how often do you go to MWSE.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
there are so many good ppl here now and a lot have their fingers of the pulse
Well thats not all they have their fingers on BE :)

In all honesty I can not blame admin for shutting down the forum but as it was user pay they should have waited until the end of the season to close it.

In the current economic climate a business can not afford to play an employee to oversee part of the business that brings in minimal dollars for effort.

If there are viable and better run alternatives that can not be linked to the club for any defamatory remarks why not let them carry the ball.

Once again Dan should be congatulated both his and his cohorts efforts.

Utility Player link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=185472.msg297692#msg297692 date=1285370586]
there are so many good ppl here now and a lot have their fingers of the pulse
Well thats not all they have their fingers on BE :)

In all honesty I can not blame admin for shutting down the forum but as it was user pay they should have waited until the end of the season to close it.

In the current economic climate a business can not afford to play an employee to oversee part of the business that brings in minimal dollars for effort.

If there are viable and better run alternatives that can not be linked to the club for any defamatory remarks why not let them carry the ball.

Once again Dan should be congatulated both his and his cohorts efforts.
[/quote]

Yay Dan! You rock dude.

Hi all,this is my first post on this site.I use to visit mwse on most days before i discovered manly silvertails.I do agree that its gone down hill and for me personally i havent been on it since about mid season.I find this site much more informative and always enjoy reading the forums.There is another site thats worth checking out..world of rugby league,its updated on a daily basis.. 

jbb/james link said:
As i am one who will not member up next year, i think its fair i offer what i think.The admin/owners made a decision that they were quite prepared to lose a certain amount of $$$/ memberships and they are quite prepared to dig into there very deep pockets to settle the difference

If it was admins decision they can answer to the owners with there jobs

If its the owners then they can pay the difference . I see no problems with any of that

If the owners pull out and manly need memberships to survive then the 3 of us ( my family) will be at the front of the line with $$$

Until then they can all sleep in the bed they have made

These days i support the TEAM

Im with you jbb.  I definitely wont be a member in 2011. I will buy a cheap membership from a rival club so i can still get first dibs at finals tickets.
And from someone who hates admitting he was wrong, i have to say Ryan... i think you are right what you say about Lowe. I used to argue the point on MWSE forum with you when you bagged the guy but i can see now you were on the money mate.  He needs to go ASAP.

G'Day John and welcome aboard.

Bones I would NEVER buy a membership from another club in spite of what you feel about the CEO, just makes them stronger and us weaker and do you really want that to happen?

Damage control 101 -
The club should acknowledge and apologise to 2010 members regarding the badly mishandled website forum closure. Not the reasons why they did it (which most reasonable people can understand and don't dispute) but why it was done without thought, proper leadership and why the club was so slow (months and months) to act in relation to replacing Aaron Markie.

That would go a long way towards rebuilding the bridge they themselves (through their own amateurish management, blew up.)

Unfortunately, the Sea Eagles have no longer got a management team that values members and I would like to know how they propose to win back the many members that they have disappointed? Or do they not care?  
I have been as vocal as Ryan regarding the CEO and how we will go nowhere with the current arrangements.
Where is our new major sponsor?
I also made the point many months ago (and was howled down by a few) that there were obvious signs that the club was drifting away from supporters, even before the forum closure.
For example, I wonder how successful the 'dug out experience' was this season in comparison to the last 2 seasons, since the club decided to no longer permit fans paying for the experience, the opportunity to visit the sheds after the game. I know they used some excuse like the players can know do warm down exercises or something of that matter but really, they are taking away from those that support the club.

I would also like to know why there hasn't been a single Sea Eagles employee make one solitary comment on this forum, knowing that most online fans are here and they have a link to this site on their own website?
What a great way that might be to win back fans/members?  Why is the membership manager/team not out there on every Manly related forum not only providing good will but selling the benefits of sea eagles membership?
I am not having a go at the membership team as I don't know them at all. It's more a point about the lack of direction from the top.
Like others have stated, until there is a major change of direction by the Sea Eagles board and management, I will no longer be a paying member of the club.
I will, however always support the team through thick and thin.
I CAN be won back but I need to see some effort first.

I don't disagree with the sentiments WAMF (and Bones) and I echo the thoughts about their decisions re the website / forum...stupid stupid stupid...but I wonder if withdrawing funds (that could impact on the teams success) is a positive move.

Why do you feel that the club owes us anything WAMF?

We choose to be Manly supporters & to me that makes the club a part of us, something we give to. The club gives us what it gives us simply by existing. We should be thankful we have a club to support rather than looking to be bribed for our support.

