How is this Manly's fault.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't worry about it. Sit back and enjoy the fact that so many people are pissed off. I hope we win the Grand Final off a blatant refereeing error. The fallout would be awesome. I can see it now.....So much deserved pain for all those fans of other teams. Bliss.

Yeah - enjoy it while you can - the whole world is convulsing in pain today because of last night - great to be an eagle today!!!

You are all so naive, of course its all Manly's fault, we buy the officials and the NRL loves us, lets all be honest here, we all know we are cheating...... :p

I love it...the more hate for Manly, the bigger supporter I become. My girlfriend supports the Dogs and all of this hate is giving her a soft spot for the Sea Eagles! Somebody metioned it earlier but all of this anti-Manly feel out there is actually counter-productive. It actually brings the supporters and players closer...

I was starting to think we were long shots! But all the haters coming out is really starting to make me feel confident...

It's straight out of Star Wars. Release your hate Luke. Your hate makes the dark side (us) stronger. Go on all you Manly haters release your hate on us make us stronger and we will rule the rugby league universe again HAHAHAHAHAHA. These Carlton Drys are going down extra well tonight. Come on Rabbits i wanna see them upset the dogs next week I dont think the raiders are capable of it.

It's Manly's fault because they are still in the comp and no one likes that.

there are several threads about our win in the NRL forum on front row forums, fckin funny as!

Funny how noone cared about manly v cowboys before the game. It was all eyes on the golden boys souths.

RE: How is this Manly fault.

falcon said:
how about the strip the ball on taufua and then they score .

Exactly how I see it too. We got one try blunder each - even steven really. Thurston is a complete whinger - we won by 10. They were out played & sore losers.

Throughout the year we have had so many things go against us.I think it is a real credit to the players and the coaching staff that we have come so far under the circumstances.So what we finally had a bit of luck go our way.Sometimes that bit of luck makes the difference between winning and losing.I really think they deserve to win this year and no matter what happens from now onwards I feel we should be very proud of their efforts this year.

Manly won the game because they were the better team....end of story.

The amount of negative media carry on about this game, towards Manly is just pathetic and ridiculous. We are not cheats at all, there are two other teams that immediately come to mind, that can be rightly called that word. Anyway, we have had a number of bad calls that have most certainly affected game outcomes this year for us. But was there ever such a blatant media onslaught about any of those games/decisions in our defence? No...!

Cowboys however were not robbed of winning as a result of reffing last night. Thurston and the naysayers need to settle down and look at the Cowboys performance which was actually what lost them the game.

I am proud of our boys and congratulate them on their win last night.

Go Manly.....!!!!

falcon said:

1947 said:
falcon said:

Exactly how I see it too. We got one try blunder each - even steven really. Thurston is a complete whinger - we won by 10. They were out played & sore losers.

mbe said:
Throughout the year we have had so many things go against us.I think it is a real credit to the players and the coaching staff that we have come so far under the circumstances.So what we finally had a bit of luck go our way.Sometimes that bit of luck makes the difference between winning and losing.I really think they deserve to win this year and no matter what happens from now onwards I feel we should be very proud of their efforts this year.

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, although someone else probably already mentioned something about it some where on these forums. It was in the second half when the Cowboys scored through Bowen (I think it was), on the left side of the ground- and Thurston converted it to tie the score up at 12 all. When they showed the replay it looked as though the ball went forward in the lead up to the try, and who else had a part in that play but none other than Jonathon Thurston who had complained to the ref all through the second half that they (the Cowboys) were robbed.
Prior to that try the Cowboys player did a great job in getting away with a hand in the play of the ball, which was the cause of it being stripped, and made to look like Taufua lost control of it. The angle that the camera was at I couldn't really see what must have happened, I just saw him looking at the ref about something.
I had a close look at it when they showed the replay from another angle and I saw what it was he had contested about. The Cowboys players hand was clearly on top of the ball and stripped it.
I think, Thurston, wanted it both ways. To get away with a strip of the ball and a possible forward pass which he had a part in himself and, deny Manly of two 'Benefit of the Doubt' tries so they wouldn't feel "robbed" as he claimed the Cowboys were.
The first 'Benefit of the Doubt' try the ball may of been just before the try line but it slid along the ground and touched the chalk of the line. The ball just has to touch the chalk of the line to be a try. And it's very legal for the ball to be slid along the ground when the player crosses just as long as it (the ball) keeps contact with the ground at all times.
After the second 'Benefit of the Doubt' try, Thurston, had yet again complained to the ref saying "Twice we've been robbed. Twice!" When he said that the score at that time was Sea Eagles 16 Cowboys 12. How were they robbed if Manly were in front by 4 points anyway? Even if the Cowboys had got their way, both times, the score would've still been tied up on 12. Thurston is making it sound as though the Cowboys had been one or even two points in front on the board and then had the game just ripped out from underneath them.
So many times throughout this season and, each and every year, Manly has been the most penalised team in the NRL. And every time they verse someone, they (the opposition) are awarded a try on the back of an error half-the-time and get away with it. In Manly's clash against the Bulldogs I only learnt after the game when I went on SKY News Active- Sport Section- a comment one the Bulldogs players made revealing that there were a couple of forward passes they made and were glad they got away with.
I think it's finally about time that Manly should be allowed to get away with a couple of things in a lead up to a try. All the other teams do. Why can't our boys too? No matter how much criticising comes from the opposition players and their coaches in media conferences and their supporters.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2