How long do you give Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hes been hung out to dry im afraid. When so many players want out it has to be to a degree something to do with the coaching.
I agree he's being hung out to dry, by whom and why I don't know.

I disagree that so many players want out that it has to do with the coaching.
Gifty didn't want to go, he wanted to play out his career at Manly.
Choc threw his toys out of the cot and left and he wouldn't be on chicken feed.
Matai apparently asked for a release but resigned.
DCE said last night he was all but signed by the the previous management ( as much as many don't believe him said he wanted to stay) and new management pulled the deal and offered less.
Foz, IF he's gone he is taking Choc's toys and some seriously big $$ to go to Parra.

I don't buy into the spin, I can understand DCE going to the Goldie on the $$ offered and TPA's being a Qlder.

Foz's talk of going to where he can improve as a footballer v chasing the $$, yeah right!
If the reports are right, he's probably getting 200k more a year than we offered.
That'd improve me as I'd only need to play for four years and get paid for five!

Unfortunately we've been caught in a position that other clubs WILL pay massive overs for our players, it shouldn't be that we have to pay overs to keep them.

Gone in 2 weeks. Will be a damn shame but this is a cutthroat business. We'll go after a rebuilding coach who'll take Bozo's juniors to a competitive level then we'll probably go after Cleary to take them to the top. That's if we actually have a plan and the Penns aren't just interested in property development and selling off the license.

Cutting Tooves would be a mistake far bigger than failing to re-sign Foran or DCE. With those 2 all but certain to leave, Toovey finally gets the chance to build his own side and I think his potential to achieve success is far better than most coaches.

I just hope that the guys running the club are realistic in understanding that there will always be differences between individuals within any organisation. We all follow the same team and even we go to war against each other. It's natural.

Let Toovey do his own thing and I'm sure it's likely that we won't be disappointed.

Interesting listening 2 matt johns this morning this guy loves rumours and spreading ****. But when asked about Toovey (he wanted 2 say something) but he said I have 2 much respect for the guy.

Funny how little credit Toovey gets for real achievements while brad Arthur gets plaudits for no achievements at all.

It's only round 1. My guess is four straight losses will earn him a possible tap on the shoulder (providing they have someone lined up but how they are retaining players now who can know).

Interesting listening 2 matt johns this morning this guy loves rumours and spreading ****. But when asked about Toovey (he wanted 2 say something) but he said I have 2 much respect for the guy.

With his son in the SG Ball team at Manly he's been a lot more careful in his dribbling and talk of the club.

Was it Alan Thompson or Max Krilich that lost his job as coach in the late 80s? I see a parallel with Tooves - club legend, well respected, former captain, premiership winner, international - YET inherits a team that needs a rebuild and may become a scapegoat for that.

(Except of course Tooves has had 3 top 4 finishes and a GF loss in his time so far - so he has runs on the board).

Was it Alan Thompson or Max Krilich that lost his job as coach in the late 80s? I see a parallel with Tooves - club legend, well respected, former captain, premiership winner, international - YET inherits a team that needs a rebuild and may become a scapegoat for that.

(Except of course Tooves has had 3 top 4 finishes and a GF loss in his time so far - so he has runs on the board).

Thompson ( 1989) replaced by Lowe 1990 season Lowe turns up with Bella and Ian Roberts we also signed Billy Moore but lowe released him when he changed his mind.

What odds on Tooves staying, but a "coaching director" appointed to "assist" - some other clubs have gone this way.

My personal thoughts is id give him as long as he wants but others might decide his fate . yes they say he inherited this team but you still have to come up with plays and midway through last season we were playing some great attacking footy thats when everyone was tipping us to win the comp the way we were playing was directly from Toovs coaching and the support team he acquired . Toovs has brought on a fair few players since he took over . and its clear under his and joey's input both our halves are much better players , Buher ,Hiku , Gutherson Starling have all thrived under Toovs For me Toovs is the best man for the job lets not blame him from outside influences that try to destabilize Toovs coaching but in the end it could be these influences that see Toovs gone but not for one minute do i think he cant coach

The Penn's have mounted the pressure on Toovey to resign.

They don't want to be seen as getting rid of a club legend. I also bet that Tooves is a little agitator, and good on him. He has rubbed them the wrong way and his papers have been stamped. So very unfortunate

I get the feeling he might say **** you if this **** keeps happening.
I would - how dare he be hung out to dry two weeks in a row on tele. I'd say he is only staying because he feels he can help the team ride it out.

I played with and against tooves in a few sports back in the day, and I can't think of a time when he didn't come out a winner - he's a single minded and tough individual.

The Penns sacked & threatened to sue Hasler. On top of that, he seems to be losing the plot a bit. Cleary seems content at the Panthers after the work he's done there is paying off. As such, can't see either of them coming.
There's really nobody available that's worthy of the job. The Penns might have to stick with Tooves.

Elliott.
He is an ok coach and his interviews are gold. Intermediate coach until the replacement is found.

I would - how dare he be hung out to dry two weeks in a row on tele. I'd say he is only staying because he feels he can help the team ride it out.

I played with and against tooves in a few sports back in the day, and I can't think of a time when he didn't come out a winner - he's a single minded and tough individual.
why do people keep saying he got hung out to dry yesterday? the club made an official statement that they had no knowledge of a foran deal and thought they were still negotiating? So how did he get hung out?

Yeah well its on cards, toovs is my fav player of all time. BUT yeah seems like he does not quite have it as a coach in terms of regard.
The obvious choices are Nathan brown, trent barrett maybe even meninga or daley ( i think daley is not up to it).
I swear, if Tim Sheens comes here I'll deadset go postal. No thanks to Meninga and Daley. I'd entertain Barrett, not sure about Brown, but I'm sure he has improved a great deal. Of course, this is all speculation, as Toovey is our coach for now.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2