Duff link said:
Why do you feel that the club owes us anything WAMF?

We choose to be Manly supporters & to me that makes the club a part of us, something we give to. The club gives us what it gives us simply by existing. We should be thankful we have a club to support rather than looking to be bribed for our support.
Who mentioned bribed?
Please explain what the core purpose of membership is from a fans perspective?
Members should feel like they are part of the club, should they not? Otherwise, what is the difference?
You have other members here saying they no longer feel they are part of the club, not just me. Read between the line my friend. It means they once actually felt part of the club(family). Something ain't right and needs to be fixed.
If you think members should just be satisfied that our club has a team running around (for now) and not be concerned at the future and direction of the club, you need to learn to look past your nose.

I don't feel the club owes me anything. I will talk with my wallet.

You want to feel part of it, you want to feel appreciated, bollocks to all that.
I'm not saying I have no concern for the future, I'm saying that having a future is the only thing I want from the club. That's enough for me. I'm not looking for any form of "benefits" for being a member. I just see it as a duty, as I see going to as many games as I can as a duty.

Ask not what your club can do for you.......................

Bones, you are a complete tool.
Duff, Im with you on this issue.  I join the club not for the 'goodies' and not to support the management.  I couldn't care less who manages the club.  I'm only interested in going along and having that Cathartic experience of abusing the enemy, whoever that is, on any weekend in Winter.  And I would NEVER put money into another club just to get tickets.  That's just plain disloyal.  The club will survive whether Lowe or some other person is managing the show.  I'd suggest to all who say they are not taking up membership because of the absence of the the forum network should get over themselves and move on.     

why care for now, i knw i said some **** in anger about it  when i 1st joined silvertails, but now im over it i like this site better & if they do put a forum up i wont be going to it this is my site now.. i upgraded my membership from BOP  to the catergory 1  package,  i dnt want to see another northern eagles fiasco.. i dont give a fuk about the idiots behind the scenes at the club i just support dessie crusher tooves coaching staff & players, fuk the other hanger oner`s, getting their glory from the players & coaching staff`s hard work..

bottom line. Manly need memberships, they are very low. The whole culture of memberships in league does not exist. They need them to be financially viable but do very little customer service or feel good for the people that donate. Good for some, not for others. Obviously they are not successful at this so questioning there technique is not all about resentment. The only time i can remember them really increasing membership was on the back of Grant and Aaron's desire to give to get. I don't mean stickers but Manly love

everyone has different opinions, some feel they are the masters of opinion and feel the right to howl down anyone who does not agree with you. You dint have to agree with it, you dint have to be the adjudicator either .

While the forum closure was a catalyst for me the subsequent correspondence i had with the club regarding it, there attitude and ignorance is what has stuck in my craw and will stop me from renewing my membership

I gave them an opportunity to put forward something tangible and reasonable for me to understand and i was ignored.I was not rude, but i was disappointed and stated so.

The feeling i have is when they made the decision they were happy to lose a certain amount of fans. I understand this. But i find it completely slack that they made no effort at all to retain them. It was just lazy by people being paid to increase membership and put in the too hard basket. It was as though they had a get out of jail free card to lose these fans so just turned there backs. Disgusting really

The club owes nobody anything i suppose although they do ask for donations and volunteers. You catch more flies with honey and the arrogance shown to me directly does nothing to entice me to donate . I personally don't give a toss if you agree with me or not. If you want to keep being a member, i applaud you. When the old site went to a user pays system we lost many contributors. I didn't get on silvertails and bag them. It was there decision and i don't know there situation so i would be a wanker to do so

For all the contributors on this site who feel they are an authority, feel the need to disagree to the point of being rude, name call, question peoples reasons without knowing the story, its a sad reflection of yourself and i laugh at that, and you make me feel better as a person when i read your comments even if i am not a member in 2011

Thanks but no thanks

Very interesting how this topic as progressed. I myself rarely go on the MWSE  site but when i remember to i do go on
In terms of supporting the club I don't know what the forum on the main site has to do with that.
Although i think it was a terrible decison people still supported the club before computers were around did they not? I understand it cost the club a lot of money but we got to support the boys week in week out with memberships, merchandise, etc.
The club owe us nothing, we chose to support the club and I want to give as much as I can back.

Should correct one thing, shouldn't have said we have got to support the club in whatever way. It is of course the persons choice to do what they want with their money. And there are so many ways to contribute to the club if a person so choses.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6