1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How hard is to say ROBERTSON???

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Normie, May 16, 2011.

1. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    Watching the game to night on Fox and it amazes me how the knobs can't pronounce the word ROBERTSON!

2. The Eagle

The Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    LOL! was thinking the same thing

3. Normie

Normie Well-Known Member

Canberra
    Ratings:
    +327 / 4
    They are carrying on calling him Robinson.......

4. Biscuits

Biscuits Active Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    anyone that says he is the first to miss out on a contract does not have a clue

5. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    That was pre form streak and pre Hopoate mormon mission announcement Biscuits

6. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    His form streak started in 2006 and has continued for over 138 games now . . .
    And they've always got his name wrong.

7. Phantar

Phantar Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0
    Now 139 games straight. Round 13 this year (Suppository-Wankstown Dishlickers?) will be his 200th first grade game. What a player.

8. The Eagle

Ratings:
    +480 / 0
    In perspective
    2009 was woeful
    2010 was slowing
    2011 he started slow but has picked up the pace

2009 can be attributed to him playing Fullback
    2010 he played some fullback,he also had fitness issues due to the terrible scientific regiment
    2011's slow start can be attributed to match fitness,offseasons make everyone look a little woeful but he has really picked up

9. ads

ads Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 1
    He wasn't woeful in 2009 - he played really well for a winger who's not a fullback playing fullback! It would be crazy to want to offload him cause he wasn't great when forced to play out of position.

10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Lol Robbo has never been woeful

11. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Woeful??????? haha ok

12. Brookvale

Brookvale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 1
    did you hear gary freeman accidently slipping out the soft c..ks word when describing who tagtese was tackling?

13. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    I am a massive Robbo fan but his form at fullback was pretty average. He is no fullback though & he knows it. One thing Robbo did show during that time was what a great clubman he is, few players of his standing would've just knuckled down, done their best & not kicked up a stink about the situation

Edit: Anyone that calls him Michael Robinson should be shot. Right up there in the realm of Jamie Lyons IMO.

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Just who is this 'The Eagle' deadhead? To describe Robertson as anything but professional and an outstanding winger is just wrong. His ability to find the line is terrific. When he's on the wing I feel confident there will be no stuff-ups down his side. He can catch the ball and he's not troubled in running it back up. He's the first to admit he's no fullback, but he didn't sook when he was put there by Des. Given our stocks of outside backs, Robbo has held his own, and it's my guess he's just an automatic selection by Des. I want the Wang to be with us for many years to come.

15. SwornEagle

SwornEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 3
    Robertson owns the corridor 1 meter in from touch.. up to 5-10m out.

16. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,819 / 53
    Robbo has never turned in a performance I would consider anywhere near "woeful", even when he was playing out of position.

The guy has probably made about 2-3 errors in his entire time in the maroon and white and he hasn't missed a game. Seriously, he's as safe as a condom, but more indestructible.

I can't understand why so many people don't realise how good this bloke is.

17. jjai

jjai Active Member

Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    they done it last year too..

18. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +310 / 0
    That has to be the most apt description for Wangman that I have ever heard.

19. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,115 / 287
    Robertson would have made an excellent winger in SOO to counter some of the QLD big boys leaps at NSW line.

Unfortunately, Laurie "nose cartileage" Dailey won't pick players from a team running third in the competition.

20. eelcatcher

eelcatcher Active Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0
    Wow I always thought he was called Micheal Robinson ;) Anyway Jamie LyonS and Micheal Robinson should be in Origin, looks like another Maroon celan sweep. And how good was Tim Robertson last night?