to Watmough and the insurers. If that goes their way - they will keep their team of this year intact, if not, they will lose some quality players.

They wont offer up any of their top players. Pauli to faders maybe but if they do it after round 15 that is one less team they need to beat for the 8.

If they lose Norman they won't be making the finals anyway. I'd be happy for Manly to 'help' them out by taking him off their hands.

I think it will come down to Watmough and the insurers. If that goes their way - they will keep their team of this year intact, if not, they will lose some quality players.

Hooper reporting on fox that the nrl are considering backdating chocs payments for the whole year. And that semi is disgruntled at his old man not getting his tpas and they may move him as well. Now Semi we would have to go for.

Hmmmm an insurer just paying away a couple million without putting up a fight hmmmm has that ever happened..?

I doubt watmough's $$ will get near the full amount. Depends on the proportion of his pay that is illegal TPAs.

I doubt watmough's $$ will get near the full amount. Depends on the proportion of his pay that is illegal TPAs.
Agreed; however, if they backdate payments made over the 7months this year then it will come very close. As Loobs mentioned, the insurers have to pay out for this to happen - let's hope they don't and it stays under their cap.

I can see Tracey Grimshaw warming up in leggings and appying war paint. This has a Current Affair written all over it. Chasing choc on the latest bmx he has ripped off from the narabeen chicken pen "Anthony is that you, you ducked me at centrelink but not this time"

I've read that all Parra need to do is provide a doctors certificate. I'd have thought the insurer would get their own doctors in to test the validity of the claim.
Yes after all the fraudulent behaviour demonstrated by Parramatta's administration in recent times, it defies logic that an independent medical expert (reviewing Watmough's case) and an insurer would just rubber stamp any attempt to transfer Watmough to the retired list?

When does an insurer unquestioningly accept the insured party's word without thorough investigation, when this sort of money is in play?

Never!

Yes after all the fraudulent behaviour demonstrated by Parramatta's administration in recent times, it defies logic that an independent medical expert (reviewing Watmough's case) and an insurer would just rubber stamp any attempt to transfer Watmough to the retired list?

When does an insurer unquestioningly accept the insured party's word without thorough investigation, when this sort of money is in play?

Never!
Hillsong Insurance Inc.

But you are right the eels claim its a new injury sustained in preseason and not related to the chronic knee problem he had with us and all of last year with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8