1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How good was T-Rex

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by COMMANDER, Apr 30, 2011.

1. COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL 2016 Tipping Competitor

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,740 / 81
    Needs 10 minutes at the end of each half.

What a monster.[hr]
    AND

Pippa Middleton

2. Narly

Narly Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0
    He's just realised his size! Could be a legend if only he'd play like this everyweek.

3. WAMF

WAMF Well-Known Member

Perth
    Ratings:
    +408 / 0
    Yep agree.
    Great hit on Simms.

4. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Just makes me frustrated because you know he is capable of that but going on the past we are unlikely to see something like that for another 8 weeks. I hope wrong.

5. chrisos

chrisos Active Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 19
    I have said in another post he needs more game time,i am a t rex supporter and i want to see him get more time on the field hes a big unit and just steamrolls the opposition,by the way when is he actually off contract?

6. codewana

codewana Active Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    This.

I really enjoyed seeing him on the field tonight. Just a shame its takes two and a bit seasons to get there... Keep it up Tony.

7. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    Reasonable cameo.

8. lloydy

lloydy Active Member

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
  9. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,461 / 80
    Should have had more time.
    :(

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,080 / 284
    Good call Jerry - was thinking the same thing.

11. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +946 / 79
    Cracked me up the way he was just palming players off can't they give him longer playing time.[/u]

12. Technical Coach

Technical Coach Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +863 / 45
    He is effective with space against stationary defenders where he can plant a palm and move forward---defensive lines moving forward in numbers he slows down and trys to avoid or minimize front on collisions/tacklers.

Awesome potential but lacks the straight line commitment of a Matai.

13. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    The reason I'd like to see him play in the forwards because he has a great offload. How good did we look tonight off the back of some second phase play? T-rex in the middle with a couple of good offload with guys like Choc, Snake, DCE running off him would wreak havoc. You just hope the penny finally drops with him. He is playing for a contract so lets hope for more consistency and we don't have to wait another few weeks for a performance like that from him tonight.

14. Moondog

Moondog Grey-beard loon Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Hervey Bay
    Ratings:
    +3,525 / 32
    Great impact off the bench. Just maybe he's starting to realise what he's capable of doing on a football field. He even seemed to be moving quicker last night.

15. Sheikheagle

Sheikheagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +854 / 53
    TC is spot on he needs to be put in holes as he doesn't run hard enough to make the busts himself

16. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    we have seen him with more time, 20 min seems enough for him :p

17. The Indian

The Indian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 9
    Williams is giving us a massive lift when he comes on. Our game turned around totally when he came on fresh. His was the enthusiasm and go forward we had been missing for most of the match. I dont for a second think Tony is a front rower really BUT I tell you what he is playing much more like one than another front rower who thinks he is the worlds slowest 5/8, never runs forward and tackles like he wants to hug the opposition not hurt them.

You know when 3/4 of this forum isnt bagging Williams then he must have played a blinder.

18. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,834 / 103
    The game was over by the time T-Rex was brought on. A mistake by Des imo, who obviously doesn't have much confidence in him. If you pick him in the 17 then he should be given at least 20 minutes per half. I'm not a T-Rex fan, but he was terrific against the Cowboys. More time, and more performances like that and I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

I'm afraid Mouro isn't worth a spot in the 17.