How long do you give Tooves

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Clearly he's on the outer with the management ( two sessions on NRL 360 show that).

Clearly he's on the outer with " some " players ( Foran a prime example).

Clearly he's well and truly on the outer with the media who are hammering him at every opportunity.

Clearly he's under pressure on the field , last week speaks volumes, this weeks loss and the next couple of losses will only add to the issue.

And clearly a certain board member has the dagger poised over his left shoulder and aimed at his heart, it's not yet broken the skin but the point is inches away.

And so clearly he has limited time, how much I don't know and it would depend on who is available.

What do you give him????

I don't give him long and I really do feel for the guy.
He's a champion and club legend but not everyone is cut out to be a coach.
Unfortunately somebody has to shoulder the blame for the goings on recently.

Depends if he hass pissed off the penns or zorba, and depends if we can get a worthy replacement. I can not see why this is his issue really. Manangement were at war long before he took over the job. It got very personel and was only going to end badly due to the moves that both sides made. Not sure if tooves was part of that but if not he should see it through

I hope the club Penn and Kelly let him know what's going on because if he is not in the plans long term he shouldn't be involved with the recruiting that now has 2 take place. The new coach (if we have 1) has 2 sign who he wants.

My feeling is that Toovey is the one that should make the call about his future. If he feels he doesn't have the players focus, then step down.

Hes been hung out to dry im afraid. When so many players want out it has to be to a degree something to do with the coaching.

Toovey came in to the job after Hasler took off and has tried to keep the place together.

What ever happened this time last year between he and the management over player recruitment has sown the seeds for the train wreck unfolding before our eyes.

Unless he gets backing from the owners right now his job is going to be untenable. That would complete the total failure we are seeing.

serious.?? doom and gloom, you have us losing this week before the games even started, we lost the first game of the season and you,re planning our funeral, give the team a chance, so we lose CE and maybe foz,(thats next year) . We just need the forwards to stand up and we,re still in this up to our eyeballs.....

Yeah well its on cards, toovs is my fav player of all time. BUT yeah seems like he does not quite have it as a coach in terms of regard.
The obvious choices are Nathan brown, trent barrett maybe even meninga or daley ( i think daley is not up to it).

Two weeks in a row now when he's about to go 'live on air', these 'breaking news' stories hit the media and he is left looking like a fool for not knowing whats going on (to his credit he has held up well on air)... not co-incidence sadly.

the times they are a changin'... I think a very sad day is closer than we think.

C'mon.
Back in 1999, the great Bozo was at the helm and we lost the first 7 straight games.
I'll be livid if Tooves was punted, considering the difficult circumstances beyond his control.
Nobody can do better, not even Wayne Bennett.
Make the banners this weekend and let Tooves know that we support him, UNEQUIVOCALLY.

...and not everything revolves around Zorba being the cause.
Who are we going to blame when Zorba's gone? His ghost?

Don't understand all the internal politics but why does Zorba have an agenda against Toovey?

C'mon.
Back in 1999, the great Bozo was at the helm and we lost the first 7 straight games.
I'll be livid if Tooves was punted, considering the difficult circumstances beyond his control.
Nobody can do better, not even Wayne Bennett.
Make the banners this weekend and let Tooves know that we support him, UNEQUIVOCALLY.

...and not everything revolves around Zorba being the cause.
Who are we going to blame when Zorba's gone? His ghost?

Make no mistake Bozo was close 2 being punted but he stood aside and let the great Sharp take over. It's a fallacy that we don't punt greats of the club. Alan Thompson was given 22 games 9 wins 1 draw and 12 loses and sacked. I still can't believe he was treated so poorly

For a bloke who took over a rabble & was only bad refereeing & SBW from winning a comp, then just missing out on the GF by 1 point with an injury ravaged team, plus the fact he has had to contend with a club decimated by back ended contracts took over a sinking ship......unless the players hate him which is unlikely looking at the past 2 years results - its a joke to use Toovey as a scapegoat.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6