1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long will it take ?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    For the article about how spies in the stands spotted Brett Stewart booing DCE as he ran onto the field tonight

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,844 / 103
    What was the crowd? One stand was closed and the others looked very sparsely populated.

3. Sillybus

Sillybus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 16
    Apparently it was 9,600. Was there. No ****in way was there that many

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,137 / 289
    It was devasting when the whole Titans crowd booed DCE. All 15 of them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. sheridanstand78

sheridanstand78 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,308 / 51
    9,600 they are joking, more like 7,000 there, dead atmosphere and our fans matched theirs in numbers I think. I think its quite comical that the so called rift between DCE and Snake is flogged to death. I dont care if they hate each other as long as they function in the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Maybe they counted each leg through the turnstiles tonight........

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Daveagle

Daveagle Well-Known Member

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    They counts heads in Qld

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    It was funny seeing them running out together and laughing at the Boos:D

After Tt scored that first try, from a great Chez pass, you could see Snake yell 'Chezza,Chezza'. Snake also supported him well in his post match interview with Matty Johns :)

Manly love is unshakeable :inlove:

• Like Like x 5
  9. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    I think the Manly dis-harmony saga has run its course. The remaining characters are quite tight and capable of building a bit of momentum, stranger things have happened.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Real Deal

Real Deal Active Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 3
    To paraphrase "This is Spinal Tap", they were still booing DCE when their own team ran on.

11. Paw93

Paw93 Active Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 10
    These rumours are like Massoud. Never right and exactly what people want to hear. Our great club is the envy of all. I'm sure Chez and Snake get along fine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,496 / 42
    Title thread sounds like the missus....

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,362 / 111
    They were playing boos through the p.a. System, and the titans chant with the crowd noise and drum was also pumped through the p.a. but because there was nobody there they seemed to stop it because it seemed to get really obvious before it stopped.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Terry Zarsoff

Terry Zarsoff Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,553 / 68
    Well now that you've allowed your furtive imagination to give the likes of Brothfield the germ of an idea, I would say approximately 1/2 a news cycle.

Well done.;)

15. manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
    Ratings:
    +5,362 / 111
    From www.smh.com this morning:

"The sight of Cherry-Evans and his one-time adversary Stewart smiling as they trotted on to enemy territory would be enough to warm the hearts of every Manly fan ā€“ and their display during the next 80 minutes would have only fuelled that delight.

Stewart was in everything, while Cherry-Evans and Parramatta-bound halves partner Kieran Foran steered the ship expertly as the contest was as good as over by half-time with Manly powering to a 20-0 lead.

"There was always going to be pressure on him," Toovey said of Cherry-Evans. "I think he'll brush it [missing Origin selection] off ā€“ like all good young players do ā€“ and he's still got plenty to prove and hopefully for the Manly club the best is still ahead of him."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ast-titans-20150713-gibgz6.html#ixzz3fo9KNt4C

16. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,825 / 53
    It was interesting seeing Cherry and Snake sitting next to each other during half time. You'd think if they hated each other as much as they keep telling us they would manage to steer clear of each other.

17. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    image.jpg

Yep they do really hate each other

• Like Like x 2
  18. weev

weev Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +684 / 17
    The team has found respect again. Respect for each other (snake and dce are pros and are combining well), and seemingly respect for their coach who like a punching doll keeps coming back up after every blow with a smile.

The mojo is back!

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. globaleagle

globaleagle OĆ¹ est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    I'm not sure if it's the same at all grounds...but the titans pa guy/girl was ....(how to put it?) Using songs to have digs as well. Things like when willie mason scored...the song played 'dude looks like a lady' and stuff like that.

It's childish....but that's all they have so we put up with the ...er....lameness of it.

I kinda wish dce said at the half time interview: "I see they've put all the titans fans with an IQ in double digits in that stand at the end." *points to empty stand*

Or....something like that. lol (speaking of childish thoughts)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Daddycool08

Daddycool08 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +371 / 4
    I watched the game live and heard the boos when we scored.

I watched the highlights on the news and heard the 'dubbed cheering' when we scored each try.

I wish the TV's would stop treating fans like dummies and stop dubbing the cheers for every try.

If you listen it is the same cheering no matter who or what team scores in the news highlights.

Also after a particularly hard won try I can even hear some guy yell - Oh Yeah!

Listen and take note next time you see (hear) the highlights.

• Informative Informative x 1