How is Glenn different to Kite?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Both great players for manly, both Churchill medallists. Similar no contract situation due to the cap. I don't feel that kite's move last year generated as much angst? Most accepted it, grudgingly, but accepted.

I guess Gift is more of a game breaker than Kitey, and the so called angst of younger brother Brett makes the loss of Gift more hurtful. But agree, every time we lose any very good stalwart that isn't easily replaced does have an impact.

Also, Kite made his name first with St George, and was an established first grader. Glenn was the much loved 'battler from the bush' who came to Manly as a 'gift' thanks to the precocious talents of his brother. In the early seasons Glenn was regarded as an honest toiler, never destined for greatness.
How wrong almost all of us on this forum were. As his hairline receded and his waistline grew so too did his status as a ball-playing forward who set-up tries and helped the Manly 'culture' grow. He is a champion, and even in future seasons when wearing opposition colours I'm sure he will receive a warm Brookie welcome.

Brookie said:
firstly... Kitey is of Tongan background!

thats a big difference!

Glenn has less hair. When Glenn hits you, they at least deflect off your arms and head, Kitey's are easier to duck. Luckily for Michael Crocker.....

Manly let Kite know early that we couldn't keep him though we did seem to want to keep Gift

Plus Gift was a one club player

Briza said:
Forget both above mentioned players for one moment.
One of the 3 most influential players in our proud clubs history (and a club junior) Steve Beaver Menzies was a victim of the salary cap.
G'day all,Still ranks as one of the games greatest travesties the treatment of Menzies by the nrl especially when you consider the way they kept falling over themselves with lockyer.I have refrained from entering the current debate with regards to Glen Stewarts contract situation as most points of issue have been discussed by others but i think that criticism of DCE is a bit unfair, as a similar set of circumstances probably were at play last year when Brett was reportedly playing hardball with his contract negotiations at the same time as Kitey and I don't recall similar criticism that he was forcing Kitey out as a consequence.
cheers mike

The Who said:
Also, Kite made his name first with St George, and was an established first grader. Glenn was the much loved 'battler from the bush' who came to Manly as a 'gift' thanks to the precocious talents of his brother. In the early seasons Glenn was regarded as an honest toiler, never destined for greatness.
How wrong almost all of us on this forum were. As his hairline receded and his waistline grew so too did his status as a ball-playing forward who set-up tries and helped the Manly 'culture' grow. He is a champion, and even in future seasons when wearing opposition colours I'm sure he will receive a warm Brookie welcome.

This

Kitie and Glenn wil always get a warm welcome back @ Brookie. The issue is how the NRL is allowing these circumstances to arise. I'm not happy even the smallest bit with how we have been forced to part with these long-time greats. I can understand how we might have stuffed up with end-of-career loaded contracts but I'm seriously unhappy to be farewelling these players. Total BS.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4