How long before manly is back?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Question: What would you have done, had you been DCE? Would you have played for unders?
You think 1.3 million is a fair price. I don't think 700 would be unders. Honestly I would trust me brotherhood and loyalty is much more valuable than money. Money isn't everything.

You think 1.3 million is a fair price. I don't think 700 would be unders. Honestly I would trust me brotherhood and loyalty is much more valuable than money. Money isn't everything.

No, right now I dont think that it is a fair price,
But then, it was the market value for him.

So you are suggesting that DCE should have taken $600k a year less ($6 mil over 10 years) than he could get for brotherhood?

Love to be a fly on the wall when he got home, Honey I could of gotten $1.3 mil a year but accepted $600k because I like my team mates.

And I'm sure DCE wasn't really welcome in the brotherhood anyway.

As always, there is no single answer to a complex problem.

What really concerns me though is how the franchise owners (you can't really call them the club owners) chose to ignore the lessons of Manly-Warringah's history:

Every 1st grade premiership-winning team coached by a former Manly player;

Every 1st grade GF runners-up, coached by a then current or former Manly player; and

Every 1st grade finals-bound team (bar the 1955 and 1990-91 sides) were coached by a former Manly player.

That is the sort of footballing history you ignore at your peril.

Last edited:
How long will it take to refind our manly spirit and culture? 2 years? 5 years? 10 or more? We all know that ATM we don't have any culture or spirit. The old manly culture consisted of players putting the club before them selves, putting aside their differences (snake and cherry) to play good footy. Who would have thought 1 player leaving could ruin one clubs whole culture and future. We all had a top 8 finish or better for 2016 and maybe a premiership by 2017 or 2018. ATM we are out of the picture for 2016 and the way we are headed 2017 also. How long will it be before we are back? I've followed manly for a fairly short time compared to a lot of you and I've been very lucky to be watching manly while they've been successful. I don't know much about the northern eagles saga but I know that was pretty much our worst period, how is that compared to our current situation. For me 2017 rests on one massive thing getting DCE a halves partner. At the current point in time we have no halves and even at full strength we have 1. That's not going to get you anything and we have no halves depth either which is very bad. Manly need to realise that no 5/8 means no success. And also who's smart idea was it to sack tooves? He never did anything wrong. Get him back and sign Corey Norman bring back success and our culture you bring back manly. Or even get des back and get tooves as his assistant just please no more Barrett he doesn't pick and stick. Older guys in the forum I have a lot of respect for you and in your opinion how long will it be before I can enjoy watching manly again? How long before manly will be back?
Well you only have to look at the 18 to 25 year olds in general society where it's all about themselves rather than the good of mankind. They are so self absorbed they're having children in their early to mid 30's coz they're so reluctant to share their lives with anyone else.

My opinion on DCE....has really put in since his massive deal.......unfortunately to the point he has been often playing at 60% forcing himself to play injured, with a point to prove...also at times, makes a charge a forward should be doing, resulting in 3-4 injuries over the past year or so....I recall a very good DCE behind a very good pack not so long ago.

Regarding DCE, if you give someone top of scale pay for the rest of their lives what do they have to work hard for now?

Players always lift up a notch when it's contract time. We'll never get that again with Daly.

So you are suggesting that DCE should have taken $600k a year less ($6 mil over 10 years) than he could get for brotherhood?

Love to be a fly on the wall when he got home, Honey I could of gotten $1.3 mil a year but accepted $600k because I like my team mates.
I never said he should sign for six hundred k for 10yrs.. Last time I checked rugby league is a team sport not an individual one. You must be a team on the field and off the field to be successful. He will be in the way of many teammates getting small upgrades compared to his salary and many will walk because of it

I never said he should sign for six hundred k for 10yrs.. Last time I checked rugby league is a team sport not an individual one. You must be a team on the field and off the field to be successful. He will be in the way of many teammates getting small upgrades compared to his salary and many will walk because of it

You suggested $700k wouldn't be unders which I took as your opinion of a reasonable contract price.

Of course RL is a team sport, but I would seriously doubt the intellectual capacity of any player that would take $600k less than he could over 10 years.

The club specifically the Penn's had shown the value they place on brotherhood and loyalty with Kite and Gifty and continued with Ballin, Hiku and Gutherson.

Any player in todays game that takes less than they can get is mad. Look at some of the thanks and appreciation currently being shown on this forum to Snake, watmough, Foran and Matai for taking unders for the good of the team.

Football and football fans are fickle and a career can end far too soon. Family and security are forever.

If players leave so be it. That would be the fault of the owners for offering a ridiculous contract, not DCE's for taking it.

I've also noticed over the past couple of rounds that a good meter eating front rower is absolutely massive for a team. We obviously don't have one we have darcy lussuck and Nate "plodder" Myles. We need one obviously and I think when Meehan get up and running with us he will give us a meter eating forward. I don't think addin fonua Blake is able to play big minutes. But he is terrific impact off the bench. And we have knight coming through also.

Well you only have to look at the 18 to 25 year olds in general society where it's all about themselves rather than the good of mankind. They are so self absorbed they're having children in their early to mid 30's coz they're so reluctant to share their lives with anyone else.
So... the 18 to 25 year olds are having children in their early to mid 30s...
giphy.gif

Cherry Evans ruined it with his greed. Divided the team when everyone else was taking pay cuts. In fact I think cherrys decision has had a huge impact on the game overall in terms of loyalty and money now everyone talks about how careers are a buisness. Whilst cherry may try his heart out.. He takes up most of our cap knowingly and while this continues.. Will we be able to build the culture of old? Mate for mate or all for one? Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Just hope the turbo brothers don't follow suit. DCE mentality is himself before the team I'm sorry but it's true. Last yr proves that

Um......bull$hit.

As always, there is no single answer to a complex problem.

What really concerns me though is how the franchise owners (you can't really call them the club owners) chose to ignore the lessons of Manly-Warringah's history:

Every 1st grade premiership-winning team coached by a former Manly player;

Every 1st grade GF runners-up, coached by a then current or former Manly player; and

Every 1st grade finals-bound team (bar the 1955 and 1990-91 sides) were coached by a former Manly player.

That is the sort of footballing history you ignore at your peril.
I can't work it out. Why when there is Manly people like bozo and God forbid even Arko who both orchestrated and endorsed a move away from the most successful formula of any club in the last 40 years. I'm lost with this one.

This stuff about DCE ruining it is ridiculous. The guy and his management did what he had to to secure his future and in turn committed to Manly basically for his entire career. I just can't see how he is a negative in any way for our club at this time. Get healthy DCE and rip in again.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4