1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long is Foran signed for?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Sean, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Sean

Sean Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Can anyone tell me how long we signed Foran for. I get nervous when it looks like the roosters have a position to fill and it looks like five-eighth spot may be available soon. You would imagine Pearce would be keen to link up with him.

2. torana355

torana355 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    Till the end of 2012. By then we should have a few people leaving that may free up some cap.

3. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I don;t believe his signing for 2011 has been announced yet.

4. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    No he is defiantly signed mate, see the link below.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/keiran-foran-stays-at-brookvale-nest/story-e6frg7mf-1225831551281

5. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    So according to that he is off contract at the end of this season.

6. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    end of next season

7. torana355

Ratings:
    +1,491 / 27
    No till the end of 2012, how do you figure the end of 2011???

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/teams/manly-sea-eagles/

This site is great for checking who is signed up ect.

8. Matabele

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Article is dated 18 February 2010:

Only now, having made the decision to spurn an offer from the Sydney Roosters to remain at the Sea Eagles for at least another two seasons, can Foran reveal how trying it was.

9. Stevo

Stevo Well-Known Member

NSW
    Ratings:
    +1,319 / 47
    Yeah that's how it read to me too.....

10. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Is anyone worried that if the Chooks do give Carney the flick that priority no 1 for them will be K. Foran?

11. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 131
    As long as O'Sullivan is recruitment manager for the chooks I don't see Foran having anything to do with them.

And besides why would anyone want to play for a team whose coach has a reputation like Smith's? 2nd is the best that Smith will ever acheive

12. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Two seasons = 2011 and 2012

13. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    I think it was a smart move signing Liam he might only end up being a fringe first grader at best but it keeps the brothers dream alive of playing together in the NRL.

14. Sean

Sean Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks guys. I found the same article but I thought it was strange it was not talked about in any other publications. Just wanted to see if anyone read it elsewhere.

15. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    He only signed for 2 years in case the Bears were readmitted as he is a Norths Junior. Lets hope this doesn't happen.

16. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,463 / 74
    I understand what Matas and Fro are saying, but he was already contracted for 2010, it was an additional 2 seasons from there

17. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    O'Sullivan helps us but what his friendship with Mitchell Pearce can't be ignored either. That and of course dollars. Although I must admit I'm reasonably confident that Foran is with us for the long term. I wish I had the same level of confidence with us retaining Hoppa.

18. ERNIE FOR NO7

ERNIE FOR NO7 Active Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    Money speaks all languages and O'Sullivan or his brother isnt going to persuade him to sign a contract worth $100 k or less a year. Foran’s current market value imo would now be $400k. Who knows how much it will be next year when he comes off contract. Even the Broncos are cashed up to make him a big offer.

The Headache for Manly’s recruitment team will be having enough salary cap left to resign the players coming off contract in 2012 including Foran.

Manly will have a number of other notables coming off contract, Glen & Brett Stewart, Watmough, King, Cherry-Evans, Rodney and so on.

Even if some players have to take cuts it will be difficult and so one of the considerations the Recruitment team will be left with is how do they free up room within their cap.

Do they let Kite go and place trust that the likes of Mauro, Robinson, Cunningham and Lussick stepping up to fill the void. Also do they let David Williams and Tony Williams go for Robertson, Oldfield and Whare.

If they decide to go that way that will pay to resign Hopoate and Buhrer and leave something in reserve for the upgrade that Foran is going to be worth. It is a gamble but it has to be considered.

19. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    By reading that article, if we can keep Liam Foran on the cheap we should be able to keep Kierna aswell.

20. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    This is what I was thinking and I think it is a gamble we must take. Des and Crusher are pretty good at developing players so surely they can get their hands on another couple of cheap props to get the job done. We might even be able to get Kite on a drastically reduced contract.