How long is Foran signed for?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I think try to lock up Foran, Turtle and the stewart brothers, they are all key players, next comes Hoppa.

Surely we can follow the Bennett unwritten rule and get solid workhorse props for value

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Foran’s current market value imo would now be $400k.

I cant see it being that high just yet Ernie. We all know he is good but its still early days in his career. Maybe $300k is closer.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
The Headache for Manly’s recruitment team will be having enough salary cap left to resign the players coming off contract in 2012 including Foran.

Manly will have a number of other notables coming off contract, Glen & Brett Stewart, Watmough, King, Cherry-Evans, Rodney and so on.

Isnt Glenn+DCE end 2013 and Choc end 2014.

DCE might have an option his favour for 2013 but on the money he is on, he wont exercise that option unless he spends most of next year in NSW Cup. If he establishes himself as an NRL 7 he will be worth 3 times his current contract.

Jatz Crackers said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

I cant see it being that high just yet Ernie. We all know he is good but its still early days in his career. Maybe $300k is closer.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Idris has just got $375k. Foran is more key to a team than he is. I dont think we would close to signing Kieran for $300k

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Idris has just got $375k. Foran is more key to a team than he is. I dont think we would close to signing Kieran for $300k

OK we wont quibble. Split it right down the middle at $320K. Done.

swoop said:
Another possibility could be that if the Roosters or other NRL clubs make a play for Foran I wonder if the club would consider moving Brett to 5/8th and Hoppa our no1?

No we need to keep Foran, he is developing very nicely, give him a few years and i bet he will be our most important player. Snake, Hoppa, Foran, DCE, Killer, Matai and Gift all need to stay.

Jatz Crackers said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
The Headache for Manly’s recruitment team will be having enough salary cap left to resign the players coming off contract in 2012 including Foran.

Manly will have a number of other notables coming off contract, Glen & Brett Stewart, Watmough, King, Cherry-Evans, Rodney and so on.

Isnt Glenn+DCE end 2013 and Choc end 2014.

If Sandow is worth $300k Foran is definitely worth $400k

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Its so subjective anyway, but i still believe Foran hasnt the track record YET, to command $400k which is stretching towards the highest levels in NRL salary.

My offer of $320k cant stay on the table forever you know :)

If the dishlickers were prepared to pay $280k for dogkinson, then they wouldn't hesitate to pay $400k for Foran.

Jatz Crackers said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. Its so subjective anyway, but i still believe Foran hasnt the track record YET, to command $400k which is stretching towards the highest levels in NRL salary.

the recruitment business is so competitive that you cant wait until the player have the runs on the board. Its all about speculation and if Foran was coming off contract this year, the other clubs would be jumping out of trees to make Foran an offer.

Jatz Crackers said:
It then begs the question, was $280k too much for Hodko.

Probably depends on who they'd be playing in the number 7 if they hadn't signed him. The dogs are travelling alright - Hodko can't be that bad.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

the recruitment business is so competitive that you cant wait until the player have the runs on the board. Its all about speculation and if Foran was coming off contract this year, the other clubs would be jumping out of trees to make Foran an offer.

No need for you to continue to try & convince me. Ive said its subjective and my opinion is that he is worth circa $300k.

Fark... no wonder the Raiders don't lose many of their YOUNG GUNS.. look how tightly they sign up their team...

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/teams/canberra-raiders/

SwornEagle I followed that link and see that in the 2012 column it says PO next to Orfords name. Does that mean what I think it means? :D

and pigs might fly regarding Kite, I'm sure you would be happy to take less money in your last years of work.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2