1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long until we get back to the top?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Matais Shoulder, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    Having lost the likes of Watmough, King, Stewart and of course our two best players in DCE and Foran, I can't help but feel a little nervous for our near future.

For starters some of our remaining "stars" aren't quite what they used to be. Lyon for mine is starting to show his age since the start of 2014, not sure how highly I rate him anymore. Snake and Matai are still pretty good but a bit too injury prone, also showing their age.

For mine the signings of guys such as Mason, Mateo and Luke Burgess are terrible. Once upon a time we could turn rejects into quality first graders, not anymore though. Those 3 mentioned above are of poor quality.

Unfortunately I see the same trend happening with our "supposed 2016 targets". Hodkinson may have played origin but he lacks creativity for a half, lacks a decent kicking game too. Sezer is a meh player, and from what I've read Sandow ain't going no where, and there sure as hell is no way I'd want Norman. Then the read the forwards, really can't see Klemmer or James getting out of their current contracts and I really think that Tamou is extremely overrated. Lussick also sucks, no thanks. He played well against us last week, but that's been his only decent game since leaving us a few years ago.

Can someone convince me we'll go ok?

I can't help but think we're in for a long, long re-building phase. I'd try and get Arthur back, and keep Foran... But Arthur isn't going to leave the Eeks.

2. cherry_poppins

cherry_poppins Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,038 / 131
    Poor troll thread is poor

Manly will be fine and your tears will be delicious

• Like Like x 2
  3. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,233 / 37
    Mateo, Mason and Burgess have played one game

We haven't really been linked to any of the players mentioned besides Hodkinson and Sezer and i actually rate sezer

Plus there are plenty of exciting young talent we could pick up in T Burgess, K Sims, Ofahangue, Grevsmuhl, Elgey and Cornish

Not to mention the Turbo's and Gutho

It will be okay

4. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    We will go OK - the Players and Club are on notice that Manly Fans don't accept mediocrity @:cool:

BA and KF are the regressive thinking that caused this crisis :mad:

5. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    What's happened 2 forums these day's the trolls are rubbish. Man put some effort in if you are going 2 troll. Your trolling is as bad as your team has been for the last near on 30 years.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    Captain Foz is just the man to lead you to those two titles by 2020. Enjoy the ride!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    How long until we get back to the top?

The short answer is a whole lot quicker than fans of other NRL clubs would like.

The long answer is just far too complex for the feeble minds of opposition fans to comprehend.

• Like Like x 1
  8. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Get off the grass, troll. You are obviously not aware we have Willow cultivating our next crop.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Post of the decade

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    As long as we keep the youngin's , and target the best up and comers, and try to get (over a period of 2-3 years) a good forward leader, a good back leader (to replace Jamie) and then if the youngin's don't come to fruition we target the best available half at the time, we will be fine.

2015 is shot
    2016 will be tough
    2017 we'll be back on track
    2018 almost there
    2019 or 2020 the start of the next Gold Era

• Like Like x 1
  11. NewwyEagle

NewwyEagle I sleep in a racing car

Ratings:
    +1,178 / 60
    Pfft we'll be back on top this Saturday night

• Like Like x 1
  12. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Mark we do win a comp every decade since the 70's...

13. Killer03

Killer03 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,699 / 27
    Yeh I think the timeframe from @MarkfromBrisbane is about right. This year without being defeatist we are pushing the proverbial up hill, but if we start the planning and rebuilding now we can be truly competitive in the next 2-3 years. We still have some quality and I believe what was done in the 2005 on period is the way to go. Bring through 1 or 2 quality players each year. We did that brilliantly in 2005 with BK and Kitey, 2006 with Orford and Bell, 2007 with Jamie, 2008 with Josh Perry. Sprinkled in with quality such as Beaver, Watmough, Snake and Monaghan that were already here. I don't see a lot of difference, we have Turbos, Gutho, Hiku etc, with some older wiser head Ballin, Matai, Snake, Killer and then bring through some quality players.

14. mjb136

mjb136 MWSE fanatic Premium Member

sydney
    Ratings:
    +1,462 / 32
    How long you say troll?

upload_2015-3-13_16-7-13.jpeg
    Oh....About 5, 10 minute

• Like Like x 3
  15. Loobs

Loobs I am not really Scott Penn Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,410 / 257
    Not to mention there is no point fielding a competitive squad until after 2020 because Parra and the Dogs have both said they'll win 2 comps each in that time.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    So because I'm a new member I'm suddenly a troll?

Other members have their negative say on our current disappointing situation and it's all good, but I'm not allowed to say my own opinion.

For what it's worth I was thinking 5+ seasons! but clearly I'm a troll...

17. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    So you also think about 5 years? Thanks,

18. Matais Shoulder

Matais Shoulder Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 2
    I heard the other night on 360 that Ofa from Brisbane is tossing up between the Broncos and Titans. K Sims re-signed today with Knights. T Burgess so far hasn't shown he is in the same league as his twin whilst Cornish doesn't look too great.

Grevsmuhl would be awesome.

Haven't seen enough of Elgey to comment on him.

19. Mavin

Mavin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +929 / 43
    Pretty hard 2 see much footy from silverwater I presume just a lot of your cell mates back door

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,744 / 258
    For whatever it means I actually don't think you are a Troll....there have been many new members join in the last few weeks, many that are Trolls, but many that are just frustrated fans wanting a say.

At this point you haven't yet showed me your are an opposition supporter.

And yes I think about 5 years.

The Drizzle will have to do the same as they are in exactly the same boat as we are in, well not exactly but close!!